Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Work Experience watch

    • Thread Starter

    Where should I do work experience if I want to study Medicine in Uni?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Lamia123)
    Where should I do work experience if I want to study Medicine in Uni?
    You could ask at the local surgery if there is anything you could do, or maybe a pharmacy or dentist? Basically anything to do with the medical profession would help you put something on your CV. It may also just be worth it for the networking opportunities and you may find that a particular path interests you most.

    Have you applied to do work experience anywhere as of yet?

    Look at some university requirements for what they specifically look for. Common work ec includes hospital, GP, surgery volunteering at a care home or school etc. The hospitals may be difficult to get in to so make sure you apply early if this is the case, and perhaps a few if you can. Not only does work ec look good it also builds knowledge that will help for interviews. Good luck!
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

Study tools


Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.


Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.


Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.


Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.