Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Best friend dating my ex Watch

Announcements

So basically I have just found out that one of my best friend's of 9 years is dating my ex. I dated this guy for nearly 2 years and had even confided in my best friend when the relationship ended about how badly he had treated me and told her all the details of insults he gave me and verbal abuse. I am just shocked to find out 2 days a go that she has been dating him for about a month. She wasn't even going to say she kept it all quiet and now it is out in the open. When she first admitted to it it was because my other friends in the group kept prodding her asking if they were dating and then she admitted to it and started laughing about it as if it is some kind of joke. When I confronted her she tried to say that she wasn't really interested in him but just wanted to see 'how far things would go' (whatever that means..). I really don't know what to do about this situation. TSR I need your help!! #lifesaver

(Original post by Anonymous)
    So basically I have just found out that one of my best friend's of 9 years is dating my ex. I dated this guy for nearly 2 years and had even confided in my best friend when the relationship ended about how badly he had treated me and told her all the details of insults he gave me and verbal abuse. I am just shocked to find out 2 days a go that she has been dating him for about a month. She wasn't even going to say she kept it all quiet and now it is out in the open. When she first admitted to it it was because my other friends in the group kept prodding her asking if they were dating and then she admitted to it and started laughing about it as if it is some kind of joke. When I confronted her she tried to say that she wasn't really interested in him but just wanted to see 'how far things would go' (whatever that means..). I really don't know what to do about this situation. TSR I need your help!! #lifesaver
    Well that's nice of her. Shows you what sort of a friend she is. Leave her be, he is obviously a d!ck and she is no better, she has it coming. Keep your distance and stick with your other friends, no need to ditch her as a friend though.

ReputationRep:
    And why do you care?

You don't need to do anything at all.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    Well that's nice of her. Shows you what sort of a friend she is. Leave her be, he is obviously a d!ck and she is no better, she has it coming. Keep your distance and stick with your other friends, no need to ditch her as a friend though.
    thanks for the advice, i appreciate it!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 25, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.