The Student Room Group

How to get an A* in Edexcel chemistry

Hi. I am aiming for a A* in chemistry (edexcel IAL). I'm an international student and I'll be giving my AS in January 2018 A2 in May 2018 (almost done with AS syllabus and question papers).
So now i need guidelines and info on details about UMS to be obtained(dont know much about it ) , tips on how to study, exam question pattern to note etc. (will be greatly appreciated)

Pardon me if there is already a thread regarding the topic. But I wanted to know things only about the edexcel IAL syllabus hence the thread.

Thank you 😀😀😀
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 1
You also need to make it clear that you are an international student. The rules for Edexcel in the UK are different (there is no UMS any more) and so you may be told a shed load of stuff that is irrelevant or plain wrong for someone studying Edexcel IAL.
Reply 2
There's no special formula just revise hard.
Reply 3
Original post by Compost
You also need to make it clear that you are an international student. The rules for Edexcel in the UK are different (there is no UMS any more) and so you may be told a shed load of stuff that is irrelevant or plain wrong for someone studying Edexcel IAL.

I'm sorry about that. I didn't know :frown:. I'll try to edit the post. Thank you for your response. Really appreciate it 😀
Reply 4
Original post by hiyatt
There's no special formula just revise hard.

Yep, definitely. Any tips :smile: (other than doing past year papers since i already did them) :smile: ?

Quick Reply

Latest