The Student Room Group

best a level choices that go with biology

i don't know what a levels to do with biology i don't like any other science including math what do i do
chemistry is the best a level you could ever pick you will miss out on so much if you don't pick it
Original post by Wolfram Alpha
chemistry is the best a level you could ever pick you will miss out on so much if you don't pick it

I agree haha
Chemistry goes well with biology, and maths/physics can help with both chem and bio but aren't essential if you don't like them. Although I feel maths opens lots of doors.
It depends on what you're looking to do afterwards. University courses may have specific requirements, so it's best to check.
If you're not sure then what else do you enjoy?
Psychology. It's like Biology, but less mathematical. (There is still some maths, but you're doing Biology so you can't be that afraid of it.)
Original post by Reality Check
Maths, not math - we're not American.

Chemistry is the obvious choice. There is more physics in biology that you imagine, so that's a good choice, and there is obviously a need to understand calculus as you get further into biology, so mathematics is a good choice too. So really, it's what you'd expect - Chemistry, Physics and Mathematics are probably the 'best' choices, in terms of a coherent set.

You say you don't 'like' any other science or mathematics. Biology doesn't exist in isolation - 'science' is a unified whole at that level. Moreover, mathematics is the language of science. Given what you've written, I suggest you don't actually do Biology at all.

I don't think OP knows that theyre talking about :smile:
Original post by Reality Check
Maths, not math - we're not American.

Chemistry is the obvious choice. There is more physics in biology that you imagine, so that's a good choice, and there is obviously a need to understand calculus as you get further into biology, so mathematics is a good choice too. So really, it's what you'd expect - Chemistry, Physics and Mathematics are probably the 'best' choices, in terms of a coherent set.

You say you don't 'like' any other science or mathematics. Biology doesn't exist in isolation - 'science' is a unified whole at that level. Moreover, mathematics is the language of science. Given what you've written, I suggest you don't actually do Biology at all.

You're talking more at a university level. This is for A Level, I've known plenty of people for whom that was their only science because they didn't like the other 3, and I don't think they needed much knowledge of Physics or Calculus, say. I do agree Chemistry is helpful, but not a necessity.

I would suggest the OP doesn't study Biology at university, though.

Quick Reply

Latest