Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello,
    I was just wondering the best way to get to Keele from Central London (not by car).

Due to the fact that my family doesn't have a car, and the fact that Keele is my top choice for university next year, how difficult will it be to take all my belongings from central London to Keele? e.g. all the things you need when moving to university (if that makes any sense)
    Thanks so much

ReputationRep:
    I'll suggest asking a friend or taking a Uber.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by g2202)
    Hello,
    I was just wondering the best way to get to Keele from Central London (not by car).

Due to the fact that my family doesn't have a car, and the fact that Keele is my top choice for university next year, how difficult will it be to take all my belongings from central London to Keele? e.g. all the things you need when moving to university (if that makes any sense)
    Thanks so much
    If you're comfortable with it, it would have to be Uber/any sort of cab service.

ReputationRep:
    I booked my flight to London for a cheaper price. Are there anyone would arrive in London at Sept.20th?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by g2202)
    Hello,

Thanks so much
    Hi I go to Keele and live in London too. Although when I moved in I was able to get someone to drive me and my stuff there, I realise now there was a lot of pointless crap I didn't need that could have been bought when I arrives and when I returned for the summer this year all I brought home was mainly my clothes and a few bits and bobs... left other stuff in new student house!

Virgin trains only take 1 hr 30 to Stoke and can be really cheap if booked in advance and if with a railcard! From Stoke its only about 30-40 mins on bus to Keele

Try to buy as much as you can in Newcastle-under-lyme/Hanley when you arrive rather than dragging everything with you.

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone in your family drive? Is it possible to hire a car for a day or two?

Otherwise, train or coach may be the best bet. If you use public transport it will force you to take less unnecessary things with you so you keep your luggage down. As the post above said, it may help to buy most of the stuff you need when you get there rather than beforehand!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.