Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I don't feel emotions any more Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    No major event or childhood trauma. Over the last 2 years I've stopped feeling emotions like being sympathetic or feeling pain. Do you know what I mean?

ReputationRep:
    Bump

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skyewoods)
    No major event or childhood trauma. Over the last 2 years I've stopped feeling emotions like being sympathetic or feeling pain. Do you know what I mean?
    I haven't been able to cry for years and don't really feel happiness/sadness very strongly. I have no idea why you'd be like that unless there was continuous stress though, but you're not alone .

ReputationRep:
    Yup. Could be just maturing. Just who you are. Or perhaps depression, who knows. If it's a problem seek help maybe?

Is that a problem? For the most part of my life I haven't been able to feel much or anything.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    To some extent this is a normal part of growing up, but it can also be a sign of a mh issue (or developing one) like depression.
    It really depends on the extent and the best advice I can give on it is if it makes you feel uncomfortable and you don't think it's normal go have a chat with your GP.
    If you just think it's a little odd, but it doesn't actually have any real affect on you, it's probably just normal growing up and maturing.

You can also check out sites like mind.org and sane.org for info and advice on things like depression. They are aimed at people with the issue, but can also be helpful for avoiding it and for people who have some similar feelings, but no actual condition. Worth having a look.

MH issues do not need a traumatic event to cause them so it is entirely possible that somebody could develop one over time for no real reason. The best way to cope with mh issues is to avoid them in the first place so just have a think about how you are, if you feel like you need help etc and if you are concerned go see your GP.

Hope that helps

ReputationRep:
    you must be suffering from a psychological problem

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 25, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.