Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Did they actually want me to come? Watch

Announcements

I have this group of friends that I only see 1-2 times a year.
    I know some of them are closer with each other than they are with me and they had organised a camping holiday

Anyway, when we were out the topic came up so I asked where they were going and when. They then invited me along but it felt like a sympathy invite because they have been planning for a while and only invited me along (I think) because they felt awkward talking about it in front of me....They like me but I just feel it was a sympathy invite.

Do you agree?

ReputationRep:
    If you feel a chain of events may get you into trouble then yes and you should try filling your time up better because they're probably sneaky.

(Original post by Anfanny)
    If you feel a chain of events may get you into trouble then yes and you should try filling your time up better because they're probably sneaky.
    Not sure I understand what this means in context?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Not sure I understand what this means in context?
    Stop caring.

(Original post by Anfanny)
    Stop caring.
    About them or whether the invite was a sympathy invite?

What did you think

ReputationRep:
    It really is a hard one, however I think if they really didn't want to invite you then they definitely would have been more careful as to not discuss it in front of you. I wouldn't sweat it, plans are difficult and maybe they had only loosely discussed it and hadn't got round to inviting everyone yet... I get this feeling all the time but I would definitely go as you're probably just overthinking it, and by not going you'll be further distancing yourself. I hope this helps!

ReputationRep:
    About them or whether the invite was a sympathy invite?

What did you think
    About them just.

ReputationRep:
    I have this group of friends that I only see 1-2 times a year.
    I know some of them are closer with each other than they are with me and they had organised a camping holiday

Anyway, when we were out the topic came up so I asked where they were going and when. They then invited me along but it felt like a sympathy invite because they have been planning for a while and only invited me along (I think) because they felt awkward talking about it in front of me....They like me but I just feel it was a sympathy invite.

Do you agree?
    Yh it was a sympathy invite. Not a hard one but i say FOOK THE CAMPING TRIP.

ReputationRep:
    Haha lol don't go it will just be awful. They must like playing god let's admit it's not an honest invite so it's not worth anything.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 25, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.