Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

GCSE Results Day.......What do I do if my predicted grades backfire??? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    What do I do if my GCSE results dont come out as expected......will the sixth form I have applied to not accept me if I havent met their subject requirements.....or will they offer me something else....But if they dont do that what do I do????
    Confused and anxious......Help!

ReputationRep:
    If you haven't met their required standards, then yes, they will reject you. However, if you miss your offer by say, 1-2 grades, then they might be lenient. It all depends on how competitive the sixth form you've applied to is.

ReputationRep:
    I think everyone is worried about results day and if they get what they were predicted/ what they were hoping for. The funding for my further education place is reliant upon my grades so I'm also feeling a little uneasy about it! Everyone's in the same boat! Just know that even though you may feel like you made mistakes etc in the exams, no matter how much you wish you could, you can't go back and change them now. Chances are, you'll hit your predicted grades. You may do better in some than expected, but not as well in others. There's really no telling until results day. Often, sixth forms are only exceptionally strict upon the requirements for maths and English, and any necessary for your course (Eg you may be required to get a B to do A-Level History, or a 7 (A) to do Maths). They may not recommend you do that course anymore if you didnt reach the requirements due to the difficulty of A-Levels compared to GCSE, and also because they'd like you to achieve the best grades possible at A-Level/IB/BTEC - please please please don't consider it as rejection. I doubt they'd just say no you can't come here, they may let you choose some alternative courses. Say if you were planning on doing Maths A-Level and got a 6, but you are intending on getting it remarked as you were several marks off, ring your sixth form up and let them know what the situation is (most schools/colleges/sixth forms are open on results day) and they'll support you and tell you the next steps.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.