Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Physical attraction Watch

Announcements
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Have you ever been really attracted to someone but after a while, be it days, months or years you started to find them repulsive looking instead?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shameful_burrito)
    Have you ever been really attracted to someone but after a while, be it days, months or years you started to find them repulsive looking instead?
    wouldn't say repulsive, but I find my taste in girls changes over time as I get more exposure to different types of 'em. i'd loom back at some of the people I thought were hot af a few years ago and think to myself 'were you high? they look average'.

ReputationRep:
    No, just realised I either hadn't been really attracted to them or had found someone better lol
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princepieman)
    wouldn't say repulsive, but I find my taste in girls changes over time as I get more exposure to different types of 'em. i'd loom back at some of the people I thought were hot af a few years ago and think to myself 'were you high? they look average'.
    Maybe it's cause you got really used to their faces
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Batgirl98)
    or had found someone better lol
    Savage😂

ReputationRep:
    Savage😂
    lmao I'm serious tho...as in the physical attraction to my crush was overridden when I met someone else who I actually talked to and liked better as a result 😂 😂

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Batgirl98)
    No, just realised I either hadn't been really attracted to them or had found someone better lol
    I agree with above statement. Met some good looking people but realised they have a sh*t personality.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qasim_96)
    I agree with above statement. Met some good looking people but realised they have a sh*t personality.
    Yeah true that. But from my original post I meant let's say you find someone good looking and they have a great personality. But after a while you lose your attraction to them and even kinda find them ugly looking, if that makes sense😂😂
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Yeah. I find when I date average guys on the other hand, they get more appealing and better looking.

If that makes sense

ReputationRep:
    Yeah true that. But from my original post I meant let's say you find someone good looking and they have a great personality. But after a while you lose your attraction to them and even kinda find them ugly looking, if that makes sense😂😂
    I can see where you're coming from. I've had that. I think you just learn to move on from people after a while which results in you having a different opinion about them.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by butfirst_coffee)
    Yeah. I find when I date average guys on the other hand, they get more appealing and better looking.

If that makes sense
    Makes total sense. A hot guy looks nearly perfect, but you'll slowly start to see their flaws over time that's why. With the average guy you saw the flaws in the first place but you're slowly growing to like them
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I feel it's the opposite really.

ReputationRep:
    I realise I'm attracted to a girl when she starts seeing another guy, or stops making all the effort with me/stops being thirsty.

Yes, I am a ****.

ReputationRep:
    I can't think of anyone who I would say looks what I would call repulsive off the top of my head, of any gender. As for people I have found really attractive, none of them have I subsequently found even unpleasant looking.

ReputationRep:
    I was.

Then 10 days later all the stuffings fell out and they started to smell really bad. Couldn't eat them anymore as they just became too repulsive.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 24, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.