Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

When to start looking for an internship for my sandwich year Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I am just entering my second year of Computer Science in a few months and I had a couple of questions about placements and working. Since I have no idea what I am doing with this, some of these questions may sound silly, but still.

When should I start looking for a placement?
    How do I get access to the highest paying internships (I already have a good number of projects under my belt)?
    How much do foreign languages help when applying?
    When should I start looking for a job in my second year?

Thanks a lot
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TercioOfParma)
    Hi, I am just entering my second year of Computer Science in a few months and I had a couple of questions about placements and working. Since I have no idea what I am doing with this, some of these questions may sound silly, but still.

When should I start looking for a placement?
    How do I get access to the highest paying internships (I already have a good number of projects under my belt)?
    How much do foreign languages help when applying?
    When should I start looking for a job in my second year?

Thanks a lot
    September

You apply to them or contact recruiters directly or get a referral

not much

august-september (or convert your internship).

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princepieman)
    September

You apply to them or contact recruiters directly or get a referral

not much

august-september (or convert your internship).

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks, I think you misunderstood the 2nd question. I meant as in, what would increase my chances of getting an offer for one of them
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TercioOfParma)
    Thanks, I think you misunderstood the 2nd question. I meant as in, what would increase my chances of getting an offer for one of them
    HackerRank, LeetCode, Geek4Geek challenges and work your way through Cracking the Coding Interview. Maybe look up technical interview examples on YouTube (google has a few examples).

Super important to know algorithms and data structures cold.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.