Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Werewolves of TSR - Round 6 Recruitment Thread Watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: Who would you like to elect as the TWoTSR Round 6 village Sheriff?
    ThatsAGoodOne349
    6.67%
    ClearSky
    0%
    laurawatt
    13.33%
    cemsimon
    73.33%
    LifeIsFine
    6.67%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cemsimon)

P.S. In other words, can I join please?
    (Original post by MollsH)
    I'm in ☺️
    I've added you both to the list- please read post 5 which explains how recruitment works and familiarise yourself with how the game works

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DreamlinerFinder)
    I'm in

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi Dreamliner I've added you to the list- please read post 5 which explains how the recruitment process will work this round
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    I'm in :awesome: A revived Airmed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Airmed)
    I'm in :awesome: A revived Airmed.
    Hi Airmed I've added your name to the list- please see post 5 which explains how recruitment will work this round

ReputationRep:
    Name:  Map.png
Views: 15
Size:  326.4 KB
    We have a village map!

ReputationRep:
    IKEAPanda37 look at the map ^^^
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Oh dear, I forgot to post my grand comeback! Here it is

Note: The format probably messed up; the second person's lines are all meant to be aligned to the left, but it seems that does not show up. :ashamed2: Everything below is not to be taken seriously. I wanted to make a grand entrance and this is the result. :yep:

I can’t wait to play! I have been waiting for a spot since last round!

I can’t wait either. The Werewolves of TSR is always awesome.

I know, right? I love everything about it!
    The roles, the debates, the teamwork, the long narration posts –

Ah, I remember all the way back to Round One when the host’s posts were very succinct rather than a full-blown story, when there was no Narrator’s Perspective...

The story narration and Narrator’s Perspective
    were NOT a thing from the beginning?

The player who started an entire trend?

In Round One, in parallel to the host’s short post, the player who replaced the Fortune Teller on Night One randomly decided to write everything in story form from her perspective. This idea turned out to be popular, and at the end of the round, three other people wrote a chapter of their own.

I see. Since people liked the idea of a long fanfic of the game,
    it became a custom for the host to write the night and day posts like that,
    I take it?

A former host.
    (With a sense of humour! )

Not exactly; that player had agreed to be Round Two’s host from before Round One even started.

Let me guess, she kept up the story format
    and the subsequent hosts followed suit?

Correct. She wrote the Narrator’s Perspective when she ended Round Two. The next hosts followed the story format and wrote their own Narrator’s Perspective.

Why did they do that, though?

Anyone can write and a bit of a story makes the game more interesting, so I suppose that is why the idea kind of stuck.

Wow. She must have been a good host.

She was not that good, but she was not the worst. She did do one funny thing, however: the #LynchTheHost campaign. She put herself in the poll and encouraged people to lynch her. She got lynched in her own game, but of course she revived herself.

A player recognised as a smart and skilled threat?

Oh, I know who you are talking about! You are talking about the only player
    who ever got three full, non-shared Sheriff’s Awards, right? The one who, in Round One,
    got the awards for Best Werewolf Hunter, Outstanding Bravery,
    and the Sheriff’s Medal of Honour, and who found half the Werewolves on her own.
    Even the Sheriff of Round One and host of Round Four acknowledged her
    to have set the bar for Fortune Tellers pretty high!

Unmatched, unparalleled, unbeatable. :dumbells:

Yes, that’s her. It seems no other Fortune Teller was able to reach her level after that.

A former Sheriff.

So she went from most decorated player to host. Nice.

She was the Sheriff of Round Three, as well.

She must be amazing, then!

For the most part, yes. She is not drama-free, however.

What do you mean?

One of the biggest rule-changers and rule-makers in the history of the game? :zomg:

In Round One, she posted a screenshot of a message from the host with the role of ‘villager’ which created a lot of backlash. That screenshot was a joke agreed upon with the host that she edited in MS Paint, but it became the reason why no one is allowed to claim any role nowadays, a rule that was ironically imposed by this player herself when she became host in Round Two. She is basically a reason why only small alliances are allowed nowadays too.

Why?

A talented alliance-maker.

In Round One, she created The Grand Anti-Werewolf Alliance of TSR, which was literally an alliance with everyone besides the two Werewolves and the Sheriff in it. She used mass PMs to talk to them.

An alliance with almost everyone in it and mass PMs?!
    Aren’t these things against the rules?

They weren’t back then.

She is back, now with more determination and creativity than ever! :dance:
    Wait, who is that?

It’s her.

THE WOMAN
    She’s dangerous.

What should I do, then?

THE MYTH
    Either you ally yourself with her…

THE LEGEND
    …or you KILL her.

MICHIYO!
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    I'm in
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Michiyo)

Note: The format probably messed up; the second person's lines are all meant to be aligned to the left, but it seems that does not show up. :ashamed2: Everything below is not to be taken seriously. I wanted to make a grand entrance and this is the result. :yep:

Ah, I remember all the way back to Round One when the host’s posts were very succinct rather than a full-blown story, when there was no Narrator’s Perspective...

In Round One, in parallel to the host’s short post, the player who replaced the Fortune Teller on Night One randomly decided to write everything in story form from her perspective. This idea turned out to be popular, and at the end of the round, three other people wrote a chapter of their own.

I take it?

A former host.

Not exactly; that player had agreed to be Round Two’s host from before Round One even started.

Correct. She wrote the Narrator’s Perspective when she ended Round Two. The next hosts followed the story format and wrote their own Narrator’s Perspective.

Anyone can write and a bit of a story makes the game more interesting, so I suppose that is why the idea kind of stuck.

She was not that good, but she was not the worst. She did do one funny thing, however: the #LynchTheHost campaign. She put herself in the poll and encouraged people to lynch her. She got lynched in her own game, but of course she revived herself.

who ever got three full, non-shared Sheriff’s Awards, right? The one who, in Round One,
    and the Sheriff’s Medal of Honour, and who found half the Werewolves on her own.

Yes, that’s her. It seems no other Fortune Teller was able to reach her level after that.

A former Sheriff.

What do you mean?

One of the biggest rule-changers and rule-makers in the history of the game? :zomg:

In Round One, she posted a screenshot of a message from the host with the role of ‘villager’ which created a lot of backlash. That screenshot was a joke agreed upon with the host that she edited in MS Paint, but it became the reason why no one is allowed to claim any role nowadays, a rule that was ironically imposed by this player herself when she became host in Round Two. She is basically a reason why only small alliances are allowed nowadays too.

Why?

In Round One, she created The Grand Anti-Werewolf Alliance of TSR, which was literally an alliance with everyone besides the two Werewolves and the Sheriff in it. She used mass PMs to talk to them.

They weren’t back then.

Wait, who is that?

It’s her.

THE WOMAN

She’s dangerous.

What should I do, then?

THE MYTH

THE LEGEND

…or you KILL her.

MICHIYO!

ilysm :toofunny: :love:

ReputationRep:
    X
    PRSOM
    Well, you did say it would be big and grand
    Are we going to find out your plans for the future now, or do we still need to endure the suspense???
    (Original post by LifeIsFine)
    I'm in
    Hi LifeIsFine I've added you to the list Please read post 5 which contains how this round will be recruited and also posts 1-4, as some rules have changed since your last game
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Airmed)
    ilysm :toofunny: :love:
    Glad you found it funny, I guess? :lol: :lovehug:

I love you too :love:

I just summed up my TWoTSR history in the most narcissistic way possible, which was intentional and mandatory in order to make my entrance so grand

inb4 I die Night One now because the Werewolves take my post seriously :emo:

(Original post by Labrador99)
    PRSOM
    Well, you did say it would be big and grand
    Are we going to find out your plans for the future now, or do we still need to endure the suspense???
    Did I succeed?

You have to wait for Night One for that

How many players do we have so far? Pretty sure we might be able to start tonight :dance:

Also, I would like house number 4 (the number of death :shock: ), please Painted in aqua if we are still doing the house colour thing :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    Glad you found it funny, I guess? :lol: :lovehug:

I love you too :love:

I just summed up my TWoTSR history in the most narcissistic way possible, which was intentional and mandatory in order to make my entrance so grand

inb4 I die Night One now because the Werewolves take my post seriously :emo:

Did I succeed?

You have to wait for Night One for that

How many players do we have so far? Pretty sure we might be able to start tonight :dance:

Also, I would like house number 4 (the number of death :shock: ), please Painted in aqua if we are still doing the house colour thing :laugh:
    Yep

You like to keep us waiting

11 so far, however, as per post 5 in this thread (which is a little different to what I said earlier), we will wait the full 24 hours before players are confirmed, with the first 6 spots going to new players or people who have not had a power role yet or have not played many times. The last 12 will be on a first come first served basis (which confirms the spaces of most people who have expressed interest- however, this will be confirmed formally tomorrow night). As a result of this, house selection will begin once the player list has been announced, as will (simultaneously) role allocations. Sheriff manifestos are likely to begin on Wednesday evening, with night 1 beginning (all going well!) on Thursday night.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Yep

You like to keep us waiting

11 so far, however, as per post 5 in this thread (which is a little different to what I said earlier), we will wait the full 24 hours before players are confirmed, with the first 6 spots going to new players or people who have not had a power role yet or have not played many times. The last 12 will be on a first come first served basis (which confirms the spaces of most people who have expressed interest- however, this will be confirmed formally tomorrow night). As a result of this, house selection will begin once the player list has been announced, as will (simultaneously) role allocations. Sheriff manifestos are likely to begin on Wednesday evening, with night 1 beginning (all going well!) on Thursday night.
    Oh, I see. :gasp:

Good luck hosting and remember that if you need any host help, CheeseIsVeg and I are here :lovehug:

ReputationRep:

I take it?

A former host.

A former Sheriff.

What do you mean?

Why?

They weren’t back then.

Wait, who is that?

It’s her.

THE WOMAN

She’s dangerous.

What should I do, then?

THE MYTH

THE LEGEND

…or you KILL her.

MICHIYO!

PRSOM!!!!!!!!!!!!
    i love this so much :love: please never change :cube:
    :jumphug: :hugs: :jumphug:

and Labrador99 loving the map :thumbsup:
    The mega IKEA is so fab :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Oh, I see. :gasp:

Good luck hosting and remember that if you need any host help, CheeseIsVeg and I are here :lovehug:
    Thank you

Having the house selection slightly later also helps as a test of activity- I will take no prisoners when it comes to inactivity!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IKEAPanda37)
    PRSOM!!!!!!!!!!!!
    i love this so much :love: please never change :cube:
    :jumphug: :hugs: :jumphug:

and Labrador99 loving the map :thumbsup:
    The mega IKEA is so fab :yep:
    Will you be taking up residence next to that mega IKEA? :puppyeyes:

ReputationRep:
    All of the info is in the first 5 posts now
    thanks. I would love to play but not this time. tag me next time please

ReputationRep:
    Will you be taking up residence next to that mega IKEA? :puppyeyes:
    Sadly not :cry: I wont be in this round bc of being in Scotland

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by starfab)
    thanks. I would love to play but not this time. tag me next time please
    No worries cemsimon is the round 7 host, assuming she is still happy with that

(Original post by IKEAPanda37)
    Sadly not :cry: I wont be in this round bc of being in Scotland
    :cry:We have Wifi in Scotland- I am in Scotland :cry:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    No problem Hope you have a great time I will be awaiting your blog post on your return home We'll miss you from the game though

ReputationRep:
    No worries cemsimon is the round 7 host, assuming she is still happy with that
    Yes I still want to!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
    Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Forum Games Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.