The Student Room Group

Being cheated on f**ked up my perspective on life

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Anonymous
i am incredibly confused why you got back together again and again, i would have fuked it of the first time, if not the second for sure.

Anyway, my perspective on early twenty relationships is to not expect too much from them to be honest. people change alot. noone is really seeking anything to look term, if you think about how often a relationship at the age of 21 or whatever ends up in marriage compared to one at 30 , that fact itself is more than enough to tell me not too expect much or take anything seriously. people are oftne just looking for fun, maybe a year or two, learning about themselves, not investing in you, and its not worth the time or emotional effort, sought flings or ONs :smile:

with this approach, nothing can go wrong really.
i mean you shouldn't take it all too seriously. people change alot at that age, it has nothing to do with you

I honestly don't see the point dating for the sake of it. In my experience, dating is not just any random experience; a lot of investment goes into it by way of time, feelings, effort, etc.—seems like a poor use of one's young years to invest so much for what is, in my opinion, a really poor return (eventual break up without marriage). Surely dating, past one's teenage years at least, is a trial to see if the two of you are compatible for marriage or not?
(edited 6 years ago)
For a borderline psychopathic post, it was incredibly well-written and I salute you and your use of the em-dash.

It is a horrible experience to have gone through and you do have my sympathies.
(edited 6 years ago)
TL;DR?
Reply 23
It's not a panacea, but what about attaching less value to fidelity?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending