Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

First day at the job and I got attacked Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by apeshit007)
    What size were the eggs? small medium or large?
    LMAOOO :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elforjg02)
    stfu man ur just like all of them shi*ts who place a name on arabs and brown ppl as terrorists... i'm f*ucking fed up of this **** man .. only a hating bigot like u have views like that
    Chill, if they were white I’d call it a racial attack. This post isn’t the right place to vent since the context is different, calling someone a terrorist (who fits the stereotypical image) could get them in big trouble.. and If they were a pain in the A** I wouldn’t miss the chance.

ReputationRep:
    If I were you I would have gone commando on the brat and his mum unless Primark's policy forbids you to hit ANY customers
    Ok I get the frustration of customers not having their change but assaulting the cashier is definitely taking it too far unless the cashier refused to give their change which I am pretty sure you gave the customer's change back, right?
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amiee Spear)
    no bedford
    Dang it, I thought Luton.

But on the subject of 1st day attacks, during my 1st chemistry lesson at sixth form, some drugged idiot smashed a burette on my arm (I had a minor scratch / no visible damage; his hands were bleeding and had glass shards sticking in them).

The irony is said guy ended up getting 4 As in his A levels (anda B) and a 1st in banking from 1 of the top finance unis in the UK.

ReputationRep:
    What size were the eggs? small medium or large?
    best question ever.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by quasa)
    Dang it, I thought Luton.

But on the subject of 1st day attacks, during my 1st chemistry lesson at sixth form, some drugged idiot smashed a burette on my arm (I had a minor scratch / no visible damage; his hands were bleeding and had glass shards sticking in them).

The irony is said guy ended up getting 4 As in his A levels (anda B) and a 1st in banking from 1 of the top finance unis in the UK.
    You got a burette smashed on your arm.
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    TOO FCKING JOKES

ReputationRep:
    Primark, what could you expect?
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    You got a burette smashed on your arm.
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    TOO FCKING JOKES
    in fairness I was laughing at the idiot who smashed as he was the one who was bleeding and I wasnt :lol:

ReputationRep:
    You've reported it to the police, right?

ReputationRep:
    I'm very much shocked at the complacency of replies saying "that is retail". Talk about a lay back and take it attitude...

I worked for 4 years during my degree at Tesco, and not once was I attacked in that manner. Not even close. It is not normal, nor is it acceptable for retail. It's disgraceful and should be looked into.

I imagine all of those laid back responses on here would be rather different if it was they who were egged. And this is even worse for you because you're young and it's your first job.

Being egged is humiliating, you had every right to be upset. :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amiee Spear)
    a boy came running in and threw an egg at me which hit me on the chest and he was laughing and worse what looked like his mum was with him encouraging him and laughing as well before running off.
    Sounds like a seriusly retarded pathological family. Don't give a toss about the scum.

ReputationRep:
    If I were you I would quit my job instantly if I'm being honest mate, what you experienced today was nothing, things will only get worse... If you come home upset for university or school you won't be able to study... Think about your future... Ignore your parents and what they say...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.