Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Will losing weight make my chest look odd/flatter compared to now? Watch

Announcements

I run, workout and do strength training so am relitively strong but could do with losing some weight to obtain some muscle definition plus Id get better results in my sport (sprinting). Im only short (5ft) and have always had very small breasts (size AA in some brands and 34 B in others). I wont say my age lol but im getting on now hah. When im not stood up straight my stomach sticks out further than my breasts lol). Im wondering though if I obtain a little more muscle and cut down the fat a bit (my goal is 110 pounds im 122 now) would it make my chest look odd/flatter as id likely lose weight all over?

http://imageshack.com/a/img923/470/62hT6V.jpg

http://imageshack.com/a/img923/6484/YUo6hB.jpg
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

Lol, you look perfectly healthy, chill.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I run, workout and do strength training so am relitively strong but could do with losing some weight to obtain some muscle definition plus Id get better results in my sport (sprinting). Im only short (5ft) and have always had very small breasts (size AA in some brands and 34 B in others). I wont say my age lol but im getting on now hah. When im not stood up straight my stomach sticks out further than my breasts lol). Im wondering though if I obtain a little more muscle and cut down the fat a bit (my goal is 110 pounds im 122 now) would it make my chest look odd/flatter as id likely lose weight all over?

http://imageshack.com/a/img923/470/62hT6V.jpg

http://imageshack.com/a/img923/6484/YUo6hB.jpg
    There's no doubt you'll notice a difference in your boobs, I did when I lost some weight. But you have a nice waist to hip ratio, the smaller the waist the bigger your boobs will look. So if you shred off the excess fat then whilst you're training your boobs actually might look bigger even if they do shrink a little too! I can definitely see you have a natural hourglass figure, go genes.

ReputationRep:
    Your room is a mess!

(Original post by Nirvana1989-1994)
    Lol, you look perfectly healthy, chill.
    I know people should really stop whining and be grateful that they are healthy, before we know it in a few years we we all have ageing bodies anyway lol but looks wise ive always been worried about putting on muscle when ive never had a chest if that makes sense ha.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

I know people should really stop whining and be grateful that they are healthy, before we know it in a few years we we all have ageing bodies anyway lol but looks wise ive always been worried about putting on muscle when ive never had a chest if that makes sense ha.
    True.

I dislike my legs sometimes but I'm happy I have them and that they carry me places lol.

(Original post by Ciel.)
    Your room is a mess!
    Youve not seen my face! Joking yea my mother actually calls it a shithole i dont think its that bad. In my defense Ive been in the middle of tidying it for the past 2 weeks. It will get sorted!

ReputationRep:
    Youve not seen my face! Joking yea my mother actually calls it a shithole i dont think its that bad. In my defense Ive been in the middle of tidying it for the past 2 weeks. It will get sorted!
    Sorry about my inner OCD hoe :laugh: but yeah, you probably should! Good luck with your weight loss btw.

ReputationRep:
    Eat to maintain, continue weight training until your progress is slowing down. Then increase calories by 200 a day and keep weight training for a month or so. Then, when you've built some muscle, you can go on a cut and you'll see definition.

Also, work on your shoulders and back - bigger shoulders will make you look curvier from the top and give more of an hour glass shape.

(Original post by Petulia)
    Eat to maintain, continue weight training until your progress is slowing down. Then increase calories by 200 a day and keep weight training for a month or so. Then, when you've built some muscle, you can go on a cut and you'll see definition.

Also, work on your shoulders and back - bigger shoulders will make you look curvier from the top and give more of an hour glass shape.
    Thanks. See with needing energy I was going to do it the contraversial way and gradually build muscle whilst cutting more or less at the same time. In a way like athletes would do, just train for my running/sprinting hope that I'l build a bit of muscle/lose weight as a result of that. Id say that most of my strength is in my back and shoulder (i can do 11 pull ups and plenty pressups) as you say i need to continue and lose the fat hopefully. Ive uploaded a pic of my shoulders currently, ignore the pet though lol.

http://imageshack.com/a/img923/9213/zYIQMc.jpg

ReputationRep:
    Thanks. See with needing energy I was going to do it the contraversial way and gradually build muscle whilst cutting more or less at the same time. In a way like athletes would do, just train for my running/sprinting hope that I'l build a bit of muscle/lose weight as a result of that. Id say that most of my strength is in my back and shoulder (i can do 11 pull ups and plenty pressups) as you say i need to continue and lose the fat hopefully. Ive uploaded a pic of my shoulders currently, ignore the pet though lol.

http://imageshack.com/a/img923/9213/zYIQMc.jpg
    I tried the same when I first started, it didn't feel like I was making any progress when I was trying to lose fat/build muscle simultaneously, so now I just do one at a time.
    If you're using a gym, then try to add in standing overhead presses for your shoulders, and lat pull downs. Your waist is naturally very small so you're sorted there but your shoulders could still be much bigger.

Also, when you cut, your stomach and chest should eventually come into proportion with each other (when your stomach is smaller, your chest won't look that small anymore for your body)
    Your chest probably won't get much smaller when you lose weight, and push ups / chest exercises supposedly make them perkier (not bigger or smaller) by training your pectoral muscles so there's no need to stop doing those

ReputationRep:
    Train your chest? Do bench press or something get some pec muscles and then when you cut you'll have bigger but slightly muscular tits? I'm just speculating as I'm a guy and usually only know guy related fitness stuff lol.

After seeing that, I need a selfie

ReputationRep:
    Different bodies lose weight in different ways. It's likely your overall figure will be fairly similar, just smaller.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 25, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.