The Student Room Group

how to send something to users email on my website?

Scroll to see replies

please guys i beg i need help

@UWS @IWMTom @Aidan.reed @Whispers @Doonesbury @Paracosm
Original post by study beats

It's best for you to fill out your placeholders for email addresses and test it. It will either work or you'll receive an error to debug. If there are any bugs it's worthwhile doing this as it will assist you in the future.

To test it logon to your hosting provider and upload the files. This can be done via a web browser or an FTP client like FileZilla. For the latter you will need an address, username and password.
(edited 6 years ago)

Yeah it should work I guess, just upload it, give it a try and see what happens :smile:
Original post by Whispers
Yeah it should work I guess, just upload it, give it a try and see what happens :smile:

have you please checked if the code is correct?

Original post by Aidan.reed
It's best for you to fill out your placeholders for email addresses and test it. It will either work or you'll receive an error to debug. If there are any bugs it's worthwhile doing this as it will assist you in the future.

To test it logon to your hosting provider and upload the files. This can be done via a web browser or an FTP client like FileZilla. For the latter you will need an address, username and password.

have you please checked if the code is correct ?

Is this for your university final project again? I'm not bothering to upload, test and debug it for you, all I've done is a simple Google search to find the code, which you could have done yourself anyway, it doesn't take that much effort for you to test it yourself. Perhaps you'll learn something if you do.

Syntax checked yes. I'm not setting up an environment to test it you can do that..
Reply 46
Is this for your university final project again? I'm not bothering to upload, test and debug it for you, all I've done is a simple Google search to find the code, which you could have done yourself anyway, it doesn't take that much effort for you to test it yourself. Perhaps you'll learn something if you do.

I'm with twinkie over here, a fundamental part of learning to program is trial and error. If it doesn't work, read the error logs, learn to understand what they're telling you, and work to fix it.

Spoiler

(edited 6 years ago)

no this isnt for my final project again .

however it is for a piece of coursework
Original post by Aidan.reed
Syntax checked yes. I'm not setting up an environment to test it you can do that..

ok i will check it and get back to all of you
Original post by IWMTom
I'm with twinkie over here, a fundamental part of learning to program is trial and error. If it doesn't work, read the error logs, learn to understand what they're telling you, and work to fix it.

Spoiler

WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE CALLING ME TWINKIE?!?!?!?!

Spoiler

Reply 50
WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE CALLING ME TWINKIE?!?!?!?!

Spoiler

It's a compliment, I promise!!
Original post by IWMTom
It's a compliment, I promise!!

Why, thank you :biggrin: To be called a twink at the age of 25, I am flattered :P
Reply 52
Why, thank you :biggrin: To be called a twink at the age of 25, I am flattered :P

To be fair, your photo is so horribly compressed it's impossible to tell, I'm just basing it off of another blonde guy I know with a similar hairstyle, who also happens to me gay :laugh:

Quick Reply

Latest