Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Barts and the London MBBS in Malta Watch

• View Poll Results: So just out of interest, are you accepting your offer?
    Yes
    60.00%
    No
    40.00%

ReputationRep:
    I just got a partial scholarship (somehow it's the amount between £19,000 and £9250). I was wondering if anyone else also received this? If so, are you likely to accept? This is just so last minute and such a rush, I'm not sure what to do!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by demmiie)
    Congratulations, that's amazing! How much will you be paying?
    Thank you! I only got a partial scholarship so il be paying €13,578 which works out at around £12,500 per year.

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone! I have accepted my offer and I will be starting in September

I thought I'd make a private facebook group for those of us that have accepted a place for when we need to talk about lectures etc etc amongst each other.

The reason I'd like to make it private is so that it stays amongst us for those purposes/ we avoid having spam posts.

If you want to be added to it then just privately give your email that you use for facebook so the group invite can be sent to your page My previous attempt at this message didn't want to post because it had an email in it... I'm not sure how TSR works but you could either privately send your email to me via tsr chat if that's allowed or the email I set up for this purpose was m.mbbs.group (at outlook).

ReputationRep:
    Aha great it posted! So, those of you that want to may give me your emails at that email address I set up and I'll send you the fb group invite!

ReputationRep:
    I also got the €13578 scholarship a few days ago. Don't think I'll be accepting it because of the rush. Person I spoke to with on the phone wasn't that nice as well (perhaps foreshadowing the type of support we'll be receiving in Malta?)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by H1nmr)
    I also got the €13578 scholarship a few days ago. Don't think I'll be accepting it because of the rush. Person I spoke to with on the phone wasn't that nice as well (perhaps foreshadowing the type of support we'll be receiving in Malta?)
    Hi there! Have you rejected yr offer? I wondered who you spoke too..but thus far, based on my experience, the staff I interacted with were helpful and nice. Especially Dr Cathy in the Dean of Education, Malta.

ReputationRep:
    Good luck to everyone going here. I turned my offer down and I'm going to a British private uni. I really hope Malta comes through!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hazydazy)
    Hi there! Have you rejected yr offer? I wondered who you spoke too..but thus far, based on my experience, the staff I interacted with were helpful and nice. Especially Dr Cathy in the Dean of Education, Malta.
    I have until Friday to decide, but will probably turn it down. Yes, Dr Cathy from my interview was nice. I spoke to a lady responsible for the hotline provided on the site. Wasn't really keen on providing genuine answers to my concerns and was quite impatient for the call to be finished

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sei17)
    I just got a partial scholarship (somehow it's the amount between £19,000 and £9250). I was wondering if anyone else also received this? If so, are you likely to accept? This is just so last minute and such a rush, I'm not sure what to do!
    How's your decision making going? I'm in the exact same position as you. Help!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by H1nmr)
    I have until Friday to decide, but will probably turn it down. Yes, Dr Cathy from my interview was nice. I spoke to a lady responsible for the hotline provided on the site. Wasn't really keen on providing genuine answers to my concerns and was quite impatient for the call to be finished
    I'm sorry to hear that. What are your concerns? Probably could help you with yr decision (if you're still deciding)

ReputationRep:
    I'm sorry to hear that. What are your concerns? Probably could help you with yr decision (if you're still deciding)
    Have you accepted your offer? It's just that I only received the scholarship a few days ago, and obviously there are some essential queries I need answered before being able to make a decision. But, they acknowledged my email but haven't provided any answers (in fact, they never replied to any of my emails before this) and I'm worried that this would be a representation of how under prepared they are for the program to start this year, and also a possible reflection of the kind of support we will be receiving in Malta.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by H1nmr)
    Have you accepted your offer? It's just that I only received the scholarship a few days ago, and obviously there are some essential queries I need answered before being able to make a decision. But, they acknowledged my email but haven't provided any answers (in fact, they never replied to any of my emails before this) and I'm worried that this would be a representation of how under prepared they are for the program to start this year, and also a possible reflection of the kind of support we will be receiving in Malta.
    Yes I accepted my offer w scholarship. Did you receive the Q&A attachment with an email? It has some important information regarding the course, accommodation and student support. If not, I can email it to you.

ReputationRep:
    Yes I accepted my offer w scholarship. Did you receive the Q&A attachment with an email? It has some important information regarding the course, accommodation and student support. If not, I can email it to you.
    Yes, I did. Are you a UK/EU citizen or international? I'm asking this to seeing if there's someone on the same boat as me

ReputationRep:
    Hi all, 4th year Medic at Barts and the London here.
    If anyone's still applying for Medicine and is interested in any 1-to-1 support for their application, feel free to contact me. I've been through and understand the process fully and have also helped other prospective students receive offers first time. I can provide assistance with personal statement editing according to what Med schools are looking for, guidance on the Universities best suited for your application, help on getting the right work experiences in a short time if needed, support with formatting your application to maximise your chance of an interview, and anything else you feel you'd want help with. If you're interested or would like more information, PM me to get in touch! Good luck.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.