Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is this heading into a relationship ? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure what's going on as there's been no proper conversation. I've known this guys for over a 1 year, we have mutual friends, we only really spent time together at certain social gatherings and last summer.
    A few weeks ago we started sleeping together - pretty much everyday since then. I know I'll have to broach the topic at some point but till then I just want to know if I'm reading the signs correctly.
    We hang out pretty much all the time since we started sleeping together, he always asks me if I want to hang out or go somewhere, he always tells me he's so happy when I'm around, when we aren't together he always messages me to check how I'm doing. After a week of hanging out I was going on holiday for two weeks, just a few hours of departing he said he misses me and after a few days said he missed me and my smile. I told him to fly out quite jokingly and he flew out for a few days. When he left he again said he misses me. I was quite upset upon my return and was crying at the airport and he came and got me, just so we could talk. He seems concerned when I'm distressed or upset. One of the reasons I've been upset, is the reaction of my two best friends since I've been sleeping with him, they were acting quite hot and cold with me - which has been given me anxiety. When he talked to me, he said can t you see that's they have been acting like this since your with me (which I didn't quite get). He's also now gone away for for two weeks, and as soon as he landed he said all I want to be is back with you tbh.

It feels so intense already, but it's clear he likes me around, I make him happy, he misses me when we are not together. He also has mentioned that he really likes me. I don't know if we are friends who casually sleep together, or is it heading to something else.
    • Very Important Poster

(Original post by Retroandbeyond)
    I'm not sure what's going on as there's been no proper conversation. I've known this guys for over a 1 year, we have mutual friends, we only really spent time together at certain social gatherings and last summer.
    A few weeks ago we started sleeping together - pretty much everyday since then. I know I'll have to broach the topic at some point but till then I just want to know if I'm reading the signs correctly.
    We hang out pretty much all the time since we started sleeping together, he always asks me if I want to hang out or go somewhere, he always tells me he's so happy when I'm around, when we aren't together he always messages me to check how I'm doing. After a week of hanging out I was going on holiday for two weeks, just a few hours of departing he said he misses me and after a few days said he missed me and my smile. I told him to fly out quite jokingly and he flew out for a few days. When he left he again said he misses me. I was quite upset upon my return and was crying at the airport and he came and got me, just so we could talk. He seems concerned when I'm distressed or upset. One of the reasons I've been upset, is the reaction of my two best friends since I've been sleeping with him, they were acting quite hot and cold with me - which has been given me anxiety. When he talked to me, he said can t you see that's they have been acting like this since your with me (which I didn't quite get). He's also now gone away for for two weeks, and as soon as he landed he said all I want to be is back with you tbh.

It feels so intense already, but it's clear he likes me around, I make him happy, he misses me when we are not together. He also has mentioned that he really likes me. I don't know if we are friends who casually sleep together, or is it heading to something else.

Do you want him as your bf?
    Will you carry on sleeping with him if he isnt interested in a relationship?

It may be hes just too clumsy or inexperienced to ask. Has he had a gf before?
    It may be he wants ot to be a relationship and rather than ask he wants to avoid the fear of rejection and stumble into one?

He could also just be interested in the sex and likes to jeep you sweet.

Perhaps now is a time to have dinner or a drink and just ask about whats happening and what youd both like to avoid confusion? That way you know for sure and you have a choice to make based on his answer.

Theres always the chance of rejection or disappointment, but that is all part of relationships. At least you will know.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 25, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.