Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Game of Thrones is quite badly acted... Watch

Announcements
    • TSR Community Team
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    I know this is quite controversial but I don't get it, the acting is always really bad.
    • Community Assistant
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Captain Jack)
    I know this is quite controversial but I don't get it, the acting is always really bad.
    :headfire::mob::mob::mob::mob::motz:

Heresy!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Dunno why this show is so popular :/

ReputationRep:
    I'ma HUGE fan of GoT. But you're right, several of the actors are quite bad (eg Emilia Clarke) but it's all glossed over because of the ridiculous quality of production (i.e music, sound effects, choriography, acurate weapon handling, lighting, etc). Also, you have beautiful character development as well as the element of surprise and never really knowing whether someone is dying, there's no "plot armor". This is my humble opinion though.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Yes! I've been trying to watch it for months but it's so difficult because the acting is so terrible

ReputationRep:
    Popular shows always are tbh; Top Gear, Tracy Beaker, Friends, etc..

ReputationRep:
    I have never felt the appeal of GoT (I watched season one and a bit of season two was like "meh", I just think it is the biggest bandwagon of the past five years that everyone is hopping on.
    • Very Important Poster

OMG you guys are so edgy and topical. Even DMU started their own GOT thread because they werent getting enough attention.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    OMG you guys are so edgy and topical. Even DMU started their own GOT thread because they werent getting enough attention.
    Ugh, I know right. Opinions, huh? Who'd have 'em

ReputationRep:
    2edgy 4u m8

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by games211)
    Popular shows always are tbh; Top Gear, Tracy Beaker, Friends, etc..
    Hey, hey hey there, buddy. It is forbidden to criticise the acting of either Tracy Beaker or Friends. TopGear doesn't even have acting it's more like reality TV.
    • Very Important Poster

(Original post by chelseadagg3r)
    Ugh, I know right. Opinions, huh? Who'd have 'em
    So come up with some substance, then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HotDetermination)
    Hey, hey hey there, buddy. It is forbidden to criticise the acting of either Tracy Beaker or Friends. TopGear doesn't even have acting it's more like reality TV.
    ;p
    • TSR Community Team
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    It's like everyone from Eastenders decided to dress up in Lord of the Rings outfits.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    So come up with some substance, then.
    I miss the days when it was okay to have an opinion on something as simple as a TV show without needing to provide 'substance' to satisfy the internet :moon:
    • TSR Community Team
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Snufkin)
    :headfire::mob::mob::mob::mob::motz:

Heresy!!!!
    Runs away ... looks back to see if you're still there angry... yep... keeps running
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    I'm inclined to think otherwise. It's by no means on the level of acting of some other shows I like but written nicely and subsequently acted to a satisfying degree.
    • Very Important Poster

(Original post by chelseadagg3r)
    I miss the days when it was okay to have an opinion on something as simple as a TV show without needing to provide 'substance' to satisfy the internet :moon:
    So you dont have anything then.
    Surely your opinion must be based on something?

Same goes for Captain Jack if he wants to illuminate us on things he doesnt like and then explains why he watches it?

ReputationRep:
    it's a **** show.
    • Very Important Poster

What is it you dont get?
    If you dont like it , then why not watch something else?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.