Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How old is too old to call your parents "mummy" and "daddy"? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Mum for me.
    Dad....well, I call him something else in another language - the equivalent of daddy :blushing:
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I call them by their names. Ma da's John fae Weybridge and ma maw's Chantelle fae Glesga
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Airmed)
    I call my daddy Daddy, we're not allowed to call him Dad. And I'm 20. :lol:

Michiyo me daddy is me daddy :awesome:
    'But he is me daddy :sad: ' - Airmed is too cute for life :love:

-------------

I did not call my parents mummy and daddy even when I was a child; it was rare for me to call them that. I have always called them mother/mum and father/dad.

ReputationRep:
    The three people I know who call their parents "mummy"/"daddy" are spoilt rich kids who have never had a job during sixth form/summer and have their uni fees/accommodation paid for.

ReputationRep:
    I call my parents mummy and daddy and most girls in my sixth form do the same.

(Original post by _princessxox)
    cos ur a rich spoilt brat x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _princessxox)
    That's because you're mummy & daddy's little princess..

quite literally, judging by your username.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ClearSky)
    Mum for me.
    Dad....well, I call him something else in another language - the equivalent of daddy :blushing:
    hmmm papi

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JordLndr)
    hmmm papi
    Papi? No way

ReputationRep:
    Papi? No way
    😂😂

ReputationRep:
    I don't think I ever called my dad or mum that, but my friend whose 17 still calls them daddy and mummy and it's perfectly fine. It's just another name.

ReputationRep:
    I call my mum by her government name, and I call my dad by his government name as well!

My sisters call my dad Papa though. And they call my mum Mere.

I'm 22 and call them Mummy and Daddy. :dontknow: It's just a name. I don't call them that in third person to anyone else though, unless I'm purposely putting on a posh voice.:lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm a fully fledged adult and I still call my dad daddy sometimes lol.. it's just automatic. I know a couple other girls who do and a boy who does it as a jokey kind of thing. Do you think there's an age limit?
    Nahh no age limit. My Daddy is my Daddy.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't call a parent mummy/daddy beyond junior school. Find it less weird when women call me daddy, rather than their actual fathers :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    I'm a 17 year old boy with Nigerian parents and it just felt weird to call them 'Mum' and 'Dad'. Whenever I tried, it felt disrespectful so I gave up trying. But when I'm with anyone else I will call them 'Mum' and 'Dad'.

ReputationRep:
    I'm a fully fledged adult and I still call my dad daddy sometimes lol.. it's just automatic. I know a couple other girls who do and a boy who does it as a jokey kind of thing. Do you think there's an age limit?
    who the FCK CALLS THE PARENTS MUMMY AND DADDY?

ReputationRep:
    says the guy with nigel farage as his profile pic
    Yep, your point?

ReputationRep:
    Papi? No way
    I do because he is half Italian, and papa in third person spoken English.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by usualsuspects)
    I do because he is half Italian, and papa in third person spoken English.
    I'm Asian tho xD

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 25, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.