Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I have firmed Warwick and looking forward to studying there but I am having difficulty in picking accommodation. I have heard rootes is the most sociable but I have also heard there are parties thrown 24/7. While having a good social life is important I also want to focus on my studies and live in a good working environment. Is Rootes as noisy and loud as everyone says? Also for Rootes its say 19 to a kitchen, does this get crowded or is that not an issue?

Also, are there any other accommodations someone can recommend that have a good balance between being able to work and having a good social life? I've heard claycroft, tocil and Arthur Vick are quite good. Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Bluebell is great. Good when you wanna get away from the noise to study but also great when you need to go to parties cuz it's next to rootes

ReputationRep:
    Hi there,

All accommodation at Warwick varies - there are lots of rumours about which halls are a certain way and which aren't, but the truth is, it's a mixed bag. I have lived in Rootes, Westwood and Tocil, and all of my flats had a mix of people, some who liked partying and some who didn't. Bluebell has the reputation of being quieter and more closed off, but that is because it is the most expensive halls on campus, leading some to assume it's full of 'stuck up' people, but this isn't necessarily true either. When I lived in Rootes, it was loud and noisy, and we did have 18 to a kitchen, so it was messy pretty much all the time. But when I lived in Westwood, we still had 16 to a kitchen, yet it was spotless all the time. It really depends on who you are put in with - the most important thing is to be honest when you write in your little about me box when applying, and also to choose accommodation that is right for you in regards to en-suite or not, price, and location (walking distance to lectures etc.)

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 29, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.