Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Emirates06's Summer Bucket List! Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emirates06)

Welcome. :hi:

I have some updates about the job hunt :innocent:. It’s going well to some extent- I have applied to a few places which are suitable to me in regards to hours and the place itself :mute::hat2:. Today I received a call from Starbucks to say I have passed the application stage and short-listed. Now onto the interview stage! :happy2:

The picture show my to do list- It shows all the jobs I’ve applied to. I did apply to a few more than that but I can’t seem to find the list.:hmmmm::huff:

The tick shows I have applied.
    The red X shows I have been rejected.
    The Yellow highlight shows I am invited to an interview!

My interviews are booked; I will update you if there is any response regarding my job hunt!
    Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qasim_96)
    Good luck!
    Heyy Qasim! Thanks

ReputationRep:

Bonjour!

Today was the Mehndi day for my brothers wedding AKA the stag do! :party2:

I really enjoyed today. I am glad to say the scarves I picked and bought, everyone seemed to like them :clap2:and the main thing was everyone got one! :clap2:I didn’t miss-count which was my main concern.

The music and stage looked smashing! Everything went well apart from the fact my brother has hair full of oil and we have a lot of leaves filled with henna. :cute::giggle:

The event finished quite recently… approximately half an hour ago? So we’ve all come home now. We’ve left all chairs and tables as they are- tomorrow shall be the big clean-up day.:yawn:

I think it fun helping organising today's mehndi. It was perhaps this event where there was more for me to organise than the other events. I think its fair to say it was a success as I I'd like think I covered all the nitty-gritty stuff to a top standard. :godancing:So part 1 complete and part 2 &3 here we come!:yay:

Sorry for the fairly short blog.:sorry:

Thanks for reading! Au Revoir. :france:

ReputationRep:

Welcome.:wavey:

Just to fill you in the cover image is Iggle Piggle from In the Night Garden.:wizard: Absolute smashing show. When In the night garden would begin on TV when I was younger, I would ensure my Pyjamas were on to watch the show:woo::xmasgrin:, so talking about a PJ day reminds me of In the night garden! :love:

Today was indeed the lazy by far since I’ve started my bucket list journey. I took a few weeks completing my NCS to now working with my bucket list, but there was a PJ day in my bucket list! So, today is the day!:kungfu:

Today I sat at home relaxing whilst watching Good Morning at 10.30-12.30.:pirate3: I then decided to go back up to my bedroom to see the different recipes for baking a cake as you may know there have been some disasters in the kitchen whenever a cake is being baked- So a recipe is always good to start with.:cake::call2:

Remember, the rules for PJ day is to stay in the PJ’s all day:cheers:! So that’s exactly what I am doing currently- I did have cartoon Pyjamas but they are in the wash so no simpsons pJs today I’m afraid.:console:

I simply stayed bed all day and watched a few movies:cool::cookie:. I did of course watch ‘EasyJet: Inside the Cockpit’ which was aired yesterday on ITV which I somehow missed!:dance::dancing:

When I am in PJ’s there’s a little list which I need to complete that cannot go amiss:
    1. Eat from the Ice-cream tub whilst watching a movie:dontknow::drool:
    2. Chocolates and crisps on the go!:cookie:
    3. Blanket and a good movie:crown:

So from my little list. Chocolate: Tick:elmo:. Crisps: Tick:embarrassed:. Ice-cream: Tick:excited:. Cake: Tick :fan:(although there is only a small bit left). Milkybar: Tick:fisheye:. Biscuits: Tick:flower2:. More biscuits: Tick :fluffy:and then of course you cannot miss out the cherries and berries squash in the mug there!:giggle::grin:

So to summarise the PJ day went down a treat!:groovy::groovy::groovy:

Spoiler:
    Show

Another activity ticked off the bucket list!:dance:
    :flute:

ReputationRep:

Hello again! As part of my pyjama day, I wanted to make my cake today :eating:as my Mum allowed me to bake a cake in the kitchen, given I bought all the products on the recipe this time including the baking paper!:deal:

Also as my Mum along everyone else was out today, this gave me an open opportunity to simply jump in and get stuck in without stressing how messy the kitchen is getting:elefant:.:five:

So I bought all the things needed to make the Marble cake from the local stores:gah:. I then added each item as clearly instructed by the recipe and ensured I followed step-by-step process to ensure I am baking the correct cake:kungfu:. I did also use youtube videos to confirm whether I am doing this right:koala:! My main issue with baking cakes is I cut corners quite a few times when baking cakes, so this time I made sure I was completing this correctly:lolwut::mute:.

I remembered to preheat the oven, so that was a good sign:pirate3:. I then added the mix into a baking tray and placed it in the oven ensuring I am re-visiting each few minutes to see how it is getting on:popout:. I did also ensure I turned the cake around after the first 7 minutes.:rambo:

The key to any cake is baking paper:albertein:- as I always seem to forget baking paper and so I try to use butter to smooth the sides of the tin, but the cake always seems to stick to the tin:ashamed2:. But I am proud to show you my little work here:angel::

It also tastes really nice, perhaps a bit too sweet but its fantastic given every other attempt I failed:banana:. So I am really happy, perhaps I gained a little more trust from my Mum:hmmmm:? Who knows.

Thanks for reading.:horse:

P.s. I made the cake in the morning at 11.30 am :rambo: as I was really keen to see this through especially I had all the ingredients on hand.:itsme::lep:

Spoiler:
    Show

Another activity completed! Yay!:rolleyes::santa3:

ReputationRep:

Welcome!:rolleyes:

*I went Thorpe park and made dinner yesterday*- as I was so anxious for results day, I couldn’t bring myself to do a blog. P.s. Results went great and 2 activities were completed yesterday!

I more or less went on majority of the rides! It was really fun and I really enjoyed the day out with the family.:^_^: We arrived at the park at 10.20am, passed security and in we went through the barriers. But guess what? Of course there is always one who needs a toilet!:argh: So I waited in the lounge and then we went our ways into the Island!

You got to be tactful when you go Thorpe park:cool:- you need to go on most popular rides first at the back of the park. So we went on Nemesis first. Followed by Ghost Train as this was close and my sister was adamant we went on this next. This is a new ride- I didn’t enjoy this as the virtual reality ride was too long :bored:and my headset was not working properly. However, the funny thing was the whole time whilst sat on the train I was thinking I wonder how long the stealth ride must be by now after every 20 seconds or so!:boring:

I went on Nemesis, Ghost train, vortex, Rush, FlyingFish, Tidal Wave, Dodgems, Stealth (x2), The Saw, Swarm, Rumba Rapids and many more.:bumps:

The queue for the swarm was fairly long but we were able to sit on the ride after 45 minutes queuing time.:shock:

I loved tidal wave as the view was spectacular from above and then moment’s later whoosh the ride is down!:sogood:

Pretty upset The Slammer and The Log Ride has closed down :tumble:as I remember when I last visited Thorpe Park in Year 11 I didn’t get a chance to sit on these rides as once we were set to go on the slammer, there was a problem with the slammer resulting in ride closing and with the log ride I just ran out of time.:unsure:

Towards the end, I sat on Stealth (2nd row) but there very little queues for 1st row:w00t:! It really enjoyed stealth, definitely my favourite ride! Second round as there was no queues I went for 1st row but what do you know, the line was longer:whip2:. I was regretting standing this long as it was 6-7th round when I finally sat on first row. But definetly worth it!:woo:

I remembered it hit nearly closing time (5 minutes?) and I ran as fast as I could to SAW: the ride:wizard: (me and my sister only at this point) there was no queues:yeah:, perhaps 5 people maximum queuing. So that was pretty fun! We tried to sneak into colossus but the gate just got locked!

Returning back to the squad, we then lost our way around the park but we saw the Wet, Wet, Wet ride high up and walked to that point as the dome is near the ride and we made our exit.:yep:

It was fun and enjoyable!:youbetcha:

Thank you for reading.:yy:

Spoiler:
    Show

Another activity ticked off! :yikes::yay:

ReputationRep:

Well, as I got quite a bit to go for my bucket list, I decided to not only go out with my family to Thorpe park but also have a nice late evening relaxed barbeque but I made Kebabs barbecue for dinner. I got mince and added herbs, salt and chillies and then I fried the kebabs on my own whilst the other kebabs were placed on the barbecue outside.:borat:

I also bought fresh fish and decorated with herbs and attempts to make an outer layer on the fish. With pitta bread, I placed the kebabs inside with different sauces:chaplin:.

To make the salad I added different vegetables and I added mint sauce to create the salad which tasted absolutely amazing.:curious::cute:

For the drink, I created a mocktail!:pepsi: I added lime, lemon with fizzing water. I added ice and voila with the right amount of lemon and lime in it tasted great with the kebabs and fish.:parrot:

I did get some help adding the right ingredients into the kebabs as I don’t seem to get it right; but I did add the correct amount of salt!:pal: The hardest aspect of cooking was shaping out the kebabs into the pan. But the best aspect of making dinner was sharing the food with the family!:smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::tee:

Spoiler:
    Show

Spoiler alert: 2 more activities completed YAY!:top2:

ReputationRep:

Welcome to another blog.:albertein:

As it’s the wedding during the weekend and I am off to Wales straight after the weekend on Monday, I thought why not visit London to do some sight-seeing today :bee:!

The weather in London was pretty good. It was cloudy a little but the weather improved during the day. Such a relief eh?:bigsmile:

I went alone to do some sight-seeing in London :ciao:. I left home not too long after 10am.:clap2:

---------> I hopped onto Chiltern Railways train to Marylebone.
    ---------> Off the platform and out of Marylebone station.
    -------- > With guidance, a map and a couple of tubes, I finally reach my destination- LONDON.

People walk with pride and admiration in their suits:cig:, the London Black Cabs loitering around the area and you know the double-decker red London buses are never too far behind!:driver: Anyway, I walk onto the pavement with my backpack, water bottle, headphones and off we go :five:. First stop: London eye please! :flybye:

The view was incredible!:gah: Although the Big Ben is covered with scaffolding at the moment which wasn’t exactly ideal:gasp:. But nonetheless, it was amazing.

Visiting Buckingham palace was the highlight of the experience.:grin: Walking towards the path and seeing Buckingham palace in the distance with Swarms along the river and people everywhere it was amazing!:h::happy2:

I also went to have see the Gherkin. I love the apprentice :hat2:so I’d always thought the boardroom was always in the Gherkin, but whenever I see the gherkin I can’t help but think of the apprentice. Apprentice is back on in October! Cannot wait!:eek3::dancing:

I also took with me large packet of crisps and plenty of chocolates (bounty!)- but I was still hungry by the end of the trip. So I decided to get food before I head back on the train- but the prices are simply... *sigh* :getmecoat::gasp:

Spoiler:
    Show

Another Activity Completed! YAYYYY :hello::koala:

ReputationRep:

* Disclaimer- Bowling photo above is taken from online- forgot to take photos.

Another blog

So, I came back from the London trip later than I thought. But since leaving school, all my friends and I haven’t met up. I may have met up with 1 or 2 but we haven’t really met up all together :afraid:. But we do keep in contact in the GC. Anyway, so we thought we could go cinema or bowling. So, bowling it was!:albertein::auto:

Initially, we roughly planned to meet up on results day in the evening to go bowling or cinema.:banghead: But that clearly didn’t happen- so we met up today.:banana:

We enjoyed ourselves and played well!:awesome: And in regards to who won bowling, let’s just say we are all winners :bebored:. Obviously it’s the taking part that counts :cheers:! (Clearly I lost.:closedeyes:) But to redeem myself we played pool and I beat them not once but twice!:yep:

Its fun to catch up with friends; obviously we couldn’t finish bowling without going to the Dessert Parlor- TreatZ!:teeth: :shh:

Night! :sick: :yawn: - 2 in the morning :yawn:

ReputationRep:

Welcome!

I have not one, two but three updates today! :rolleyes:

Let’s talk about my driving test. :driver:

It’s really nerve-racking talking about my driving test without knowing what will happen on my test day:dong:. You got it! My driving test has been booked.:eek2:

Well, it has been booked for quite a while :dry:, but I haven’t spoken about it given I don’t even know the fate of my driving test and I am really anxious.:embarrassed: I do love driving with a passion :penguin: and so I cannot wait to start driving :fan:- having a car in university would make it much easier to come home during the weekends than commuting. :groovy:

What Is Happening with My Driving?

So let me break it down for you: :hmmmm:

1. My theory test: I passed a few months back just before my exams began.
    2. My driving test: I have had 17 lessons already (each lesson is 1 hour). This may sound way too less but I feel I am ready now, I love driving so I feel quite comfortable in the driving seat but also my instructor has encouraged me to book my test and he believes I could do it- The best instructor without a doubt!

My test is on Friday, 25th August. I have only 2 more lessons until my test :puke:. So definetly it is very terrifying.:indiff::indiff:

In my last 3 driving lessons and in my upcoming lessons instead of completing tasks as per on the instructors sheet :noway:- I have used these last invaluable lessons to go over what aspects of driving I am finding most difficult with my instructor :naughty::nn: and with his help to pick out bad- habits to perfect these errors before the big day :gthumb:. I would say this has definitely helped me eliminate silly errors :hmmm: and to be more cautious to check over my shoulders more than only using my mirrors :innocent: whilst also preventing hands crossing over whilst steering.:juggle:

I am currently using other resources like Youtube Videos (very useful!) :koala:, refreshing my mind with my theory book :kungfu: and asking my sisters for advice. :mute:

Thanks for reading! I will update you on next Friday if I have passed or failed. Great! :puppyeyes:

ReputationRep:

Welcome to another update! :awesome:

So, quite late at 11 (since I was at my brothers wedding all day), I’ve started to plan what musical instrument I want to learn :blow:. In the end I decided I would like to learn the piano as I was always intrigued by the piano since I was younger :clap2:- so learning a song on the piano would be great. :blah:

The song I decided to use to learn on the piano will be….. :dots:

FRERE JACQUES.

So stay tuned as I will be recording a video in the next blog update:yeah: once I have learnt the song! So watch this space.:yep::yikes:

ReputationRep:

Welcome! :angel:

So today, I went up north to visit my grandparents:awesome:. We are a close-knit family so we do go up their perhaps every weekend or every other weekend especially in the school holidays:bee2:. It has been a tradition for my cousins and I to stay over for a few days in the holidays. Its fun as I love spending time with my grandparents as they are hilarious and very relaxed:beer:. But it’s a time for all us cousins to ‘mess around’ and catch up together as a group.:bigsmile:

As I grow up, I realise the luxuries of staying over at my grandparents with all my cousins (watching movies until 2am in the morning:yawn:, raiding the cupboards to hunt for crisps:drool: and chocolates or having our ultimate dance off show late at night with us laughing away with our ridiculous bollywood moves:laugh:) seems to wear away :cry2: as we are expected to be ‘adults’ now. But we are all children at heart. So, the novelty definitely never wears away!:medieval:

During the 1st day of the wedding, I went up north with my cousins in the hummer. It was fun in the hummer with us cousins, much like when we stay over at our Grandparents house:nutcase:. The hummer stopped at my grandparent’s house and we picked our grandparents and our family up, we got back into the hummer and off we went to the venue.:pirate3:

So, I think it was a win-win situation as I met up with my grandparents:thumbsup:, its felt like its been so long as we’ve been so busy in wedding preparations we haven’t stayed over at my grandparents house for a while:thumbsdown:. It was fun meeting up and having a laugh with my grandparents for a good half hour on the way to the venue!:teeth::teeth:

Spoiler:
    Show

Activity is GO GO! Completed!!!!!

ReputationRep:

These last 2 days were eventful to say the least.:argh:

See my past blogs to see how wedding preparation has been getting on:
    Wedding preparation: Click here
    Pre-wedding: Click here

Pre-wedding party

In my last update, the photo somehow didn't go pull up. But these are the scarves I bought.

Wedding: Day 1 & Day 2

I can now say the wedding has now officially completed! So, on Saturday it was the the first wedding day (after the pre-wedding party) which was great as we went up north to Birmingham in the hummer for the wedding :albertein:. Once we got there, we made our entrance.:bl: As per tradition, the bride’s side gave us drinks :pepsi: (milk for the groom and coke for us!) and we had to pay up, of course :run:! So altogether the drinks may have cost us £60. One hefty bill!:sadnod::santa3:

When this was over, the entrance was quite grand with silly strings, confetti, petals and huge confetti cannons launched at us! :star::star: The funniest bit at this point is seeing our filming guys and the brides filming guys hunting for the best angle:jester: (with a bit of healthy competition):laugh:

There was not much preparation needed doing today apart from buying semolina sweet pudding mix :cookie:. After the event, at the brides home, there were plenty tears as the bride was given away.:sad:

Stage:

For the next day of the wedding, tables were all set up and ready to go with caterers already on site when we arrived to see if everything looks shaped:sly:. We later came into the venue; not some much with an entrance like yesterday, but of course with a DJ and the sound of music it was exciting enough!:party2:

Second day selfie, always a must!:

2nd day stage:

I really enjoyed the day, especially as all the preparations were great and everything went well!:proud::proud:

* I did take pictures however majority of them have people in, so its not to fair to include them here without permission, however I tried to edit some of the others.:s:

* P.s. I was too tired to blog yesterday! Sorry!
    Spoiler:
    Show

Another activity is termine ( completed in french!) :rambo::france:

ReputationRep:

So I used today’s opportunity to squeeze in an activity as my brother is going away. It sounded like the perfect opportunity. :albertein:
    Heading to Heathrow:

Airplanes! * Sighs *:ahhhhh: :daydreaming::daydreaming:

I simply love airplanes.:daydreaming: As I live in Bucks, this isn’t too far from Heathrow airport, perhaps 30-45 minutes drive? :top2: So whenever a plane would take off, you are able to see in the corner of the sky, planes ascending upwards or even when a plane passes en route to Heathrow it passes right above us. Amazing! :trytofly:

My sister- in- law was travelling from abroad to the UK, using plane finder I realised her plane is flying over our house- you could just make out it was PIA, given it also had a green strip crossing the plane. So yep, I did go a bit bonkers! :unsure::woo:

As my brother and his wife were going abroad today, it was the perfect opportunity to go plane-sighting. :wizard: My brother was flying in the late afternoon, so I was dropped off towards mid-afternoon to give me a good few hours for me to plane-sight until my brother and his wife are dropped off :xmasgrin: and I am picked up from the airport! :yeah:

That was approx. 3-4 hours! Smashing! :yep:

First I went to Myrtle Avenue at Heathrow, the best site to see arriving airplanes :yikes:. But however, there were no planes landing, :tumble: however they were taking off at 27L runaway and landing at 09L. :thumbsdown:. So the airport traffic control may have changed the positionings! :whip::sadnod:

So I decided to walk towards ESSO Petrol pump as it stated online, here it’s a better view of the airplanes taking off at 27L :russia:. So here are the photos and video from the here::rambo:

Pictures:

BA

First, the planes I saw taking off were Qatar, emirates, Aer Lingus and many more :proud:. However majority were British airways! :pirate3:

I walked over to the other side, onto Stanwell Moor road where the planes were landing on 09L runaway. :pal: Here was a much clearer view of the airplanes and the airport. So I did capture a few pictures. :nutcase:

Pictures:

Summary:

I really enjoyed today :love:. I think this was the best activity out of my bucket list without a single doubt as I am a plane-lover :lovehug: :yep: and being able to plan-sight for the very first time was absolutely great! :happy2: I definitely will be doing this again very soon! :jerry:

Now onto Wales! Here we come!...:hat2:

ReputationRep:

Welcome everyone!:rave:

Journey to Wales

So today, I am in Wales! :pwnd: After my plane-sighting trip to Heathrow yesterday, I left home around 5- 5.30pm and made my journey to Wales with my friends! :afro:

We decided to take the car :driver:to Wales rather than using a coach as the price was very high and we aren’t going for long.:headfire: My 4 friends and I headed out to Wales hitting the road and eventually reaching Wales after 4 and half hours of journey time:happy2:. This took slightly longer given the fact we kept making pit stops at service stations. :hoppy::cookie:

My friend’s family have a holiday caravan house in Glanlyn North Wales, so they kindly allowed us to borrow the site for our time there.:ike::nutcase:

Yesterday, we were arrived quite late and we were too tired:yawn: so we played truth and dares and then sleep :xmasgrin:... Anyway onto Cader Idris!:yep:

Cader Idris
    We woke up quite early today :yay: surprisingly given we were knackered yesterday :yikes:. So it was approx. 1 hour drive from our location to Cader Idris :trytofly:. Initially, we were planning to book an accommodation at Ty'n y Berth Mountain Centre as its near :teeth: and so we could climb Cader Idris as it’s a great mountain to climb :smurf: and it’s the second highest peak in Wales. :silverwings: However, despite finding elsewhere to stay (at free of course! :excited:) we still decided to climb Cader Idris.:dumbells: :dumbells:

The weather was ok :cool:... ish; it was raining on the way up :colondollar:but the weather did get much better later on:clap2: and the view was absolutely incredible:chaplin:! I’ve been to Malvern Hills in Worcester and I found it brilliant but the satisfaction and the achievement you feel once you climb Cader Idris is beyond imagination!:bumps:

Climbing Cader Idris:

Cader Idris is 893m in height! Man, trying to climb that was a killer. :angelblush: I did regret not bringing my gloves with me as once we were towards the top, because it was so chilly my hands were freezing cold:confused::congrats:. (But I did have extra socks in my back pack just in case the socks I’m wearing get wet by the rain. So I used the socks as gloves:ahee::ahee: (Don’t worry! They were new.:^_^

It was unimaginable getting to the top, but there was a small section left until we got to the very top, I could see this in the distance and it didn’t look as hard. How wrong was I! The space to pass the little passage to get to the top was so small, it was very dangerous to pass :absinth:, so I tried to stay away from the edge but because the ridge is quite small, you just needed to be extra careful . As I climbing that section, my hands were already quite sweaty (as they are now whilst writing this!) and on top of that my friend in front said ‘It’s dangerous- be careful, one trip you’ll be over the edge’ :eek3::eek3:. At that moment, I could not go on:eek:- but because I was in the middle from the bottom and the top I found it more frightening to sit there :cry: (somehow feeling trapped and seeing the mountain just over me would panic me more :curious:) - so I did not care how long it delayed others, I crawled very slowly to the top :dong::dontknow:, hanging tightly onto the floor :facepalm:. A man from behind was nice- encouraging me to take my time, making me feel more relaxed! :five::hat2:

At the top of Cader Idris watching down to lake:

Once reaching the top, it was so unbearably cold, there was a hut at the top where I sat for a while :hahaha::frown: and then went out to take pictures… once again a must! :flower2:

We were definitely NOT going to take the same route down:noway::noway:. So we went down another route and somehow got lost,:nothing: but eventually found ourselves to the car-park.:p:

This took up the whole day and once we were back, I was too tired to complete another activity of my bucket list :yawn:. Sorry guys! :turtle:

Thanks for reading. :troll: :flybye:
    P.S. My friends and I are gone for 2 days and 2 nights- so we should be back tomorrow but it may be quite late! :top:

Spoiler:
    Show

Another activity complete!!!! :flip::elmo::elefant:

ReputationRep:
    Wales Trip Mini Update

Welcome!

Just a mini- toddler update! We are back from Wales. It was a fun trip back! We had songs in the background and of course food. It was only 3 of us as two of our friends decided to stay for a few another day to go mountain biking and skydiving! I would love to stay but it would mean my driving test is bright and early the very next day I’m back . So I couldn’t really risk it as I would also be missing out on a driving lesson tomorrow also. There is always room for jealousy of course given I would love to sky dive!

ReputationRep:

Hello again people! :wavey:

Righty o! Let’s start on languages. :albertein:

Urdu is a great language :yes:. I love Urdu- compared to Punjabi, its kind and polite . Speaking in Punjabi to someone comes across very harsh :yikes: in comparison to Urdu which is very calm and very polite. So I tend to stick to English when I’m asking favours to anyone!:youbetcha:

Here is the alphabet book of Urdu: sorry if its a bit shabby- its quite old :yucky:

I didn’t find this difficult as it’s the foundation of Urdu- which I think I should know! :wink:

I did a GCSE in Urdu- I got A*’s in Reading and Writing, however I got an E in Speaking (nervous + no second chance – teacher + a list
    of excuses :blah::topic:) and got a B overall. I find speaking my main difficulty without a doubt :sad:. My mum advised me as you are reading Urdu stories, you are speaking it and eventually it comes naturally to speak fluently :rolleyes:. My mum self-taught herself Urdu as she’s always had a strong passion in languages.

So I read this story above:rolleyes:, it was pretty cool which relates to Pakistani Independence Day (14th August) which wasn’t too long back :russia:. This specific story discussed how a boy called Halid celebrated his Independence Day whilst also teaching us the importance of Independence.:rock:

Personally, I think it’s really difficult to measure how well you are doing with Urdu in a set time :run:. I have been working on my Urdu for a while now :snow:. I try to learn vocabulary which is quite good but as I’m more of a Writing learner:stupido:- So I tend to write out vocabulary. However I do this before I go sleep every other night to keep me motivated to work on my Urdu rather than over-working my motivation level to the ground:stomp:. I think there has been some improvements since I am learning to mix and match words.:stupido2::smurf:

My worst habit with speaking Urdu is to make up words or bring in English into it which I tend to do quite a lot.:redface: For example:

‘Mere liye Pani ka glass lay aho please’ – So Here is a prime example: Glass or please.

Because this has been embedded in my mind I subconsciously say this without thinking:proud:- but I see there have been improvements as I’m concentrating on how I pronounce certain words and say alternative words to them.:popout:

Moving Forward

Learning Urdu isn’t a one-day thing. Reading and writing Urdu I find really easy but speaking is getting easier:puppyeyes:. Vocab have really helped me, so I will continue to use this.:five:

I have also started listening to mentors on Youtube which I think really helps since I’m also an auditory learner and I like when things are explained to me!:five::elefant:

Rule 1: Speak Urdu to parents not in Punjabi! :dots:

Spoiler:
    Show

ACTIVITY IS COMPLETED!!... I'm working towards to fluently speak urdu... or I could swallow the book and hope to become fluent overnight!! :crown: :cracker::cake:

ReputationRep:
    Tomorrow, I will be starting to make my Photography scrape book which I cannot wait for! Join me in tomorrows journey! Tomorrow should be interesting! I cannot wait as I have not tried this before.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emirates06)
    Tomorrow, I will be starting to make my Photography scrape book which I cannot wait for! Join me in tomorrows journey! Tomorrow should be interesting! I cannot wait as I have not tried this before.
    Scrapbooks are so much fun! I made one for my bucket list, too. I can't wait to see yours!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jinkx Monsoon)
    Scrapbooks are so much fun! I made one for my bucket list, too. I can't wait to see yours!!
    It should be interesting as I'm an outdoorsy person and haven't tried this. I think I saw yours in a blog, it looks so cool!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 2, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.