Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Teenage Indian muslim murdered for dating Arab muslim. Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cubone-r)
    At the end of the day a person has been murdered unnecessarily. Very sad indeed.
    As such a violent one as well,I could barely read what happened.I hoped the people who did this get locked up for life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loveleest)
    So you know people that have died? that's crazy.
    Me?Oh no,thank goodness !
    I just read from online forums and stuff of people being disowned by their families and or lovers being killed.
    There is something called the love commandos in India,which help lovers escape from their families who intimidate or threaten them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    Let's say my life wasn't in danger
    Thank fully you are alright lol

ReputationRep:
    For every radical Muslim like that, you get a racical christians. Plenty of annoying jeovah witnesses around me.
    Funny you mention Jehovah witnesses,interesting article about them in the bbc this morning
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-40704990

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bobby147)
    Me?Oh no,thank goodness !
    I just read from online forums and stuff of people being disowned by their families and or lovers being killed.
    There is something called the love commandos in India,which help lovers escape from their families who intimidate or threaten them.
    Yeah, the person in a relationship with them also have life in danger too. So scary so I would rather not get involved.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by satisfactionatlast)
    Just a question for you to think about. You don't even need to give me an answer. If you claim that Christianity is the one true religion and it's so perfect, then why was it reformed? Wait, don't answer that. You would probably tell me that it's to adapt to the modern world, correct? If so, then why didn't God 'reform' it from the beginning (since he's perfect) making Christianity so perfect that it would apply in all times, not just in the past? :rolleyes:
    I can't fully answer your question e.g. the part about God but this should help.

The Bible is made up of the Old and New Testament. The Old Testament contains Jewish Law which pre-exists Jesus. The New Testament contains Jesus' teachings etc. Christians generally believe by believing in Jesus Christ you don't need to follow the Old Law. It's complicated as there's a range of teachings supporting and contradicting this. Romans 10:4 is one bible verse supporting this. Also, Jesus had teachings which overcame Jewish laws and cultural beliefs e.g. Turn the other cheek instead of an eye for an eye, he stopped an adulterer being stoned which would have been right according to the Old Testament. In my opinion, this is a major reformation which separates Christianity from Judaism and is generally more in line with today's thinking. Jesus also taught the greatest commandment to follow is "Love thy neighbour as yourself ...".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ladymusiclover)
    R.I.P Celine. This makes me sick to my stomach. And he raped then murdered her. WTH. How religious of him. Honour Killings in my opinion and in this instance is a mixture of cultural and religious beliefs. Obviously, it's not just Muslims who experience this.
    I highly doubt in this particular instance religion had any part of it. Most instances honour killings are cultural. Never the less, very sad story.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Enginerd.)
    I highly doubt in this particular instance religion had any part of it. Most instances honour killings are cultural. Never the less, very sad story.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    In Islam, you're not supposed to have a boyfriend/girlfriend. So that may have been a factor.

ReputationRep:
    For every radical Muslim like that, you get a racical christians. Plenty of annoying jeovah witnesses around me.
    Can't remember the last time a jehovah witness tried to turn someone into a suicide bomber or kill non-believers, or threaten someone with death if they didn't convert.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ladymusiclover)
    In Islam, you're not supposed to have a boyfriend/girlfriend. So that may have been a factor.
    Islam doesn't then allow you to kill said gf/bf, probably in some warped mentality the guilty party tried to justify it on religion.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Islam has nothing to do with this tragedy. It's a cultural thing where Indians like to preserve their culture by marrying into their people only and don't go for others outside their culture.
    Yet when British people [ or German people, or Australian people ] want to preserve THEIR culture they're labelled racist. SMH.

ReputationRep:
    Just a question for you to think about. You don't even need to give me an answer. If you claim that Christianity is the one true religion and it's so perfect, then why was it reformed? Wait, don't answer that. You would probably tell me that it's to adapt to the modern world, correct? If so, then why didn't God 'reform' it from the beginning (since he's perfect) making Christianity so perfect that it would apply in all times, not just in the past? :rolleyes:
    Don't you dare try and stain the name of Christianity when you follow the false, infidel religion of Islam. Us Christians don't believe the Bible is the complete word of God and most of it was written by men so we're not constrained to believe it's perfect for all times. Such a viewpoint is very stupid indeed and makes Islam laughable. We change and so do our values, fact. A successful religion is one that can keep up with that and adapt, not one forever stuck in the past.

Jesus' message is universal and timeless: "love one another, love your enemies and have faith in me", that's it. Believing in Jesus' divinity is all you need to do to be a Christian, none of the tedious and pointless rituals required in your incorrect ideology.

All glory and praise belongs to our Lord Jesus Christ, maker of heaven and earth, of all things visible and invisible! Hosanna in the highest heavens to the king of the universe, Jesus!

ReputationRep:
    Why are the religions in the title? We the daily mail here?

This has nothing todo with religion, but everything todo with culture.

Indian and Arab culture are very much like this. All about their pride and dignity, pffff

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Enginerd.)
    Islam doesn't then allow you to kill said gf/bf, probably in some warped mentality the guilty party tried to justify it on religion.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I know that. But he may have used the fact that she was disobeying a certain teaching and dating outside of their culture to fulfil his messed up mind. Hope they get a long prison sentence.

ReputationRep:
    Being an Indian myself, you are expected to marry someone from the same cultural background. India has diverse culture so this actually means I will have to marry someone from the same state as me. It's not good enough to just marry an Indian. I'm from the Punjab state and so will be expected to marry someone from Punjab.

That said, I absolutely do not condone honour killings either.

ReputationRep:
    Because God gave people free will, to decide what they want to believe or not. The messages were delivered by Jesus Christ. Supposedly Jesus was sent because the world was very sinful and heading in the wrong direction. The laws of the Ten Commandments were not being followed. The ones who were there first hand and heard it for themselves from Jesus spread it. Then some of them wrote down what they saw and heard in a series of books, which over time were all put together to make one book [ The Bible]. He said how blessed they were to hear his message, but that the ones who would come after him would be even more so, if they haven't seen and heard from Jesus' own mouth or indirectly through his disciples, and yet still believe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jesus = Only God)
    Don't you dare try and stain the name of Christianity when you follow the false, infidel religion of Islam. Us Christians don't believe the Bible is the complete word of God and most of it was written by men so we're not constrained to believe it's perfect for all times. Such a viewpoint is very stupid indeed and makes Islam laughable. We change and so do our values, fact. A successful religion is one that can keep up with that and adapt, not one forever stuck in the past.

Jesus' message is universal and timeless: "love one another, love your enemies and have faith in me", that's it. Believing in Jesus' divinity is all you need to do to be a Christian, none of the tedious and pointless rituals required in your incorrect ideology.

All glory and praise belongs to our Lord Jesus Christ, maker of heaven and earth, of all things visible and invisible! Hosanna in the highest heavens to the king of the universe, Jesus!
    How exactly is one of these changes decided? Unless you saw god and he told you that 'x' religion is correct I don't see how you can call another religion incorrect?

ReputationRep:
    This makes me so angry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jesus = Only God)

Erm, Jesus didn't "make" Heaven and earth and everything else. God did.

ReputationRep:
    beyond ****ed up

(Original post by Cubone-r)
    "Religion of Peace" as long as you marry the right person...
    are you illiterate? they were both muslims

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.