The Student Room Group

How old is too old to call your parents "mummy" and "daddy"?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Airmed
I call my daddy Daddy, we're not allowed to call him Dad. And I'm 20. :lol:

@Michiyo me daddy is me daddy :awesome:

'But he is me daddy :sad: ' - Airmed is too cute for life :love:

-------------

I did not call my parents mummy and daddy even when I was a child; it was rare for me to call them that. I have always called them mother/mum and father/dad.
I call my parents mummy and daddy and most girls in my sixth form do the same.
Original post by _princessxox

cos ur a rich spoilt brat x
Original post by _princessxox

That's because you're mummy & daddy's little princess..

quite literally, judging by your username.
Original post by ClearSky
Mum for me.
Dad....well, I call him something else in another language - the equivalent of daddy :blushing:

hmmm papi
Original post by JordLndr
hmmm papi

Papi? No way :K:

😂😂
I don't think I ever called my dad or mum that, but my friend whose 17 still calls them daddy and mummy and it's perfectly fine. It's just another name.
I call my mum by her government name, and I call my dad by his government name as well!

My sisters call my dad Papa though. And they call my mum Mere.
I'm 22 and call them Mummy and Daddy. :dontknow: It's just a name. I don't call them that in third person to anyone else though, unless I'm purposely putting on a posh voice.:lol:
Original post by Anonymous
I'm a fully fledged adult and I still call my dad daddy sometimes lol.. it's just automatic. I know a couple other girls who do and a boy who does it as a jokey kind of thing. Do you think there's an age limit?

Nahh no age limit. My Daddy is my Daddy.
I'm a 17 year old boy with Nigerian parents and it just felt weird to call them 'Mum' and 'Dad'. Whenever I tried, it felt disrespectful so I gave up trying. But when I'm with anyone else I will call them 'Mum' and 'Dad'.
I'm a fully fledged adult and I still call my dad daddy sometimes lol.. it's just automatic. I know a couple other girls who do and a boy who does it as a jokey kind of thing. Do you think there's an age limit?

who the FCK CALLS THE PARENTS MUMMY AND DADDY?
says the guy with nigel farage as his profile pic

Yep, your point?
Reply 54

I do because he is half Italian, and papa in third person spoken English.
Original post by usualsuspects
I do because he is half Italian, and papa in third person spoken English.

I'm Asian tho xD
Reply 56
True, that's me and my friends for sure.
Nothing wrong with not working for money during your youth and having caring parents.
I call them father and mother most of the time. Though my accent is a bit "Estuary" so it sounds like I'm doing it for a laugh, I imagine it'd sound a bit off if I was posh. I never call them mother or father in properly serious conversation.
Why? U shouldn’t stop it’s a name jeez. My eldest daughter is 13 and she calls me mummy or mum. And her dad the same thing. When ur an adult it can be the same thing. Call them what u feel most comfortable with.
I would say after the start of menses (for females) and whatever the male equivalent is for males. Unless you’re one of the aristocracy or you’re doing it ironically it’s a little bit weird

Quick Reply