Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Honour killings in 21st century Britain??? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarahsez)
    And there was me thinking that the UK was located in Northern Europe.
    I was informing you that honor murders happen though out the world in different cultures and religions including the UK .

ReputationRep:
    People like you must support such disgusting practices.
    not really tbh.

people like you who constantly make threads on tsr about islam/judaism/israel/honour killings clearly have copious sums of time on their hands and must be incredibly boring at social gatherings e.g parties.

ReputationRep:
    Something to be tackled together.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hamzakalinle)
    not really tbh.

people like you who constantly make threads on tsr about islam/judaism/israel/honour killings clearly have copious sums of time on their hands and must be incredibly boring at social gatherings e.g parties.
    I'm the life and soul of the party.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    It's rather disgusting and I agree with you. I've always made the case for feminism here on TSR and honour killings are a prime example as to why it's needed because of religions/cultures that foster negative attitudes towards women. What I don't particularly like however is that offhand snide 'Multiculturalism at its best' which doesn't seem to have any constructive basis whatsoever but rather an ill-informed attempt to insult.

ReputationRep:
    I'm the life and soul of the party.
    cool

ReputationRep:
    This is the United Kingdom that the left want. A place where Islamists are allowed to carry out their barbaric practices without facing any criticism whatsoever.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Conceited)
    It's rather disgusting and I agree with you. I've always made the case for feminism here on TSR and honour killings are a prime example as to why it's needed because of religions/cultures that foster negative attitudes towards women. What I don't particularly like however is that offhand snide 'Multiculturalism at its best' which doesn't seem to have any constructive basis whatsoever but rather an ill-informed attempt to insult.

The day a British father in modern Britain plans to kill and torture his own daughter, conspiring with the girls mother, older brother, uncles and cousins(who in many cases ends up raping her with her own father knowing very well- your own family how disgusting and they talk about 'honour' ) just because she 'dishonoured' the family by dating someone that they didn't approve of, is the day I'd agree with you on the last bit. This is not a spur of the moment crime of passion. Usually it involves the entire extended family and members of the community that know what happened but choose to keep quiet about it and in some instances, even encourage it.

It involves lots of planning e.g. Persuading the girl to go back home by lying to her that the dad suffered an heart attack etc.

ReputationRep:
    these people need to piss off out of the country why is nothing being done
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    The day a British father in modern Britain plans to kill and torture his own daughter, conspiring with the girls mother, older brother, uncles and cousins(who in many cases ends up raping her with her own father knowing very well- your own family how disgusting and they talk about 'honour' ) just because she 'dishonoured' the family by dating someone that they didn't approve of, is the day I'd agree with you on the last bit. This is not a spur of the moment crime of passion. Usually it involves the entire extended family and members of the community that know what happened but choose to keep quiet about it and in some instances, even encourage it.
    I'm already well aware of the barbaric practice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dot.Cotton)
    This is the United Kingdom that the left want. A place where Islamists are allowed to carry out their barbaric practices without facing any criticism whatsoever.
    TBF honour killings are cultural too. The case in the OP the girl was dating another Muslim guy.

ReputationRep:
    Raped first and then murdered.

Did her dad/parents really request that for their daughter?? Shes shaming us, please murder her but remember to rape her first? Gosh, how f-cked up can some people get?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Allie4)
    Raped first and then murdered.

Did her dad/parents really request that for their daughter?? Shes shaming us, please murder her but remember to rape her first? Gosh, how f-cked up can some people get?!
    Tbf the full details of the case in OP have not been disclosed yet. However, a few years ago there was a similar case to what I said regarding a Brit Pakistani girl. The girls cousin raped and murdered her, after he and the girls father conspired to kill her for dishonouring the family by marrying someone from a different religious sect. Truly sickening.

ReputationRep:
    it's called becoming brainwashed. simple.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Burnheal131)
    I honestly have no idea how these people are getting into the country. Immigration should've stopped them after doing a background check, which would've shown that they are uneducated and impoverished. I mean what do you expect when you allow masses of working age men from rural third world countries into the UK?

Multiculturalism only works when the immigrant has something to bring to the table. A qualified doctor from India is a great candidate, but Hamza who herds goat for a living in the mountains and stone adulters for entertainment isn't.
    Not as simple as that. Some of the more wealthy and educated Asians, which includes doctors, lawyers etc condone/promote and/or practice honour killings and have views which you'd find shocking. And you'll have those who are not as educated but are very against the practices.

You may think that perhaps being educated makes it less likely they would do such practices and acts as a good filter, but if you want to filter people, you have to look at area of upbringing, not skills or education. Some parts of countries are just known to be very old school, whether the person is a doctors or herd goats. Even then you'd get false positives and false negatives...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mashbbk)
    Not as simple as that. Some of the more wealthy and educated Asians, which includes doctors, lawyers etc condone/promote and/or practice honour killings and have views which you'd find shocking. And you'll have those who are not as educated but are very against the practices.

You may think that perhaps being educated makes it less likely they would do such practices and acts as a good filter, but if you want to filter people, you have to look at area of upbringing, not skills or education. Some parts of countries are just known to be very old school, whether the person is a doctors or herd goats. Even then you'd get false positives and false negatives...
    That is so true

I find most of these attitudes are mainly still held by immigrants from conservative background who pass it on to their children, who were born and raised in the UK.

ReputationRep:
    Don't blame the immigrants, they cannot be changed with their backwards ways.
    Irrespective of education, status or wealth, they vehemently believe in these third world practices like a white supremacist believes that nonwhites need to be eliminated or enslaved.

Blame our government for letting these folks in in the first place. We need their skills (although most are NOT highly skilled) to keep the economy running, but at what cost?

ReputationRep:
    That is so true

I find most of these attitudes are mainly still held by immigrants from conservative background who pass it on to their children, who were born and raised in the UK.
    that's why lefty whites are so shocked when they encounter minorities, and far from being the beacon of equality and progressive values they were brought up to believe, they just see intolerance and extremism that will put the British "racists" to shame.

ReputationRep:
    No offense but I don't know what the year 2017 has to do with it. Honor killings has been going on for a long time. The only difference is it's taking place in the UK and government actually gives punishment.

ReputationRep:
    If one conceives of one's children as one's property, and intimately linked to social prestige, and of females as still more like livestock, well, then, when subject to additional zealous religious doctrinal and ethno-cultural dogma, one may be inclined to take drastic steps to 'correct' perceived improper conduct. It's a medieval mindset, from a medieval religion, that still dominates rather medieval lands. If you import same: don't be surprised when things get a bit.. medieval :viking: #ClashOfCivilizations

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.