The Student Room Group

Have you downloaded TSR's new app yet?

Get ye to the apple or google play store and let us know what you think... :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Yeah it's alright.
Yeah, not the greatest at the moment.

More features coming tomorrow apparently.
It's looking decent so far, but I wasn't able to do mentioning or tagging, or am I just missing something.
Original post by AryanGh
It's looking decent so far, but I wasn't able to do mentioning or tagging, or am I just missing something.

That's coming in the next few weeks
Got it but missing some parts. Not sure maybe i just don't know how to use it lol
Original post by JordLndr
Yeah, not the greatest at the moment.

More features coming tomorrow apparently.

Not tomorrow, but over the coming weeks. What are you missing?
Original post by ChrisN
Not tomorrow, but over the coming weeks. What are you missing?

It was just the small features, like seeing rep next to comments etc..
its smoother than the browser on my phone so I'm happy :smile:
It was just the small features, like seeing rep next to comments etc..

Yup those sort of things are coming soon. Glad it's nothing major.

I know I'm meant to be proud of it, but I do find it really easy to use and spending much more time in it.
Original post by BTAnonymous
its smoother than the browser on my phone so I'm happy :smile:

Good :smile:
Original post by ChrisN
Yup those sort of things are coming soon. Glad it's nothing major.

I know I'm meant to be proud of it, but I do find it really easy to use and spending much more time in it.

I must say it's quicker than using the site. Will definitely be a great app once everything's set up.
I must say it's quicker than using the site. Will definitely be a great app once everything's set up.

Good to hear
Yep :biggrin:
Reply 14
It looks pretty, but as said in the beta testing, it's just not really usable.

The new app just doesn't have the screen space. You can barely see a couple of posts at one time meaning to find an interesting one you have to be constantly scrolling.

Then there is also no indication for which posts you have already looked at. I'm on tsr enough that in forums I check most, I have looked at majority of the recent posts and on the app I can't see which ones they are. It's just worth looking for new ones using the app as you end up looking at all the ones you've already checked.

The only things that are improvements from the old app, to me personally, is that it looks pretty and that you can actually read and answer PM's. Although I would still prefer having a night mode.
yep! made sure to enter all my credit card details when prompted. what time does my "super deluxe TSR membership" go active? i was pretty reluctant to dish out that £350.
Original post by Devify
It looks pretty, but as said in the beta testing, it's just not really usable.

The new app just doesn't have the screen space. You can barely see a couple of posts at one time meaning to find an interesting one you have to be constantly scrolling.

Then there is also no indication for which posts you have already looked at. I'm on tsr enough that in forums I check most, I have looked at majority of the recent posts and on the app I can't see which ones they are. It's just worth looking for new ones using the app as you end up looking at all the ones you've already checked.

The only things that are improvements from the old app, to me personally, is that it looks pretty and that you can actually read and answer PM's. Although I would still prefer having a night mode.

Thanks for all your ideas. What phone are you on?

There are lots of things to add over time, but at least now it is our own code and we can only move forward. The old one was provided by a third party, who then stopped supporting our version, so we have had to start completely from scratch, which has been a long haul.
Original post by cloudyeyes
yep! made sure to enter all my credit card details when prompted. what time does my "super deluxe TSR membership" go active? i was pretty reluctant to dish out that £350.

You got a bargain. Should have been £3,500!

Of course it is free to one and all!
Reply 18
Original post by ChrisN
Thanks for all your ideas. What phone are you on?

There are lots of things to add over time, but at least now it is our own code and we can only move forward. The old one was provided by a third party, who then stopped supporting our version, so we have had to start completely from scratch, which has been a long haul.

It's android, motorola Moto Z

It does have potential but to me it feels like the design was created by concentrating on the looks rather than usability and efficiency for the constant user. Some more time and work on it and I might use it for more than checking my messages.
Not keen on it

Quick Reply

Latest