Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What restaurant do you eat at most? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gofre)
    Five guys is great for a burger you can order and eat in five minutes, but pretty average in the grand scheme of great burgers.
    I imagine OPM can't be any more unhealthy than FG so might aswell try it out when the ocassion is right :p: Probably after a really hard workout or something, I'll definitely message you with a review haha.
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sae.HH)
    I imagine OPM can't be any more unhealthy than FG so might aswell try it out when the ocassion is right :p: Probably after a really hard workout or something, I'll definitely message you with a review haha.
    Hopefully you enjoy, I'm on my way there now :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gofre)
    Hopefully you enjoy, I'm on my way there now :ahee:
    I'd like to make a point here. I don't like the way you talk about FG. I got my eyes on you boy.

ReputationRep:
    Used to go to the harvester a lot, but our closest one has shut down and the last time we went there the service was extremely slow. Otherwise, tend to go to independent pubs/restaurants such as the Kingfisher in Chertsey and Casparis also in Chertsey (if anyone actually knows where chertsey is)

ReputationRep:
    Morley's or McDonald's after school.

ReputationRep:
    KFC. In terms of actual restaurants probably Cosmo (buffet style restaurant) or anywhere that has Indian food on the menu lol

We get a dominoes quite often too. I love Nandos as well but my bf doesnt think its all that so we never go there 🙄
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FakeNewsEditor)
    I'd like to make a point here. I don't like the way you talk about FG. I got my eyes on you boy.
    Look all you like boy, I'm preaching truth here- Five Guys is decent enough for people who don't know any better but I can guarantee you your city probably has a better independent joint selling kickass burgers.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    I thought five guys was a mcdonalds type place when I went then they asked me for £13 for the burger and I was like "excuse me" :cry:

I went on my break for a cheap meal and ended up losing half the money I earned that shift urgh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tiger Rag)
    Erm, does McDonalds count?
    It should not be allowed to call itself a restaurant.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AndrewSCO)
    I thought five guys was a mcdonalds type place when I went then they asked me for £13 for the burger and I was like "excuse me" :cry:

I went on my break for a cheap meal and ended up losing half the money I earned that shift urgh
    I vaguely remember you saying youre from Glasgow. what places would you recommend to eat out?

Is Five Guys good at all? Always walk past that place but end up opting for a KFC instead 😂
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fermion.)
    I vaguely remember you saying youre from Glasgow. what places would you recommend to eat out?

Is Five Guys good at all? Always walk past that place but end up opting for a KFC instead 😂
    Five Guys is a good burger and better than McDonalds/Burger King etc but at £13 you may as well just go to a proper restaurant.

Hmm in Glasgow... a lot of the time we stick to the normal chains like Nandos, ASK Italian, Pizza Express etc. Other ones are Di Maggio's for an Italian which there are a few of in Glasgow, Balbirs which is an Indian in the west end. My favourite Italian is probably Amore in the centre and a bar called The Social in the centre is good too
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:

Bread Meats Bread is awesome for burgers in Glasgow while also being cheaper :yep:

(I feel like I'm gonna piss off all the Five Guys fans with my borderline-concerning knowledge of UK burger hotspots :ahee:)

ReputationRep:
    Nando's uno

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gofre)
    Look all you like boy, I'm preaching truth here- Five Guys is decent enough for people who don't know any better but I can guarantee you your city probably has a better independent joint selling kickass burgers.
    I guarantee you there's no way I'm walking 15 miles to eat a burger. If we're referring to places where you go regularly (as was the title of this thread) I will stick to FG rather than some chef-style, chock full of random ingredients burger for 30 quid.

ReputationRep:
    KFC. In terms of actual restaurants probably Cosmo (buffet style restaurant) or anywhere that has Indian food on the menu lol

We get a dominoes quite often too. I love Nandos as well but my bf doesnt think its all that so we never go there 🙄
    I swear they changed Cosmo's name to JRC, at least at the one in Croydon?

ReputationRep:
    Five Guys is a good burger and better than McDonalds/Burger King etc but at £13 you may as well just go to a proper restaurant.

Hmm in Glasgow... a lot of the time we stick to the normal chains like Nandos, ASK Italian, Pizza Express etc. Other ones are Di Maggio's for an Italian which there are a few of in Glasgow, Balbirs which is an Indian in the west end. My favourite Italian is probably Amore in the centre and a bar called The Social in the centre is good too
    (Original post by Gofre)
    Bread Meats Bread is awesome for burgers in Glasgow while also being cheaper :yep:

(I feel like I'm gonna piss off all the Five Guys fans with my borderline-concerning knowledge of UK burger hotspots :ahee:)
    Totally agree, I walk past and quickly skim the prices of Five Guys and think for that price we may as well go to a restaurant! Tried this place called BRGR where they make burgers for £4 and it wasnt nice at all. I guess you get what you paid for.

Will definitely try the places you have suggested! Thanks guys

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CallMeSosa)
    I swear they changed Cosmo's name to JRC, at least at the one in Croydon?
    Cosmo is still Cosmo in Edinburgh! Its the all you can eat buffet I'm talking about x
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Totally agree, I walk past and quickly skim the prices of Five Guys and think for that price we may as well go to a restaurant! Tried this place called BRGR where they make burgers for £4 and it wasnt nice at all. I guess you get what you paid for.

Will definitely try the places you have suggested! Thanks guys
    Yeah but then again, the places in Glasgow next to Five Guys like GBK and Handmade Burger Co have tiny burgers/potions and not worth it either

Cosmo is still Cosmo in Edinburgh! Its the all you can eat buffet I'm talking about x
    Yesssss I'm going to Cosmos on Sunday in Edinburgh

ReputationRep:
    Yeah but then again, the places in Glasgow next to Five Guys like GBK and Handmade Burger Co have tiny burgers/potions and not worth it either

Yesssss I'm going to Cosmos on Sunday in Edinburgh
    Omg! Love Cosmos, the indian food there is banging. Looks really nice on the inside as well!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I'm talking about that too. I just checked, the Cosmo in Croydon got bought by another buffet company, but the one in Edinburgh didn't. Makes sense.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.