Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys im currently living in wales, ive been taken on bsc course week ago to start this september , and i applied for loan to get it all paid.i did it last week.so basically in case its too late and they wont pay it for me im wondering if i pay it for myself and i apply next year again to get 2nd and 3rd year how to you think is it possible or will they do that? But i will send passport tomorrow and i hope it can be sorted before ;(. Best of regards!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arthurra)
    Hi guys im currently living in wales, ive been taken on bsc course week ago to start this september , and i applied for loan to get it all paid.i did it last week.so basically in case its too late and they wont pay it for me im wondering if i pay it for myself and i apply next year again to get 2nd and 3rd year how to you think is it possible or will they do that? But i will send passport tomorrow and i hope it can be sorted before ;(. Best of regards!
    If your course is valid for SFE, you will receive coverage equal to the length of your course plus one year. If your application was submitted late it will be processed, but naturally it will be later as they process as they come in and work through the backlog.

It's likely your funding will come in sometime after you start your course - once you begin the course you should notify your course provider so they can make a note on your profile that the funding will be delayed. The only reason you wouldn't receive a loan is if for some reason you were not eligible for one - for example the course you're pursuing an equivalent or lower level qualification than one you already possess.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by artful_lounger)
    If your course is valid for SFE, you will receive coverage equal to the length of your course plus one year. If your application was submitted late it will be processed, but naturally it will be later as they process as they come in and work through the backlog.

It's likely your funding will come in sometime after you start your course - once you begin the course you should notify your course provider so they can make a note on your profile that the funding will be delayed. The only reason you wouldn't receive a loan is if for some reason you were not eligible for one - for example the course you're pursuing an equivalent or lower level qualification than one you already possess.

Thanks for an answer, well, they have taken me on the course since i met the requirements so basically im sending my passport tomorrow and I will hope for the best, i also heard in case something happens i pay myself but next year i can apply for loan and they pay for year before and next year thank you anyway

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.