Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Emirates06's Summer Bucket List! Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:

Welcome. :hello:

Today I have started building the foundation of university experience! :hellloo: I have started collecting essentials for university. I have just over 1 month and 2 weeks to start planning for university. :innocent:

Let's admit, I'm not the most organised person in the world when it comes to planning. I nearly always may leave out the most essential thing or start planning too late :mute:, leaving me simply hopeless. So this time, I am coming in organised. :medieval:

First I created a checklist which I started creating today and I will add onto this each day and tick this off as I gather my things for university:

Spoiler:
    Show

I have however started buying my must have things like writing books and revision things:

Spoiler:
    Show

I still need to buy pens, colours and other stationary from online. I will also be taking books with me, fiction and non-fiction. :moon: The books here are do not directly link with my course, but I was gifted this by someone I know and I did start reading 'unlocking the mysteries to cancer' and its so interesting; so I will be taking this with me. I will be buying more books in the meantime as well lots and lots of things to add to the list. :ninja:

Spoiler:
    Show

Spoiler:
    Show

A great idea I thought is to see other checklist others have created online and add some things to my checklist that I may have forgot to add! :o:

So yep, let the preparations begin! :p:

P.s. I will also be taking movies, of course! I'm thinking about taking the hunger games to watch, I ABSOLUTELY LOVE hunger games!:nutcase: Is there anyone else who also loves hunger games? Let me know :party2:

:penguin::penguin::penguin::penguin::penguin::penguin::penguin::penguin::penguin::penguin::penguin::penguin::penguin:

ReputationRep:
    OFFICIAL COUNTDOWN!!

Two pending activities:

1. Make My family Smile
    2. Watch Wardogs

ReputationRep:

Last night I finally watched Wardogs.:badger: It remains a mystery why it took me so long to finally get around to finally watch Wardogs :bebored:. I think this may be because I am a more active physical person who loves to explore rather than sit to a movie:bee:; however with that being said I love Bollywood movies, so I think I need to reconsider my excuses!

But it’s a great movie! I loved Taken (1 and 2) and the hunger games, but this is definitely up there:awesome:. If you have not seen it, you need to go and watch it, it’s a great movie.:banana:

The movie starts with two guys who are start a small business, but later on they take advantage of the war in Iraq to make a few bucks… or shall we say a few million bucks! :bl:They go onto travel to Iraq with their contract signed to supply weapons!

Definitely something to watch!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    I heard someone mention The Hunger Games?

I love it - especially the books (So much so, I persuaded my English Teacher to let me study it for A level coursework)

ReputationRep:

Family

I love my family. They hold such a big importance in everything I do in anything in my life. :rolleyes:

Hearing my parents explain what they had to do and what they had to sacrifice to give us the lives we have makes me have so much gratitude and sympathy for them. :cry2:

And having my brothers and sisters is such a privilege in life; I feel sometimes I neglect to notice. They show me guidance in everything I do and they are always there when I need help. :grouphugs: I sometimes cannot help but think in Syria and elsewhere around the world where children’s are orphaned as their parents and families are tortured to death makes my heart-drop, the worst feeling ever.

Having a healthy family and all four healthy grandparents is what makes me so grateful and thankful to God :adore: :heart:and sometimes I fail to appreciate the role my Dad plays being the roots to the family tree and my Mum who is the stem holding us all together.

And my siblings and I are the branches on the tree, yes we grow in different directions, but our roots remain the same! :heart:

So I wanted to give something back to my family to make them smile. We often take our families for granted, but once they are no longer here, only then we realize how much of a importance they played in our lives…

Making my Family Smile!

My Parents

As it was Eid today, I gave money to my Dad and my Mum. I decided to also give my mum a back and leg massage- as she was busy all day getting everything ready for Eid. So I thought why not at the end of the day make her smile! :hat2:

My Brothers and Sisters

I know what my siblings love. So I decided to go town to buy my brothers and sisters individual presents (I started buying presents a few days ago to give on Eid day) :holly:

Youngest, 8 Year Old Sister- loves anything pink, so I decided to get her a pink lampshade- from Carboot for £2.50!

Spoiler:
    Show

My Elder sister- She loves Ladies Shemagh Scarves. So I decided to buy a Palestinian scarve (it is really big than the normal ones, but she loved it!).
    Spoiler:
    Show

My Brother- I decided to buy Body Wash – from Wilkinsons and a Diesel perfume set- from The Perfume Shop

Spoiler:
    Show

Spoiler:
    Show

My Brother- I bought Body Wash – from Wilkinsons and Hugo Boss perfume set - - from The Perfume Shop.

Spoiler:
    Show

Spoiler:
    Show

This was the first time; I have given something as a present on Eid day- and everyone were really grateful and chuffed :h:, especially my Mum! So, today was a roaring success! :gthumb:

Family :heart::hugs::heart:

The main question is did my family smile, because if they didn't it looks like my summer bucket list is incomplete! I wasn't looking but I could see the smiles from their heart!

ReputationRep:

Emirates06's Summer Bucket List Has Been Officially Completed.

Where do I begin? :daydreaming:The journey has been absolutely incredible :dance:. The competition is closing today, I just want to give a special thanks to TSR for hosting this and pushing me to complete these activities, to everyone who commented and to those who viewed my blogs! All these combined motivated me and pushed me to complete my Summer Bucket List Challenge. And I can now officially say I have completed it! And I am so happy at the moment! :dancing:

From writing my summer bucket list at the beginning of the competition to my final activity today, the journey has been incredible. :daydreaming:I remember when I was first writing the activities, and the fact this felt like a journey gave me this drive and determination to complete the activities.:dance:

I wanted to create a blog that I could keep track of everything I do. I wanted to push myself to go and do things that I never tried and I think to an extent I have tried ticking these off. Blogging has been great to say the least.

Come and Join as We have A World Tour Through The Activities We Have Achieved!

What I loved the most?

Without a doubt, this would be Plane-sighting at Heathrow. :rolleyes: The joy and feeling I felt when I saw planes take off was beyond anything I’d experienced. Since the age of 6 (my favourite number as we flew to Pakistan on an airplane the first time) my enthuasism and love for airplanes has grown so much to now! :ahee: So having the opportunity to directly experience the takeoff and landing of airplanes was a-mazing!:happy2:

What was the most educating and insightful?

Helping the poor. This was the first time I had actually gone out to help the poor, I know it wasn’t nothing amazing, but the aim was to step out of my comfort zone and help others as I haven’t done this before apart from putting a few pennies in a box here and there. And I have learnt to be grateful for everything I have, because the perception of what life is for us is very different to someone who is homeless :sad:.

What could I do better next time?

I think in regards to helping the poor- I wish I could have bought more food and drink and go to London somewhere, where there is a lot of hopeless and help the poor in the large-scale, but without a doubt this is something I will look to do in the future!:santa3:

What was the most exciting activity I did?

I think planning my trip with my friends to Wales for a few days was great.:russia: Climbing a mountain like Cader Idris was always something I’d like to do, so I am happy that I have completed this. :rofl:Also given the time we had in Wales, I am glad we were able to do this!

What was the biggest achievement?

Guys, I think we should all just take a moment to appreciate my dinner I made. :laugh: I think I worked near enough solely on it! And I did an incredible job of doing so as everyone loved the food. Same goes for the cake, everyone loved it! :rolleyes: So I am quite thrilled to gain back the respect and loyalty I’d once lost lol!

Do I regret anything from my bucket list?

At the moment I think I don’t because I gave it all I had and I took it on my own pace to ensure I complete everything to my best ability. So I don’t think I could have done anything differently, well or bad, it was the best I could do, so I am happy with anything. :bath:

Is this the final destination?

Of course not. I cannot wait to do this again next year as daily blogging has been a joyous adventure and it has been an incredibly amazing experience. So thank you all!:badger:

I wish the very best of luck to each and everyone who has entered, either way everyone yourselves a pat on the back for all our dedication and hardwork. :grouphugs:I’m just gonna give myself a pat on the back, so *pat pat*! . Either way, at the moment I am so happy to have completed all the activities! :gthumb:

Emirates A380 plane has landed at 23.59pm- Please see status Below:

We boarded the plane at the very start of the trip, kicking off a tour with a 3 week intense National Citizen Service expeditions and off we went boom! :groovy: We soured at high altitude around our daily activities, passing by the different destinations and ticking them off as we go by.:kungfu: There has been some stumbles and turbulence along the way, but we have made it to our final destination as scheduled! :train2:
    There were 29 activities on board. All 29 activities survived :yay:and we have made a successful landing, thank you for flying with emirates and I hope you have enjoyed your experience! :ymca:

Please collect all luggage at the conveyer belt in Terminal 4, we are currently facing delays, so please wait as results are revealed soon! :wizard:

Anyway in all seriousness, Thank you guys for your support and the blog journey/flight has been amazing! :grouphugs:

:flybye:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 2, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.