Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Rebooking my driving test! Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone,

So. I took my first driving test today and was an absolute wreck - I thought I'd failed from the get go because I was so jerky..

Anyway, it turns out that I would've passed. I got five minors and did everything well, despite overthinking a roundabout and coming off on the wrong exit! I did it safely though so it didn't cause any problems for other road users. I failed for..

Speeding.

Yep. Speeding. Doing 40 in a 30 zone because there were no speed reminder signs. I saw a small 40 marker in the distance, not realising it was the start of the zone.. I was so nervous about failing that I genuinely thought I'd fail for going too slow.

Anyway, in a weird way it's given me a boost to say I can do this, that I can pass my driving test. If it wasn't for such a silly mistake, I'd of passed! I've rebooked my test for the 15th of September as it's the earliest I can get. However, I work in a school and it'll be the second week back after the summer hols. Does anyone know what the rules are for taking your driving test during work time? I've emailed but they're not likely to get back to me until the first day back..

Thanks in advance!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.