Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Teenage Indian muslim murdered for dating Arab muslim. Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loveleest)
    ermmm just saw this now but I dont care.
    Do you know how many radical ****ing annoying christians tell me to go church or else I will burn in hell?
    How many?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cubone-r)
    . However, the issue is real and does need to be discussed so we can put in place preventative policy.
    What could prevent it though? They aren't scared about going to prison, their "honour" is the most important thing. Going to prison for having their own daughter killed is probably seen as honourable to them. Their whole culture is different to the west - what's most important to them is the standing of the family in society, not the happiness of the individual.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meany Pie)
    How many?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Lots...I unfortunately live in a area with lots of jeovah witnesses. So around 10 ish in my lifetime.

ReputationRep:
    Apparently it wasn't actually an honour killing, just a random attack. Makes more sense cause the article didn't even provide evidence for it being an honour killing or even state how the person who killed her is related to her

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loveleest)
    Lots...I unfortunately live in a area with lots of jeovah witnesses. So around 10 ish in my lifetime.
    That does sound too bad really, 10 in a lifetime.

My great aunt often tell me that I'm going to hell... but she is a catholic nun.

ReputationRep:
    Fake news. There is definitely evidence of digital manipulation in the photo of that teenage girl. All these terror and anti muslim events are zionist/military-security fabrications.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NoMoreSmartGrid)
    Fake news. There is definitely evidence of digital manipulation in the photo of that teenage girl. All these terror and anti muslim events are zionist/military-security fabrications.
    (Original post by teenhorrorstory)
    Apparently it wasn't actually an honour killing, just a random attack. Makes more sense cause the article didn't even provide evidence for it being an honour killing or even state how the person who killed her is related to her
    I think I read it somewhere. The media are sick for making up a story like this. But the situation is still extremely upsetting hwoever.

ReputationRep:
    In that case, I stand corrected. However, those cultures and practices have no place in our society and should be met with the full force of the law.
    A lot of SE Asia, ME and Africa, including Hindu's, Sikhs and Christians. It is very much a nasty cultural thing. I mean I heard of a report where a girl was raped by her brothers, so her mother asked her to kill herself to protect the families honour. She didn't want to, so when she was sleeping, she just suffocated her with a pillow to death . How that could be inspired by a religion is anyone's guess!

Some communities are all about reputation and face, honour killings is one aspect (a disgusting one at that), there are many other bad traits in those communities, some which are just as oppressive to males as to females. We have a high suicide rate in SE Asia (particularly India) due to academic pressures
    put on youth, again,simply for enhancing the families standing in the community.

A lot of students are pigeonholed to follow certain professions and even the guys will be forced to marry certain people, to again you guessed it, enhance the standing of the family.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bobby147)
    Honour killings are more of a cultural than a religious issue tbh.
    They are quiet frequent in South East Asia and the Middle East.
    It does not really depend on religion,they happen in Hindus,Christian and muslim communities.
    In my parents home country of Nigeria and really throughout Sub Suharan Africa and south,honour killings are unheard of ,regardless of religion.
    Widney brown,director of human rights,said the practice goes "across cultures and across religions".
    Honor killing happen though out South America they called crimes of passion were a woman is killed for having a boyfriend, adultery etc.

ReputationRep:
    While it may not be apart of your culture, it certainly is apart of a lot of Asian and Middle-Eastern countries. Even in the UK it is estimated that there are around 3,000 incidents of violent honor-related crime each year and is on the rise (http://ikwro.org.uk/2011/12/03/nearl...ear-in-the-uk/).
    Does honor base violent include white British atheists who hate their teenage son being gay and are violent to him because they believe he brought shame on the family.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    So sad. Does love have to be racist, religion intolerant, homophobic? Love has no labels.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by looloo2134)
    Does honor base violent include white British atheists who hate their teenage son being gay and are violent to him because they believe he brought shame on the family.
    I have never heard of a gay son being mudered by his white British atheists parents for being gay.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by teenhorrorstory)
    Some reports say apparently it was the girls step uncle so still kinda family.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by looloo2134)
    Honor killing happen though out South America they called crimes of passion were a woman is killed for having a boyfriend, adultery etc.
    South America is a 3rd world shithole like South Asia.

ReputationRep:
    In that case, I stand corrected. However, those cultures and practices have no place in our society and should be met with the full force of the law.
    You're honor killings should not be part of our societies?

Hmm... I dunno dude agree 2 disagree?

ReputationRep:
    The word of the father is final.

ReputationRep:
    RIP to the women Why do some people have to be so disgustingly backwards? There's nothing wrong with marrying/ dating someone who is a different ethnicity or comes from a different cultural background because in the end we are all humans and not effing alpacas!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarahsez)
    Some reports say apparently it was the girls step uncle so still kinda family.
    Step uncle?? That's ridiculous. He still might not have killed her for the sake of family 'honour' though. That's what her close family are saying

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarahsez)
    I have never heard of a gay son being mudered by his white British atheists parents for being gay.
    It happen the young man murder would be recorded as child abuse or as the victim of domestic abuse.

ReputationRep:
    Poor girl. She was so beautiful and she must have been so terrified. RIP x

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.