The Student Room Group

Teenage Indian muslim murdered for dating Arab muslim.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by satisfactionatlast
Islam has nothing to do with this tragedy. It's an Indian cultural thing where they like to preserve their culture by marrying into their people only and don't go for others outside their culture.

You think an ideology that stems from their culture that opresses women and views them as second class citizens contributed nothing to the brutal killing and rape of this women? Ok. Let's just sweep the problem under the carpet.
So you're saying you hate Muslims because of what one taxi driver said? -_-

When did i say I hate Muslims? I said I can understand where people's hate for Muslims come from but never did I say i hate them lol.

I don't hate them, what I hate is trying to force your beliefs on other people and not acknowledging that some people may have different beliefs.
Original post by Cubone-r
I will be clear here. I do not hate Muslims personally. What I do vehemently dislike is the backward ideology of Islam, which should be reformed (much like Christianity was).

Just a question for you to think about. You don't even need to give me an answer. If you claim that Christianity is the one true religion and it's so perfect, then why was it reformed? Wait, don't answer that. You would probably tell me that it's to adapt to the modern world, correct? If so, then why didn't God 'reform' it from the beginning (since he's perfect) making Christianity so perfect that it would apply in all times, not just in the past? :rolleyes:
Reply 23
Original post by bobby147
They probably murdered her because she was dating a non-Indian or someone not approved,pretty sad honour killings still happen.

That was the reason why she was murdered :frown: I think Indians look down on you if you marry a non-indian
Yes, but in what other culture or religion that exists within the UK are honour killings rampant?

Honour killings are more of a cultural than a religious issue tbh.
They are quiet frequent in South East Asia and the Middle East.
It does not really depend on religion,they happen in Hindus,Christian and muslim communities.
In my parents home country of Nigeria and really throughout Sub Suharan Africa and south,honour killings are unheard of ,regardless of religion.
Widney brown,director of human rights,said the practice goes "across cultures and across religions".
Original post by trapking
When did i say I hate Muslims? I said I can understand where people's hate for Muslims come from but never did I say i hate them lol.

I don't hate them, what I hate is trying to force your beliefs on other people and not acknowledging that some people may have different beliefs.

Well the same could be said about Jews, Christians, and anyone else forcing their religion down people's throats. :smile:
Original post by loveleest
That was the reason why she was murdered :frown: I think Indians look down on you if you marry a non-indian

^This.
Racism in the Asian community when a non-Asian marries an Asian is quite common,I have heard many horror stories.
Honour killings are more of a cultural than a religious issue tbh.
They are quiet frequent in South East Asia and the Middle East.
It does not really depend on religion,they happen in Hindus,Christian and muslim communities.
In my parents home country of Nigeria and really throughout Sub Suharan Africa and south,honour killings are unheard of ,regardless of religion.
Widney brown,director of human rights,said the practice goes "across cultures and across religions".

In that case, I stand corrected. However, those cultures and practices have no place in our society and should be met with the full force of the law.
Reply 28
^This.
Racism in the Asian community when a non-Asian marries an Asian is quite common,I have heard many horror stories.

I haven't heard horror stories. Although I have had Indian friends in the past that said their family would disown them
Well the same could be said about Jews, Christians, and anyone else forcing their religion down people's throats. :smile:

You've just reiterated my point :smile:

I don't force ideologies on people and I don't agree with the people who do exactly that.
Reply 30

Good thing I stopped dating that girl then :redface:
Just a question for you to think about. You don't even need to give me an answer. If you claim that Christianity is the one true religion and it's so perfect, then why was it reformed? Wait, don't answer that. You would probably tell me that it's to adapt to the modern world, correct? If so, then why didn't God 'reform' it from the beginning (since he's perfect) making Christianity so perfect that it would apply in all times, not just in the past? :rolleyes:

He didn't reform it himself because he simply doesn't exist. People have to reform their own made-up beliefs because some entity in the sky is not going to do it for them, obviously. :smile:
Reply 32
Original post by UWS
Good thing I stopped dating that girl then :redface:

Shame :frown: Her family didn't approve?
In that case, I stand corrected. However, those cultures and practices have no place in our society and should be met with the full force of the law.

I haven't heard horror stories. Although I have had Indian friends in the past that said their family would disown them

Pictures of the victim have now been put up,it is pretty distressing when you see the face behind the news story.
Reply 34
Shame :frown: Her family didn't approve?

I think her parents were really chill, but things just didn't work out... I do think some Indian parents are okay with it I guess, I'm one of the lucky few to have survived to tell the tale :lol:
Pictures of the victim have now been put up,it is pretty distressing when you see the face behind the news story.

At the end of the day a person has been murdered unnecessarily. Very sad indeed.
Reply 36
Original post by UWS
I think her parents were really chill, but things just didn't work out... I do think some Indian parents are okay with it I guess, I'm one of the lucky few to have survived to tell the tale :lol:

I've never met an Indian okay with it, that's a shock.
Reply 37

So you know people that have died? :redface: that's crazy.
Reply 38
Original post by trapking
He was correct about the bible having many versions I agree on that (that didn't offend me) but to say that what he believes in is correct and everything else out there is wrong is what offended me. He did not show respect for people with different beliefs to him e.g Christians, Atheists etc etc.

For every radical Muslim like that, you get a racical christians. Plenty of annoying jeovah witnesses around me.
Reply 39
I've never met an Indian okay with it, that's a shock.

Let's say my life wasn't in danger :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending