Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone!

I will be a new postgraduate student at Reading for the upcoming year and I am currently dealing with the accommodation. I looked at the uni halls and specifically liked Wessex and Wantage, but in the online portal where you apply for the halls these 2 places do not appear in the list... Are these only for undergraduates? Or am I applying to late and there are no more places left?

Thank you in advance!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by andremac)
    Hi everyone!

I will be a new postgraduate student at Reading for the upcoming year and I am currently dealing with the accommodation. I looked at the uni halls and specifically liked Wessex and Wantage, but in the online portal where you apply for the halls these 2 places do not appear in the list... Are these only for undergraduates? Or am I applying to late and there are no more places left?

Thank you in advance!
    The University Halls are mostly reserved for undergraduate students, preferably 1st years. This must be the reason that you are unable to book the same. Post graduate students mostly prefer to live off campus, away from the noise and disturbance. Ideally PG students like to rent their own flats with other students so that they have more flexibility in terms of who they live with along with more space and peace of mind. Private student accommodations for this very reason in a great idea as they are fully furnished, rent includes all bills and you will have a variety of room choices that you can choose from. All residents in these apartments are only students which is even better. If you are interested please find below a few property suggestions that you might like. Once you have had a look, if you would like to go ahead and book simply do so online on the website or if you need any further assistance we’d be more than happy to assign your a Personal Booking Manager to help you with all your queries and help you make a booking as well.

Central Studios Reading - https://www.unilodgers.com/uk/readin...tm_content=TSR

Queens Court - https://www.unilodgers.com/uk/readin...tm_content=TSR

Saxon Court Apartments - https://www.unilodgers.com/uk/readin...tm_content=TSR
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by andremac)
    Hi everyone!

Thank you in advance!
    Hi

I can't give you a definite answer I'm afraid. It may be the case that these halls aren't for post grads as a lot of freshers do apply for these halls. There are some halls in Bridges that are allocated only for post grads, but they are slightly more expensive.

My advice would be to contact the accommodation team so you can find out exactly why you can't apply to these particular halls. And hopefully come up with a solution.
    Here is the email:
    [email protected] k

Hope this helped.
    Any further questions feel free to ask!

Sophie
    Second year Philosophy student

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.