The Student Room Group
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

Opting out of University place

If I decided that I no longer want to take up my place, Does soton allow you to opt out of firmly accepted unconditional offers?
Original post by togouni2017
If I decided that I no longer want to take up my place, Does soton allow you to opt out of firmly accepted unconditional offers?

If you speak to UCAS and your current firm perhaps they could sort something out?

What are you planning on doing if you decline the unconditional offer?
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website
Original post by togouni2017

No university will drag applicants onto a degree against their wishes.

A phone call to admissions should let you withdraw your application or defer it to 2018 entry.
I opted out of two university places in the last week, I just e-mailed the admissions team at each university to say that I was holding an offer and would like to be released from these offers. One university replied within a day, the other took over a week. Be advised though, I was told by UCAS that the deadline for this sort of thing was 6pm on the 28th, that may be a misunderstanding on my part. Phone them and you'll know for sure.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by justbesmile
I opted out of two university places in the last week, I just e-mailed the admissions team at each university to say that I was holding an offer and would like to be released from these offers. One university replied within a day, the other took over a week. Be advised though, I was told by UCAS that the deadline for this sort of thing was 6pm on the 28th, that may be a misunderstanding on my part. Phone them and you'll know for sure.

28th of June??
Reply 5
I thought that you had up to 20th July to actually pull out of your firm and change it. After that the uni has to release you and either you go into clearing or reapply next year.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending