Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Werewolves of TSR - Round 6 Recruitment Thread Watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: Who would you like to elect as the TWoTSR Round 6 village Sheriff?
    ThatsAGoodOne349
    6.67%
    ClearSky
    0%
    laurawatt
    13.33%
    cemsimon
    73.33%
    LifeIsFine
    6.67%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Labrador99)
    ANNOUNCEMENT:
    It is with sincere regret that I inform everyone that Airmed has been forced to withdraw from TWoTSR- it's a bit of a long story, but be assured that there is nothing to worry about and that there is nothing wrong with her or anything like that. It is entirely game related, but I do not want to give you all the story as it may have adverse impacts on the way some players are viewed (in terms of roles). I have asked Airmed not to give the reason to people either, but I will let everyone know at the end of the game to prevent such an occurrence happening in future.
    Boss_Rhythm will be taking her place as a player and some roles have been shuffled. Please do not read into this as meaning anything- it doesn't.

CheeseIsVeg
    04MR17
    Paracosm
    Michiyo
    F055il215
    Kholmes1
    cemsimon
    MollsH
    DreamlinerFinder
    LifeIsFine
    Kindred
    ClearSky
    ThatsAGoodOne349
    shadowdweller
    Kraggor
    laurawatt
    Teehee

ReputationRep:
    Michiyo How do I add a poll to this thread? Or do I need to make a new thread for the election?

ReputationRep:
    Hi. All of the spaces are now taken for this round. Also, you would need to have some level of availability throughout the week too, as the rules stipulate you must be active to play, and a period of 24 hours of inactivity is enough to get you removed from the game. That doesn't mean you need to be available for hours on end, but it is important that players are active. If you think you could be active enough, I could add you to the waiting list?
    Hmm, that being the case, I might have to wait until next round... can I sign up for next week's round?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Michiyo How do I add a poll to this thread? Or do I need to make a new thread for the election?
    at the top there are tools for the thread
    you should be able to add a poll to it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Treblebee)
    Hmm, that being the case, I might have to wait until next round... can I sign up for next week's round?
    cemsimon is the next host, but this round will probably last for 2-3 weeks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CheeseIsVeg)
    at the top there are tools for the thread
    you should be able to add a poll to it

Thanks Cheese
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, I was having trouble with my laptop since it has no battery again :sad:
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    ANNOUNCEMENT:
    It is with sincere regret that I inform everyone that Airmed has been forced to withdraw from TWoTSR- it's a bit of a long story, but be assured that there is nothing to worry about and that there is nothing wrong with her or anything like that. It is entirely game related, but I do not want to give you all the story as it may have adverse impacts on the way some players are viewed (in terms of roles). I have asked Airmed not to give the reason to people either, but I will let everyone know at the end of the game to prevent such an occurrence happening in future.
    Boss_Rhythm will be taking her place as a player and some roles have been shuffled. Please do not read into this as meaning anything- it doesn't.
    Noooo, not my cup :cry2:

I suspect I know why she was removed from the game, but I will keep my mouth shut. :shh:

ReputationRep:
    APPLICATIONS FOR THE POSITION OF SHERIFF ARE NOW CLOSED
    Your candidates are (in order of manifesto submission):
    ThatsAGoodOne349
    ClearSky
    laurawatt
    cemsimon
    LifeIsFine
    Good luck everyone! :party:

The poll will follow shortly and will remain open for 24 hours. Candidates may not vote for themselves.
    The manifestos are quoted below (in order of submission) for your convenience:
    ThatsAGoodOne349's Manifesto:
    (Original post by ThatsAGoodOne349)
    I would like to stake my part in this Sheriff Election for Sheriff VI. I will be truthful with you all, this being within the extent of the rulebook, if course...

I want to make Werewood a better place for all, and IKEA is just one of the things that our predecessors left for us to build upon, which I intend to do along the way, alive or dead.
    I hope this is enough for your vote in the Election.
    #ThatsAGoodOneForSheriffVI
    Long Live Werewood!

ClearSky's Manifesto:

(Original post by ClearSky)

My 'manifesto' (which will most likely be unsuccessful)
    :party:

I request that all you nice TSRians vote for me to be the sheriff as I promise I will do my best to save the villagers :angel:

Ugh.... I'm not a very creative person so basically, please vote for me and I will rep you as a thank-you (if that's TSR-legal )
    Tag me after you vote and I'll rep the post :lovehug:

Tags:
    Spoiler:
    Show

@CheeseIsVeg
    @04MR17
    @Paracosm
    @F055il215
    @Kholmes1
    @cemsimon
    @MollsH
    @Dreamliner
    @Airmed
    @LifeIsFine
    @Kindred
    @ThatsAGoodOne349
    @shadowdweller
    @Kraggor
    @laurawatt

I have a horrible feeling that this isn't going to work, but it's better than nothing, I guess :hide:

Thanks in advance :grouphugs:

laurawatt's Manifesto:

(Original post by laurawatt)
    Hello and welcome to my Sheriff Manifesto!
    Greetings friends, this is my third time ( I think! ) of running for sheriff - but unlike the previous two games I have played, i am experienced enough to help lead the game
    If you elect me as your sheriff, I promise to bring peace, freedom, justice and security. As sheriff, I will respect your opinion, listen to the people, be honest, and do everything in my power to protect you and to make this village safe again. A vote for me is a vote against the werewolves and for the safety and freedom of our people.
    Also I will bake cakes for the village and I will organise town fairs and game days (and Doctor Who marathons!) for anyone who wants them (And outings to the local IKEA)

Thank you for your time and I hope you have a great day!!
    Ps. Vote for me
    Spoiler:
    Show

:flower2: :flower2: :flower2: :flower2: :flower2: :flower2: :flower2: :flower2: :flower2: :flower2: :flower2: :flower2: :flower2: :flower2: :flower2: :flower2: :flower2: :flower2: :flower2: (19 happy smiling faces to represent each of us - including our fabulous host @Labrador99)

cemsimon's Manifesto:

(Original post by cemsimon)

Hello, citizens of Werewood!

I would like to formally run as Sheriff of this charming village, without further ado, here is what I plan to do:

ENVIRONMENT

The environment surrounds us and has an impact on the village, therefore I, cemsimon, will do my best to protect it.

• Ban all neonicotinoid pesticides as these severely affect all living things and have negative impacts on health
    • Subsidise environmentally friendly appliances to promote their presence within each household such as but not limited to: showerheads, dishwashers, rainwater collecting system, etc.
    • Establish an efficient recycling system in the village

CULTURE, SOCIAL AND LEISURE

The cultural and social interactions of a village are important, this is why I intend to promote these things as well as public leisure to keep everyone as happy as they, you, should be.
    • Entertain weekly public councils where villagers can discuss their concerns about their daily lives (yes the wolves, I will address this under "Security" and suggest their ideas to improve the village
    • Offer a range of activities on a weekly basis. These can include activities such as, but not limited to: football, rugby, horse riding, painting, writing sessions, theatre group, etc. Essentially, whatever your heart desires and no required level of experience is required, you could join in when you want even if you have a lot or no experience!
    • Host seminars which promote the rights of ALL individuals
    • Organize weekly social events such as, but not limited to: dances, barbeques, sporting events, IKEA outings etc.
    • Free wifi throughout the village
    • Free access to whatever channel you wish
    • As Sheriff, I will listen and respect everyone's opinion equally before making any decisions in order for it to be "fair play" and "fair treatment", especially when it comes to a vote.
    Now for the important thing,

SECURITY
    The security of Werewood is my utmost priority, especially with the threat of Werewolves lurking amongst us. I will do my very very best to make sure you are all protected with these measures.

• Install silver alloy gates around houses for all individuals wishing to have one
    • Grantee the installation of an alarm system in all 18 houses of individuals which have motion detectors as well as fire alarms and panic buttons which are all connected to the sheriff's building for the fastest response
    • Prioritise the installation of security cameras in public locations such as but not limited to: streets, outside establishments that serve as a public meeting place, shops, etc.
    With that, I conclude my manifesto, because:

What cemsimon says, cemsimon does!

Good luck to all other candidates, and a big thank you for your kind attention.

LifeIsFine's Manifesto:

(Original post by LifeIsFine)
    I know I may only be here until the 31st... But I've decided to stand for sheriff anyway!

CheeseIsVeg
    04MR17
    Paracosm
    Michiyo
    F055il215
    Kholmes1
    MollsH
    DreamlinerFinder
    Boss_Rhythm
    Kindred
    shadowdweller
    Kraggor

(Original post by (づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ)

ReputationRep:
    Apologies for the formatting of the above post- it is a bit of a mess, but when I tried to edit, half of the post content wasn't there and I don't want to risk losing half of it!
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Well, last round, upon death as Hunter, I managed to turn and shoot a wolf clean dead (or whatever Round 5 Host tastefully wrote)
    is that worthy?
    Of course!- probably better than me actually
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Of course!- probably better than me actually
    that's what I thought...
    good luck
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    that's what I thought...
    good luck
    You too
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    You too
    Thanks ♡

ReputationRep:
    Good luck everyone!
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Hello! :hi:

These are my thoughts on the candidates' manifestos. Tagging everyone because this post also includes my suspicions so far (I have two people on my 'possible Werewolf' list already! :ahee: ) and I would like people to keep them in mind when voting for the Sheriff, who will lead us and who could win this for us if left alone with a Werewolf.

x
    I apologise for this, but you lost my vote for various reasons. Please do not take offence as this is just my current assessment.

We need a Sheriff who can tell the difference between truth and lies and who is innocent or not. You claim to have the detective skills to lead the village (and this ability by extension), but you could not tell a genuine accident from a suspicious Werewolf's words. :erm: (I can understand keeping me under watch for that, but not using it as a argument in your manifesto as if you are correct, especially because you are not.) As such, this means it is likely you might not be able to tell the difference between who is innocent and who is not, which concerns me and could prove catastrophic for the village. Accusing someone and being wrong when you only have one vote is not that bad, but doing that when you are the Sheriff, our leader, could result in the village's loss.

Also, the fact that you were so hasty to accuse me for a genuine accident and kept on suspecting me even after I explained myself is suspicious and sounds like you are desperate to lynch some innocents, which is what a Werewolf would do and be like. My explanation was perfectly understandable, given the amount of times I have complained about being tired and work this week (many of these times were in front of our fellow Round Six players) and all the ToS games we have played (which contained several of this round's players, including yourself), yet you still treat it as suspicious. These facts lead me to believe you are too quick to accuse people with no solid proof in order to be the Sheriff and that you might be a Werewolf (and boy, do I not want a Werewolf-Sheriff!).

Thus, I will not risk giving my vote for Sheriff to a potential Werewolf by voting for you.

Side note: As a Hunter, living until the end is nothing to be proud of. The Hunter's aim is to die (preferably at night) and take a Werewolf with them, not to survive until the end. A Hunter who does not die and kill anyone is as good as a plain villager and a Hunter who kills a townie is even worse. The best Hunters are not those who live, but those who die at night and take a Werewolf with them, more than once resulting in a victory for the village.

Even so, I really like how you made your manifesto a picture! :clap2: I may not vote for you and I may think you are a Werewolf, but I can appreciate the effort and nice touch of creativity that went into that! :thumbsup:

x
    I am surprised you ran for Sheriff! :eek: I did not think you had much interest in becoming one. :hide:

Unfortunately, it seems odd to me that you ran for Sheriff so quickly (almost like a Werewolf trying to get the vote by being the first one to post their manifesto) without showing any signs of interest in this role or a similar role beforehand and you agreed with LiF's incorrect and hasty accusation, so you are currently on my 'possible Werewolf' list. Thus, I will not vote for you. I might have voted for you if only I did not suspect you. :sad:

x
    Sorry, but I think the Sheriff should always be someone with previous experience in order to ensure that the Sheriff knows the game very well and can accurately determine who is lying and who is not. :console:

I might vote for you in subsequent rounds if your performance in this round is good, though! :yes:

x
    Your manifesto is super cute! :bigsmile:

However, I remember how suspicious you were last round even when you were the Witch and that you asked how the Little Girl works (even though it was your second round :erm: ). No offence, but even I would have voted to lynch you. :sadnod: Because of this, I am worried we might have a repeat of last round (with you getting lynched when you are innocent, which is even worse when you are the Sheriff) and that your grasp of the game's mechanics may not be extremely good, which is obviously not good for a Sheriff.

I recommend you work on your defence skills so you do not get lynched when you are an innocent townie again. :hugs: When that is out of the way and I am sure your grasp of the game is very good, I will be more than happy to vote for you as you seem like lovely person who would enthusiastically lead the village and who would be a 'Protostar-type' (a.k.a. amazing) Sheriff! :cute:

x
    FINALLY A GOOD CANDIDATE! :adore: Your manifesto is beautiful. It is clear that you put a lot of time and thought into it and that you truly want to lead this village to victory in the true spirit and honour of all the previous Sheriffs! :congrats: I did not follow Round Four, but I know you were one of the last Werewolves (if not the last Werewolf) and how easy it was to tell you were a townie in Round Five, which shows that you have the intelligence and tactics necessary to lead this village and that it will become obvious on whose side you are, thus meaning that we will know if you are innocent shortly. In this case, we are almost guaranteed to have a townie Sheriff who is dedicated to helping the town win. :proud:

My vote goes to the one and only cemsimon! :party:

Everyone

(Original post by shadowdweller)
    X
    (Original post by CheeseIsVeg)
    X
    (Original post by MollsH)
    X
    (Original post by Fo55il215)
    X
    (Original post by (づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ)
    X
    X
    (Original post by Kindred)
    X
    X
    X
    (Original post by Kholmes1)
    X
    X
    (Original post by Boss_Rhythm)
    X
    X
    X
    (Original post by Kraggor)
    X
    (Original post by Paracosm)
    X
    (Original post by DreamlinerFinder)
    X

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Michiyo)
    x
    That's perfectly fine

I am rather inexperienced tbh - I was just running for the sake of it :hugs: you're actually right!

ReputationRep:

These are my thoughts on the candidates' manifestos. Tagging everyone because this post also includes my suspicions so far (I have two people on my 'possible Werewolf' list already! :ahee: ) and I would like people to keep them in mind when voting for the Sheriff, who will lead us and who could win this for us if left alone with a Werewolf.

I apologise for this, but you lost my vote for various reasons. Please do not take offence as this is just my current assessment.

We need a Sheriff who can tell the difference between truth and lies and who is innocent or not. You claim to have the detective skills to lead the village (and this ability by extension), but you could not tell a genuine accident from a suspicious Werewolf's words. :erm: (I can understand keeping me under watch for that, but not using it as a argument in your manifesto as if you are correct, especially because you are not.) As such, this means it is likely you might not be able to tell the difference between who is innocent and who is not, which concerns me and could prove catastrophic for the village. Accusing someone and being wrong when you only have one vote is not that bad, but doing that when you are the Sheriff, our leader, could result in the village's loss.

Also, the fact that you were so hasty to accuse me for a genuine accident and kept on suspecting me even after I explained myself is suspicious and sounds like you are desperate to lynch some innocents, which is what a Werewolf would do and be like. My explanation was perfectly understandable, given the amount of times I have complained about being tired and work this week (many of these times were in front of our fellow Round Six players) and all the ToS games we have played (which contained several of this round's players, including yourself), yet you still treat it as suspicious. These facts lead me to believe you are too quick to accuse people with no solid proof in order to be the Sheriff and that you might be a Werewolf (and boy, do I not want a Werewolf-Sheriff!).

Thus, I will not risk giving my vote for Sheriff to a potential Werewolf by voting for you.

Side note: As a Hunter, living until the end is nothing to be proud of. The Hunter's aim is to die (preferably at night) and take a Werewolf with them, not to survive until the end. A Hunter who does not die and kill anyone is as good as a plain villager and a Hunter who kills a townie is even worse. The best Hunters are not those who live, but those who die at night and take a Werewolf with them, more than once resulting in a victory for the village.

Even so, I really like how you made your manifesto a picture! :clap2: I may not vote for you and I may think you are a Werewolf, but I can appreciate the effort and nice touch of creativity that went into that! :thumbsup:

I am surprised you ran for Sheriff! :eek: I did not think you had much interest in becoming one. :hide:

Unfortunately, it seems odd to me that you ran for Sheriff so quickly (almost like a Werewolf trying to get the vote by being the first one to post their manifesto) without showing any signs of interest in this role or a similar role beforehand and you agreed with LiF's incorrect and hasty accusation, so you are currently on my 'possible Werewolf' list. Thus, I will not vote for you. I might have voted for you if only I did not suspect you. :sad:

Sorry, but I think the Sheriff should always be someone with previous experience in order to ensure that the Sheriff knows the game very well and can accurately determine who is lying and who is not. :console:

I might vote for you in subsequent rounds if your performance in this round is good, though! :yes:

Your manifesto is super cute! :bigsmile:

However, I remember how suspicious you were last round even when you were the Witch and that you asked how the Little Girl works (even though it was your second round :erm: ). No offence, but even I would have voted to lynch you. :sadnod: Because of this, I am worried we might have a repeat of last round (with you getting lynched when you are innocent, which is even worse when you are the Sheriff) and that your grasp of the game's mechanics may not be extremely good, which is obviously not good for a Sheriff.

I recommend you work on your defence skills so you do not get lynched when you are an innocent townie again. :hugs: When that is out of the way and I am sure your grasp of the game is very good, I will be more than happy to vote for you as you seem like lovely person who would enthusiastically lead the village and who would be a 'Protostar-type' (a.k.a. amazing) Sheriff! :cute:

FINALLY A GOOD CANDIDATE! :adore: Your manifesto is beautiful. It is clear that you put a lot of time and thought into it and that you truly want to lead this village to victory in the true spirit and honour of all the previous Sheriffs! :congrats: I did not follow Round Four, but I know you were one of the last Werewolves (if not the last Werewolf) and how easy it was to tell you were a townie in Round Five, which shows that you have the intelligence and tactics necessary to lead this village and that it will become obvious on whose side you are, thus meaning that we will know if you are innocent shortly. In this case, we are almost guaranteed to have a townie Sheriff who is dedicated to helping the town win. :proud:

My vote goes to the one and only cemsimon! :party:

Everyone

A very interesting analysis there from Michiyo and I'm sure there will be a few people with something to say about it. Of course, I cannot possibly comment any further on how accurate or inaccurate it is- you will all have to figure that one out for yourselves!
    you truly want to lead this village to victory in the true spirit and honour of all the previous Sheriffs! :congrats:
    All? Even me?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:

Thanks for your reasoning Michiyo! I agreed with your final choice of candidate in the end anyway, but I'd like to respond to some of what you've said.

Well I'll say that I am innocent and no werewolf- I knew you made a mistake and didn't take it seriously (as in I never suspected you after you replied). I mentioned it in the manifesto more to show that I pay attention to detail (detective skills). Sadly, this is the main reason you didn't vote for me but I'll make sure to try and be more explicit in what I am thinking.

As for the hunter, yes I agree wholeheartedly. I said to that's a good one that their achievement as a hunter (killing a werewolf after dying at night) was as you say, better than my survival.

Thanks again

ReputationRep:
    Well, last round, upon death as Hunter, I managed to turn and shoot a wolf clean dead (or whatever Round 5 Host tastefully wrote)
    is that worthy?
    Just use your avatar/profile pic magical rainbow to hypnotise us humble villagers into voting for you

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Break up or unrequited love?
    Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Forum Games Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.