Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello, I am thinking about getting my nose pierced. I have only ever gotten my ears pierced and all have been at Claire's. Out of the 6 holes I have gotten pierced here, one or two have become infected or swollen. I have sensitive ears and occasionally the healing process is a little longer than usual. I know they use guns for ear piercings but how do they pierce a nose? I do not want to have a risk of dirty materials or an infection. I have also heard of going to a piercer/tattooer is a good idea as well. Any ideas or tips would be extremely appreciated right now. ALSO, how long does it take for a nose piercing to heal (if you got yours done at a Claire's how long did it take to heal?)? And how long do you need to wear the same nose piercing and do you have to clean it with solution?Thank u

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sofieisabel)
    Hello, I am thinking about getting my nose pierced. I have only ever gotten my ears pierced and all have been at Claire's. Out of the 6 holes I have gotten pierced here, one or two have become infected or swollen. I have sensitive ears and occasionally the healing process is a little longer than usual. I know they use guns for ear piercings but how do they pierce a nose? I do not want to have a risk of dirty materials or an infection. I have also heard of going to a piercer/tattooer is a good idea as well. Any ideas or tips would be extremely appreciated right now. ALSO, how long does it take for a nose piercing to heal (if you got yours done at a Claire's how long did it take to heal?)? And how long do you need to wear the same nose piercing and do you have to clean it with solution?Thank u
    I don't believe Claire's do nose piercings. When you get your nose done it's with a needle rather than a gun, and I'd recommend reading reviews of a local piercers and getting it done somewhere good. My ear piercings from Claire's are crap, but I got an ear piercing with a needle and my nose done at a local place and they're great. They just recommended cleaning it as you would normally, and I didn't have any problems with it or my ear.

ReputationRep:
    I would go to a tattoo place that is where I had it done. They literally grab it and stick a large sterile needle through it. It hurts a bit more than ears. The important thing after is cleaning it. They should give you antiseptic wash and you must clean several times a day. It was my third attempt as the first two I didn,t follow advice

ReputationRep:
    Ive had my nose pierced for over a year and i strongly recommend you not to go to claires as they use guns which basically just shoot into your skin. I would definitely go to a tattoo parlour as they use a needle which pierces through the skin leaving a hole that easily allows the piercing to go through it. Healing wise mine took around 2 months to fully heal but you should be able to change the jewellery after 6 weeks. Make sure to clean it twice a day as soon as you get it done with sea salt and hot water and if you get a keloid (a small bump that forms around the piercing site) then use tea tree oil diluted with water

ReputationRep:
    Okay, so obviously not Claire's... good to know, thank you! Well, the only thing slowing my decision is what side to pierce ? How did ya'll decide what side to pierce? I am leaning towards my right side, even though in all selfies (hhaha) it's my left side I like. But for pictures of me I usually pose on the left but idk. I feel like my right would look better but I have no idea!!!

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.