The Student Room Group

Claire's Nose Piercing

Hello, I am thinking about getting my nose pierced. I have only ever gotten my ears pierced and all have been at Claire's. Out of the 6 holes I have gotten pierced here, one or two have become infected or swollen. I have sensitive ears and occasionally the healing process is a little longer than usual. I know they use guns for ear piercings but how do they pierce a nose? I do not want to have a risk of dirty materials or an infection. I have also heard of going to a piercer/tattooer is a good idea as well. Any ideas or tips would be extremely appreciated right now. ALSO, how long does it take for a nose piercing to heal (if you got yours done at a Claire's how long did it take to heal?)? And how long do you need to wear the same nose piercing and do you have to clean it with solution?Thank u
Reply 1
Original post by sofieisabel
Hello, I am thinking about getting my nose pierced. I have only ever gotten my ears pierced and all have been at Claire's. Out of the 6 holes I have gotten pierced here, one or two have become infected or swollen. I have sensitive ears and occasionally the healing process is a little longer than usual. I know they use guns for ear piercings but how do they pierce a nose? I do not want to have a risk of dirty materials or an infection. I have also heard of going to a piercer/tattooer is a good idea as well. Any ideas or tips would be extremely appreciated right now. ALSO, how long does it take for a nose piercing to heal (if you got yours done at a Claire's how long did it take to heal?)? And how long do you need to wear the same nose piercing and do you have to clean it with solution?Thank u

I don't believe Claire's do nose piercings. When you get your nose done it's with a needle rather than a gun, and I'd recommend reading reviews of a local piercers and getting it done somewhere good. My ear piercings from Claire's are crap, but I got an ear piercing with a needle and my nose done at a local place and they're great. They just recommended cleaning it as you would normally, and I didn't have any problems with it or my ear.

I would go to a tattoo place that is where I had it done. They literally grab it and stick a large sterile needle through it. It hurts a bit more than ears. The important thing after is cleaning it. They should give you antiseptic wash and you must clean several times a day. It was my third attempt as the first two I didn,t follow advice

Ive had my nose pierced for over a year and i strongly recommend you not to go to claires as they use guns which basically just shoot into your skin. I would definitely go to a tattoo parlour as they use a needle which pierces through the skin leaving a hole that easily allows the piercing to go through it. Healing wise mine took around 2 months to fully heal but you should be able to change the jewellery after 6 weeks. Make sure to clean it twice a day as soon as you get it done with sea salt and hot water and if you get a keloid (a small bump that forms around the piercing site) then use tea tree oil diluted with water
Reply 4
Okay, so obviously not Claire's... good to know, thank you! Well, the only thing slowing my decision is what side to pierce ? How did ya'll decide what side to pierce? I am leaning towards my right side, even though in all selfies (hhaha) it's my left side I like. But for pictures of me I usually pose on the left but idk. I feel like my right would look better but I have no idea!!!
Can u get ur nose pierced at Claire's ??
dont get it at claires, they have no education in how to pierce

Quick Reply

Latest