Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What restaurant do you eat at most? Watch

Announcements
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fermion.)
    Omg! Love Cosmos, the indian food there is banging. Looks really nice on the inside as well!
    yesssss one of the curries they had/have is amazing

I find they cramp so many tables in though and you're so tightly packed but it doesn't really bother me, not been for a while so sunday so should be goooood

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CallMeSosa)
    Yeah I'm talking about that too. I just checked, the Cosmo in Croydon got bought by another buffet company, but the one in Edinburgh didn't. Makes sense.
    Aww I see! I hope its still as good as Cosmo lol
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FakeNewsEditor)
    I guarantee you there's no way I'm walking 15 miles to eat a burger. If we're referring to places where you go regularly (as was the title of this thread) I will stick to FG rather than some chef-style, chock full of random ingredients burger for 30 quid.
    If you don't have anywhere else local that's convenient to get to then that's fair enough. The majority of these places are no pricier than Five Guys, in fact they're usually a little cheaper. And I'm with you on the best burgers being simple- I'm not talking about Michelin starred toffery, just a few really good ingredients cooked really well.

I'm not saying five guys are terrible and that people shouldn't eat there, they're great at what they do. I'm just saying there are guys all over the country doing some really cool things and putting more care and quality into their food they serve than any big chain can do.

ReputationRep:
    Aww I see! I hope its still as good as Cosmo lol
    Lol everything is the same except for the signs outside and on the napkins. It's still peng.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CallMeSosa)
    Lol everything is the same except for the signs outside and on the napkins. It's still peng.
    Thank god for that! Lmao

ReputationRep:
    Cosmo is pretty bad tbh, as are most buffets. Ziryab in Birmingham is probably the best around I know of
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Study Helper

Nando's. :pierre:

ReputationRep:
    Totally agree, I walk past and quickly skim the prices of Five Guys and think for that price we may as well go to a restaurant! Tried this place called BRGR where they make burgers for £4 and it wasnt nice at all. I guess you get what you paid for.

Will definitely try the places you have suggested! Thanks guys
    I repped you by accident. Brid is amazing, well the one in edinburgh is becuase I ho quite a lot

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.