Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Should I talk to my boyfriend about him liking other girls bikini pictures? Watch

Announcements

Me and my boyfriend have been together for a year and a half now and I know that he adores me, but this is really bothering me.

He liked another girls bikini picture on Instagram about 2 weeks ago. The girl is my age and we both know her through school. She has an amazing figure so after seeing his 'like' it made me feel so insecure about myself and I can't help but think that he'd rather my body look like hers since she's tanned and petite and I'm pale and tall. He liked another girls picture before this a few months ago whom again we both know through school. It was a selfie of her in a bikini top but although basically a picture of her boobs (which are huge) from the angle it was taken. Again this made me feel so insecure about myself because I don't have big boobs.

Honestly, I'm mainly annoyed and I personally think that it's disrespectful. It's made me feel really insecure and the fact that the girls are around my age and whom we both know makes me feel uncomfortable. But what also bothers me is what other people are thinking when they see his 'like'. Would they think he's not happy enough with me? Does it make me look like a fool when they know that we are together? It makes me angry whenever I think of it and can't help but be in a mood with him when I do think of it and he has no idea why.

See, I don't know whether to bring it up since they were from weeks ago and it's really not a regular occurrence. I could be overthinking and I don't want to be that crazy, jealous girlfriend. But I honestly I can't help feeling like this. Should I just learn to deal with/ignore it. I don't know what to do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Me and my boyfriend have been together for a year and a half now and I know that he adores me, but this is really bothering me.

He liked another girls bikini picture on Instagram about 2 weeks ago. The girl is my age and we both know her through school. She has an amazing figure so after seeing his 'like' it made me feel so insecure about myself and I can't help but think that he'd rather my body look like hers since she's tanned and petite and I'm pale and tall. He liked another girls picture before this a few months ago whom again we both know through school. It was a selfie of her in a bikini top but although basically a picture of her boobs (which are huge) from the angle it was taken. Again this made me feel so insecure about myself because I don't have big boobs.

Honestly, I'm mainly annoyed and I personally think that it's disrespectful. It's made me feel really insecure and the fact that the girls are around my age and whom we both know makes me feel uncomfortable. But what also bothers me is what other people are thinking when they see his 'like'. Would they think he's not happy enough with me? Does it make me look like a fool when they know that we are together? It makes me angry whenever I think of it and can't help but be in a mood with him when I do think of it and he has no idea why.

See, I don't know whether to bring it up since they were from weeks ago and it's really not a regular occurrence. I could be overthinking and I don't want to be that crazy, jealous girlfriend. But I honestly I can't help feeling like this. Should I just learn to deal with/ignore it. I don't know what to do.
    No... Come on, it's just a picture. There's nothing wrong with appreciating other peoples beauty. Just because you guys are going out now, doesn't mean that he will suddenly stop finding others attractive. I like peoples half nudes all the time and it doesn't bother my boyfriend. You are overthinking it.

You're overreacting tbh, all he did was like a picture. What do you find he did wrong? Do you think that that girl is somewhat better than you, and your boyfriend liking her picture makes you feel inadequate. You need to have more self love and less paranoia, imo. No offence.

ReputationRep:
    It's just picture. You're not, so he can't just tap a like button to show he likes what you look like, and I'm sure if you posted a picture he would like it.

If he's not off with you at all but just happens to like the occasional picture, then let him be. Guys are guys, cmon we're always gunna like a cheeky pic.

You never know, it might have been a misclick as well.

ReputationRep:

Just say " LISTEN B1TCH STOP LIKING THESE PICTURES ITS MAKING ME FEEL BAD ABOUT MY TITS AND BODY, JUST FCKING STOP" but that would probably end the relationship but hey worth a shot.

like another guys pics on instagram, some shirtless dude like jeff seid :lol:

ppl are being insensitive

ReputationRep:
    If he worships your body chances are he's more than happy with the way you look. Ain't nothing wrong with liking other body shapes too! He's just liking a picture, don't worry. He probably stopped thinking about it after he liked it, and continued to scroll down.

ReputationRep:
    What sort of other pictures does he like? If he's liking holiday snaps from his friends then that's okay (and if you see it that way you might feel better too), but if he's only doing the bikini pics then that's disrespectful to you at the very least.

ReputationRep:

I confiscated my girlfriend's internet access the last time she 'liked' a tweet by peerless literary comedian and satirist Stewart Lee; so for what it's worth, I empathise.

ReputationRep:
    drop dat wasteman

ReputationRep:
    Meh... if my GF didn't let me appreciate aesthetic pictures of women we'd have problems, if they're sexual images I can understand but hey if a girl looks good in a bikini she cant help it, maybe you just go and like the pic as well? You seem to be fond of her body/the picture too

ReputationRep:
    I would talk to him. I'd have no problem with my boyfriend liking pictures of female friends in bikinis if they were, for example holiday snaps on the beach/with friends/having an ice cream etc. I would have a problem with him liking pictures of girls which were clearly only taken to show off their body in skimpy outfits - as you said I think that just looks a bit disrespectful to you as a girlfriend for him to liking pictures of girls which are clearly intended to be a bit sexy.

ReputationRep:
    Stop whinging over you bf appreciating the beauty of another woman.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 25, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.