Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

One night stand regret Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Judge Jules)
    I'm just sick of men who use women for one night stands that's all, why can't men learn to go on a proper date or even better if they do have one night stands and he likes the girl arrange to meet up again. What's wrong with men asking the girl out again after the one night stand. Men always think the thrill of the chase has gone if the girl gives it up too soon but they never gave it a chance or they think just because a girl slept with them the first night that she's a **** and she will cheat on them but that's not necessarily true. Any man who spends their life going on one night stands will soon find out how lonely it is when they can't get any more girls into bed and they can't get a proper girlfriend either because girls reject them

Girls/women are insecure and not as confident as they pretend to be that's why they have one night stands. Most of them do want to see the men again but their not going to admit it especially if the man says first that it was only fun and they should just remain friends which really means he is politely telling her that he won't Shag her again and does not want a relationship either or he sneaks out of the room while she's asleep and the girls just agree because they don't want them to know their upset.
    Men are such Prince Charming's.

Girls have one night stands because they are insecure and always have to copy everything men do and think they have to act like men like drinking lager from a pint glass, swearing, being aggressive/ violent, cheating on their partners, burping or farting in public, etc, etc
    Whatever happened to Classy Ladies who do not jump into bed with men on the first date ?
    Boys/Men have one night stands because they think girls were only put on earth to be used for sex and girls who give it up too easily are disposable and not worth anything
    I'm going a bit deep here but men should learn to have some respect for themselves and girls by not trying to get them into bed on the first night, take a girl on a proper date and if a girl initiates the one night stand just say No

What planet am I on ?
    I can speak, well if not from first-hand personal experience, then certainly second-hand experiences that there's numerous girls out there who are only after ONSs/NSA sex. This number isn't as high as men so they'll always be more guys on the prowl than women, especially on places like nightclubs & on apps like Tinder. If that's what both participants are interested in then fair enough. Let them do what they want.

I'm certainly more of the romantic chap - I much prefer to wine & dine for at least a few dates. That actually didn't happen with my current girlfriend though:
    we spent our first date in a 24hr bar generally getting a bit drunk & discussing life experiences. It lasted 10hrs as we enjoyed each other's company so much & finished with some rather heavy petting in the car park afterwards. I admit that doesn't sound very classy; we're both in our mid-twenties & have been in long-term relationships before so we're not exactly novices either.
    We had sex on the second date (she came around to mine) which I didn't expect & certainly didn't ask for. We're still going strong now though over three months in. I must have told her I loved her within a month of dating. We've done much more romantic activities since, such as going to Disneyland, Universal Studios etc & to some rather upmarket restaurants.

Different relationships can start in different ways. I imagine most one night stands don't lead to a long term relationship but if they do then fair enough.

ReputationRep:
    You should learn to understand things properly by understanding that everybody has their own opinion and I don't have to agree with yours so I don't know why your getting your knickers in a twist for.
    Until he explains why he won't/can't see her again I can make as many assumptions as I like.
    Thanks for your concern though
    Yes: and when you wilfully disrupt someone's perfectly legitimate enquiry with successive, unprovoked onslaughts of comically overblown vitriol, then proceed to deflect others' quite reasonable protests by doubling-down on said nonsensical (not to mention, broadly sexist) vendetta, the entirely justified collective opinion will be that you are, at best, a sanctimonious imbecile, and at worst, pathologically unhinged.

Kindly pipe down.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tempest II)
    I can speak, well if not from first-hand personal experience, then certainly second-hand experiences that there's numerous girls out there who are only after ONSs/NSA sex. This number isn't as high as men so they'll always be more guys on the prowl than women, especially on places like nightclubs & on apps like Tinder. If that's what both participants are interested in then fair enough. Let them do what they want.

I'm certainly more of the romantic chap - I much prefer to wine & dine for at least a few dates. That actually didn't happen with my current girlfriend though:
    we spent our first date in a 24hr bar generally getting a bit drunk & discussing life experiences. It lasted 10hrs as we enjoyed each other's company so much & finished with some rather heavy petting in the car park afterwards. I admit that doesn't sound very classy; we're both in our mid-twenties & have been in long-term relationships before so we're not exactly novices either.
    We had sex on the second date (she came around to mine) which I didn't expect & certainly didn't ask for. We're still going strong now though over three months in. I must have told her I loved her within a month of dating. We've done much more romantic activities since, such as going to Disneyland, Universal Studios etc & to some rather upmarket restaurants.

Different relationships can start in different ways. I imagine most one night stands don't lead to a long term relationship but if they do then fair enough.

That's what I like to hear that there are some decent men in the world that will give some girls a chance even though they gave in too soon and didn't just drop them
    Not every girl is going to act classy but there's nothing wrong with that.
    I was just using some particular words to wind people up because I know they'll hate it and the people who will be most offended are the ones who have one night stands.
    I saw this video of that singer from Maroon 5 who was talking on the Howard Stern radio show that after a gig he went to a restaurant and had a one night stand with the waitress. They went to a hotel but he arranged to meet her again the next night and they ended up in a relationship for 1 year.
    I thought it was a really nice story So that was my point that more men should give girls a chance although I do know maybe some girls don't want anything more than a one night stand but most girls do want more.

ReputationRep:
    just remind him that your sperm will always be on her face and it cannot be washed off

ReputationRep:
    It's so obvious your single
    How can I be a coward just because I don't have one night stands ? What a childish statement and I am not going to shut the **** up
    You sound like a loser by saying no one has an obligation to take somebody on a second date, I never said they had to I just said it would be nice if they gave the girls a chance and some men do not tell girls it's a one night thing, they don't discuss it at all then the girl only finds out when the bloke got what he wanted and judged her for doing exactly what he did then she gets dumped
    Grow up and stop generalising and stop throwing your dummy out the pram just because I have an opinion and you don't like it.
    I mean you literally said that girls/women are insecure. Where have I generalised?
    You even said that the guy said first that they only want fun and to remain friends. But now you're claiming that it's being mislead.
    And why are you insulting me for being single? So what? I don't really want to be in a relationship currently. Do you think that people that have lost their virginity are better than virgins as you used this as an insult to another user. What if somebody lost their virginity to one of these one night stands that you despise?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AspiringUnderdog)
    I mean you literally said that girls/women are insecure. Where have I generalised?
    You even said that the guy said first that they only want fun and to remain friends. But now you're claiming that it's being mislead.
    And why are you insulting me for being single? So what? I don't really want to be in a relationship currently. Do you think that people that have lost their virginity are better than virgins as you used this as an insult to another user. What if somebody lost their virginity to one of these one night stands that you despise?

You just wouldn't let it lie.
    I'm not here to help you have an argument , I have a right to my own opinion whether you agree with it or not
    Your obviously upset because you just use people for one night stands
    Any girl/woman who allows men to use them for sex on a one night stand which allows men to only see them as sluts and call them these things to their friends and these men have no respect for any girls for participating in one night stands and sleeping with them. You know this. If you slept with a girl the first night would you respect her afterwards ? And the answer is No, you'd be paranoid that she will do it with every man
    Girls who do this are just lonely, insecure and definitely not confident
    I don't know what the hell your on about because clearly I'm not talking about all men leading them on I said some men do this

ReputationRep:
    You just wouldn't let it lie.
    I'm not here to help you have an argument , I have a right to my own opinion whether you agree with it or not
    Your obviously upset because you just use people for one night stands
    Any girl/woman who allows men to use them for sex on a one night stand which allows men to only see them as sluts and call them these things to their friends and these men have no respect for any girls for participating in one night stands and sleeping with them. You know this. If you slept with a girl the first night would you respect her afterwards ? And the answer is No, you'd be paranoid that she will do it with every man
    Girls who do this are just lonely, insecure and definitely not confident
    I don't know what the hell your on about because clearly I'm not talking about all men leading them on I said some men do this
    Pfft I'm a virgin and I even rejected a girl that liked me when some of my friends that I should've just used her for dirty stuff. But I thought that that was wrong and didn't want to.
    Stop pretending that you can figure things out about others you need to be able to see and hear my way of talking to make some logical judgement which could still be wrong.
    Having a one night stand doesn't mean you think that the girl is a slut. Why can't you respect them after having sex? You're just making generalised statements without any evidence. And usually when people do this stuff they didn't know each other before the date or after the date so really neither of them care.
    If you think that sex on the first date is reason to be paranoid then either party could feel this and it's both people's fault for being easy at that point. But I really don't see why someone should care if they weren't going to stay together anyway.
    You did imply that all men do this, especially with your initial assumption in this thread.
    Also, if you insult or make assumptions about my personality again I won't answer because that has nothing to do with the debate.

ReputationRep:
    Pfft I'm a virgin and I even rejected a girl that liked me when some of my friends that I should've just used her for dirty stuff. But I thought that that was wrong and didn't want to.
    Stop pretending that you can figure things out about others you need to be able to see and hear my way of talking to make some logical judgement which could still be wrong.
    Having a one night stand doesn't mean you think that the girl is a slut. Why can't you respect them after having sex? You're just making generalised statements without any evidence. And usually when people do this stuff they didn't know each other before the date or after the date so really neither of them care.
    If you think that sex on the first date is reason to be paranoid then either party could feel this and it's both people's fault for being easy at that point. But I really don't see why someone should care if they weren't going to stay together anyway.
    You did imply that all men do this, especially with your initial assumption in this thread.
    Also, if you insult or make assumptions about my personality again I won't answer because that has nothing to do with the debate.

If you didn't want to use a girl for a one night stand what are you having a go at me for?
    And I can figure stuff out about others because I hit the nail on the head about being a virgin, being single, only people who respond back with insults get upset about my opinions because they use girls for sex or are planning to one day, etc so I really hit a nerve there
    You can't dictate to me that I must not insult you when you and that other idiot insulted me first. If you insult people first don't expect them to be nice back to you
    I got a warning for it so i hope you and the first idiot who insulted me got warnings too because both of your insults were far worse and totally uncalled for,
    instead of just saying you disagree with me and telling about your experience you and the other one replied instantly with insults.

It's a cowardly thing to report people which I never do when people insult me but I could have done instead of replying back but you think that just because I don't agree with one night stands and won't do it myself because I have respect for myself that makes me a coward.
    You can't control how I think and get angry about expressing my opinion as if you think only yours matters.

I don't care if other girls have one night stands because it's their choice but my point was that I just wish more girls would say No to one night stands if they don't really like the girl or don't want a relationship because boys/men like you have no respect for them for doing it and the proof is in your friends telling you to use a girl. If a girl does it men will always talk about them in a bad way for doing it and there's nothing wrong with a boy/man just taking a girl on one date first instead of just jumping straight into bed with them.
    If you've never even had a one night stand before what are you getting your briefs/boxer shorts in a twist for ?
    And I don't need any evidence as these are things that actually happen

ReputationRep:
    If you didn't want to use a girl for a one night stand what are you having a go at me for?
    And I can figure stuff out about others because I hit the nail on the head about being a virgin, being single, only people who respond back with insults get upset about my opinions because they use girls for sex or are planning to one day, etc so I really hit a nerve there
    You can't dictate to me that I must not insult you when you and that other idiot insulted me first. If you insult people first don't expect them to be nice back to you
    I got a warning for it so i hope you and the first idiot who insulted me got warnings too because both of your insults were far worse and totally uncalled for,
    instead of just saying you disagree with me and telling about your experience you and the other one replied instantly with insults.

It's a cowardly thing to report people which I never do when people insult me but I could have done instead of replying back but you think that just because I don't agree with one night stands and won't do it myself because I have respect for myself that makes me a coward.
    You can't control how I think and get angry about expressing my opinion as if you think only yours matters.

I don't care if other girls have one night stands because it's their choice but my point was that I just wish more girls would say No to one night stands if they don't really like the girl or don't want a relationship because boys/men like you have no respect for them for doing it and the proof is in your friends telling you to use a girl. If a girl does it men will always talk about them in a bad way for doing it and there's nothing wrong with a boy/man just taking a girl on one date first instead of just jumping straight into bed with them.
    If you've never even had a one night stand before what are you getting your briefs/boxer shorts in a twist for ?
    And I don't need any evidence as these are things that actually happen
    I didn't report you I also got a warning. I wasn't being insulting I just said that you were.
    I just don't appreciate that you de-railed this thread to attack the thread starter with assumptions that you don't even know are true. You literally could just ask them and if they were true you would be in reason to be somewhat annoyed.
    You've basically just missed the whole point of the thread just to make a rant none of what you've said is actually relevant to the thread, the OP never called the girl a slut or mocked her in fact he actually said good things about her.
    Since you need to have a one night stand to want to comment on this can I assume that you're salty about a one night stand of your own?

ReputationRep:
    I didn't report you I also got a warning. I wasn't being insulting I just said that you were.
    I just don't appreciate that you de-railed this thread to attack the thread starter with assumptions that you don't even know are true. You literally could just ask them and if they were true you would be in reason to be somewhat annoyed.
    You've basically just missed the whole point of the thread just to make a rant none of what you've said is actually relevant to the thread, the OP never called the girl a slut or mocked her in fact he actually said good things about her.
    Since you need to have a one night stand to want to comment on this can I assume that you're salty about a one night stand of your own?

All you ever do is throw insult after insult. It had nothing to do with you to begin with as I was addressing the op
    And I did not say the op mocked her or called her a slut, you just make things up as you go along
    I did not derail anything nor did I miss any point and what I wrote is extremely relevant as the op can't make a thread then not explain why he didn't want to see the girl again if he doesn't want criticism or an honest opinion.
    I want him to tell me why he didn't see her again not you or anybody else making assumptions and again I'm just stating that I wish girls would have more respect for themselves and that men would learn to go on a proper date.
    Theirs nothing wrong with me writing that.
    All you ever do is throw insults first but have the cheek to tell me not to
    And your very sexist thinking you can tell me what to do
    Concentrate on giving the op advice not trying to start arguments because a girl doesn't agree with your opinion

ReputationRep:
    All you ever do is throw insult after insult. It had nothing to do with you to begin with as I was addressing the op
    And I did not say the op mocked her or called her a slut, you just make things up as you go along
    I did not derail anything nor did I miss any point and what I wrote is extremely relevant as the op can't make a thread then not explain why he didn't want to see the girl again if he doesn't want criticism or an honest opinion.
    I want him to tell me why he didn't see her again not you or anybody else making assumptions and again I'm just stating that I wish girls would have more respect for themselves and that men would learn to go on a proper date.
    Theirs nothing wrong with me writing that.
    All you ever do is throw insults first but have the cheek to tell me not to
    And your very sexist thinking you can tell me what to do
    Concentrate on giving the op advice not trying to start arguments because a girl doesn't agree with your opinion
    Woah woah woah woah
    How am I sexist you are blaming all of this stuff on male people? If you say that girls should do one thing and boys should do a different thing isn't that sexist? Why shouldn't all people have more respect and learn to go on a proper date they're both doing it.
    What insult have I made seriously show me it.
    Why did you mention calling girls sluts if the op didn't do that?
    Why is it even important why he won't see her again that wasn't what he focused on you just chose a part you could get offended at.
    And seriously, don't try to put sexism into this. I don't care what your gender is. You're the one saying how each gender should act so if anything you're the sexist one.

ReputationRep:
    Woah woah woah woah
    How am I sexist you are blaming all of this stuff on male people? If you say that girls should do one thing and boys should do a different thing isn't that sexist? Why shouldn't all people have more respect and learn to go on a proper date they're both doing it.
    What insult have I made seriously show me it.
    Why did you mention calling girls sluts if the op didn't do that?
    Why is it even important why he won't see her again that wasn't what he focused on you just chose a part you could get offended at.
    And seriously, don't try to put sexism into this. I don't care what your gender is. You're the one saying how each gender should act so if anything you're the sexist one.
    No, your sexist. Get it right
    It's got nothing to do with you why I'm asking why the op doesnt want to see her again. What's the point of him starting this thread if he doesn't tell people why he won't see her again so everyone understands and can give him the best advice so we are all left making assumptions because he won't say why
    Piss off now cos your getting on my nerves
    Your the one derailing the thread continuing to keep arguing with me and throwing insults when clearly I'm not interested in you
    I'm only directing my opinions to the op but you seem to think this is your thread
    Whats even weirder is that your a virgin but you are so offended that I would tell girls not to have one night stands and the reason I say this is because of disgusting boys/men like you who think girls are only good for one night stands so you can use them.
    I already know girls choose to do it too but my point is to stop doing it because of boys who think like you

ReputationRep:
    Old topic but my 2 cents.

Nothing wrong with a one night stand. As for a friend liking someone you had a ONS with it doesn't matter, had this exact situation last weekend where a friend had been trying with the girl for months and got nowhere. Way I see it, either your friend didn't have the courage to act on it, or she simply wasn't interested. Not going to feel bad for their shortcomings. ONS between 2 consenting adults, why should I feel bad?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Recently I had this one night stand with this girl but now I'm regretting it. I enjoyed having sex with her but I'm regretting for a number of reasons. One is that she was a really lovely girl I won't see her again. The big regret is unknown to me my best friend had feelings for her and had tried to get off with her earlier on. I didn't know this till after I had sex with her and now he's pissed at me what do I do?
    Just stay relaxed there is no reason to feel bad, trust me!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 21, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.