Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi I need some help!
    I submitted work on turnit in on Friday but emailed the lecturer over the weekend that I forgot to add the reference list and if I can just add it to the paper copy and he said yes.

I got a bit carried away and added a few things like about 400 words

Will they click on?
    • Very Important Poster

(Original post by Misssal2014)
    Hi I need some help!
    I submitted work on turnit in on Friday but emailed the lecturer over the weekend that I forgot to add the reference list and if I can just add it to the paper copy and he said yes.

I got a bit carried away and added a few things like about 400 words

Will they click on?
    Im a bit gobsmacked? How many words from the limit were you originally?
    What possessed you to add 400 words and then submit that?
    Are the 400 words for the bibliography or additional text?

If they are additional text them imo you have attempted to add a completely different version after the deadline and in a dishonest fashion. I would be really surprised if this isnt some sort of academic offence in itself. Im just gobsmacked you decided to do such a thing if it was additional text.

There is a chance they may not cotton on, but theres a chance they will and ask you to explain the discrepancy. I think thats when you get busted without some very quick thinking. It depends how relaxed they are.

Up to you whether you hope for the best or raise the issue. Easier if it wasnt over the word limit. Easier if they dont check the electronic copy, but look just at the hard copy. I cant see how that would be correct since they need to put it through turnitin anyway.

You might want to go and see the student advisor in the SU.

ReputationRep:
    I forgot to submit my reference list on an assignment last year. I just emailed the lecturer and he put up another submission point for the reference list.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.