Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

So I've noticed I'm fine for SJT, decision making and abstract (depends how kind the exam is to me) but I'm freaking out over quantitative reasoning I think I'm seeing improvement on verbal reasoning but I'm really worried I'll score disgustingly low in quantitative reasoning which will affect my overall score.

Does anyone have any tips how to smash that section and know roughly how many questions I need to get right to get at least 600 in that section?

Also what was the average score enough to get an interview for queen mary and kings?

ReputationRep:
    I'm freaking out too, I'm horrible at VR and QR but all we can do till the test is practice and hope for the best. Hang in there. I'm not too sure about the scores tho sorry :/
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geniequeen48)
    Hi,

So I've noticed I'm fine for SJT, decision making and abstract (depends how kind the exam is to me) but I'm freaking out over quantitative reasoning I think I'm seeing improvement on verbal reasoning but I'm really worried I'll score disgustingly low in quantitative reasoning which will affect my overall score.

Does anyone have any tips how to smash that section and know roughly how many questions I need to get right to get at least 600 in that section?

Also what was the average score enough to get an interview for queen mary and kings?
    Hi there!

Don't be scared!

We've published some blogs on our top tips for QR and VR which you might find useful:

- UKCAT Verbal Reasoning Tips
    - UKCAT Quantitative Reasoning Tips

As for scores, you can find out how each medical school uses the UKCAT on our UKCAT Guide. And don't forget you can use our UKCAT Question Bank to practice!

But to summarise: our best tips for QR involve lots and lots of practice! Brush up on your mental maths and basic calculations like division, subtraction and multiplication and simple unit conversions - this will save you a lot of time. Make use of the whiteboard to write down key figures, and practise using the online calculator!

Hope this helps!
    The Medic Portal

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.