Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

:International Requirements: Does Oxford super score the SAT Watch

University Navigation

ReputationRep:
    "American education system
    Oxford will accept both the old-system and the redesigned SAT. Students sitting the redesigned SAT will need to achieve a total score of 1,470 (out of 1,600). We do not require the optional essay in the redesigned SAT. Any candidates with a test date prior to, or including, January 2016 will be expected to achieve the SAT Reasoning Test with at least 1,400 in Critical Reading and Mathematics and also 700 or more in Writing, giving a combined score of at least 2,100 (out of 2,400)."

Is this the super scored amount or are individual tests with 700 on W and 1400 on M and R needed?

They say this about superscoring but i'm not sure it answers the question:

"Candidates are asked to enter all their scores for any tests taken when they complete their UCAS application, showing the relevant dates for each. This gives tutors a complete picture of the candidates’ academic record, rather than just the ‘superscore’ of best results for the different sections of any test taken on multiple occasions."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Steppenwolf123)
    "American education system
    Oxford will accept both the old-system and the redesigned SAT. Students sitting the redesigned SAT will need to achieve a total score of 1,470 (out of 1,600). We do not require the optional essay in the redesigned SAT. Any candidates with a test date prior to, or including, January 2016 will be expected to achieve the SAT Reasoning Test with at least 1,400 in Critical Reading and Mathematics and also 700 or more in Writing, giving a combined score of at least 2,100 (out of 2,400)."

Is this the super scored amount or are individual tests with 700 on W and 1400 on M and R needed?

"Candidates are asked to enter all their scores for any tests taken when they complete their UCAS application, showing the relevant dates for each. This gives tutors a complete picture of the candidates’ academic record, rather than just the ‘superscore’ of best results for the different sections of any test taken on multiple occasions."
    idk but I doubt it

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know?
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:

We think this advice does answer your question. Although you can keep attempting SATs to achieve the required scores by carrying forward the best results, each attempt has to be declared. If only a partial set of results is disclosed and subsequently this came to light, it would be regarded as a misrepresentation.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you so much!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BrasenoseAdm)
    We think this advice does answer your question. Although you can keep attempting SATs to achieve the required scores by carrying forward the best results, each attempt has to be declared. If only a partial set of results is disclosed and subsequently this came to light, it would be regarded as a misrepresentation.

One more question if you don't mind--how long are SAT scores valid for? I took it twice my junior year (once January 23, 2016 and once again November 7, 2015)

I am going to be a freshmen in a state college and will apply to oxford in around October 2018. Will my scores be valid for that duration or will they have already expired?

ReputationRep:
    One more question if you don't mind--how long are SAT scores valid for? I took it twice my junior year (once January 23, 2016 and once again November 7, 2015)

I am not going to be a freshmen in a state college and will apply to oxford in around October 2018. Will my scores be valid for that duration or will they have already expired?
    We don't know and will try to find out. Our gut feeling is any kind of test score like this has a shelf life of four, five or six years and then ceases to be current. So on that basis we think you would be fine - but this is a gut feeling. Thanks for asking a testing question!

ReputationRep:
    I am going to be a freshmen in a state college and will apply to oxford in around October 2018. Will my scores be valid for that duration or will they have already expired?[/QUOTE]

SAT scores are valid for five years: http://www.studyabroad18.com/article...e-validity.php.

Our reading of the UCAS requirement to disclose a full educational record, however, indicates that applicants should list all of their SAT scores on their UCAS form no matter how old.

Returning to your specific query, your scores will still be valid if you decide to apply.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.