Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

My sad life Watch

Announcements

So...

Im 18 feel more lonely since i finished college.
    I've never had a girlfriend and feel miserable. Im kind mature boy. not a **** boy. I did meet a girl back in year 10 after speaking on facebook but backed out for other reasons. I just feel so bad. My friends have girlfriends and i see so many posts on instagram pages i follow regarding romance but it seems like i will never have one moment. I wont be going to university most likely so i feel even worse thinking i will die lonely. I have tried dating apps but no matches. i dont know what to do! it's not like im forcing myself to try get into a relationship with every girl but even if i do message a girl... i get curved without even saying anything rude or sounding like i want to get into there pants. Its so bad im thinking about going university just to increase my chances of getting a girlfriend. Im quite shy until i get to know the person properly but i feel like **** not having a girlfriend. i want someone to be there for me in tough situations and me being there for them. someone i could pour my love to them. what should i do

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    So...

I've never had a girlfriend and feel miserable. Im kind mature boy. not a **** boy. I did meet a girl back in year 10 after speaking on facebook but backed out for other reasons. I just feel so bad. My friends have girlfriends and i see so many posts on instagram pages i follow regarding romance but it seems like i will never have one moment. I wont be going to university most likely so i feel even worse thinking i will die lonely. I have tried dating apps but no matches. i dont know what to do! it's not like im forcing myself to try get into a relationship with every girl but even if i do message a girl... i get curved without even saying anything rude or sounding like i want to get into there pants. Its so bad im thinking about going university just to increase my chances of getting a girlfriend. Im quite shy until i get to know the person properly but i feel like **** not having a girlfriend. i want someone to be there for me in tough situations and me being there for them. someone i could pour my love to them. what should i do
    Don't feel down at all! There are plenty of opportunities to find someone. Stop looking on social media and feeling jealous about your friends- find something to do that you may enjoy. Who knows, you might meet someone. University should not be the place to find someone; not everyone that goes to uni ends up with a girlfriend/boyfriend, so you're not alone! Why don't you go out to clubs or bars to meet new people and enjoy yourself? Just wait for the right moment to come to you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    So...

I feel bad for you, I felt the exact same but don't worry your time will come, you just have to be patient

Never been to a club. I doubt it will be something I enjoy :/

(Original post by Shaunie3)
    Don't feel down at all!
    There are plenty of opportunities to find someone. Stop looking on social media and feeling jealous about your friends- find something to do that you may enjoy. Who knows, you might meet someone. University should not be the place to find someone; not everyone that goes to uni ends up with a girlfriend/boyfriend, so you're not alone! Why don't you go out to clubs or bars to meet new people and enjoy yourself? Just wait for the right moment to come to you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Social media can be such a useful source, but harmful, too. It lets people live their fantasy as well as make people envious of the lives other people are pretending to live. Don't pay attention to it - I'd recommend cutting down your use of it if it's having that type of effect.

Dating apps aren't the be all and end all. You should also take into account that if you let your happiness ride on one thing, you'll never fully have it. In this case it would seem that you feel this way about getting a girlfriend. Remember this, write it down, tattoo it on your forehead if you have to; the need for anything, gets in the way of everything.

As badly as you may want a girlfriend, you don't need one. Definitely not. You won't die.

One thing you should also do well to remember is that your value as a person should not be based on a certain outcome or event happening. Girlfriend or no girlfriend, you're awesome.

No one will love you unless you love yourself first and foremost.

Recall a burger and chips; self-love is the burger, the love from a significant other is the chips - without the chips, the burger will still be good and prove to be a substantial meal on its own.

ReputationRep:
    You’re only seeing the good side to relationships for a start, it will come with downsides too remember!

All you can do is focus on yourself, be your best, get out there and you’ll find someone. Personally I wouldn’t go clubbing, that’s where you go to get a one nighter. If you’re in it for the long term take your time. Some people seem to dodge the friend zone and get the girl they like others have to work through the friend zone to have a chance, the latter usually creating the better relationships
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Reporter Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    You're only 18. There's no rush to get a gf and you can extrapolate your short experience of trying to find a partner to the rest of your life. Be patient and try to work on your self confidence and esteem. You may well find that you'll have better luck at University.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 25, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.