Bicyclepump
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hey All,

I am just enquiring if I am counted as an independent student. I will be 25 prior to the first day of the next academic year (2017-2018).

I've seen mixed answers about requiring estrangement from parents or marriage, but is simply being over 25 enough to qualify?

Thanks
Laura S SFE
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hi Bicyclepump,

Yes if you turn 25 prior to start of the academic year then you would automatically be assessed as an independent student and we wouldn't look for any estrangement or financial evidence from your parents.

Thanks
Bicyclepump
Rep:
?
(Original post by Laura S SFE)
Hi Bicyclepump,

Yes if you turn 25 prior to start of the academic year then you would automatically be assessed as an independent student and we wouldn't look for any estrangement or financial evidence from your parents.

Thanks

Thanks Laura! If I may ask a follow up question please;

I started university being assessed through student finance NI. Now as an independent student my home address is London. Should I be applying still through student finance NI or apply with Student finance England?
Miriam SFE
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hi Bicyclepump

Is this going to be your permanent address or are you still in London for the purpose of study?

Thanks.
Bicyclepump
Rep:
?
(Original post by Miriam SFE)
Hi Bicyclepump

Is this going to be your permanent address or are you still in London for the purpose of study?

Thanks.
This is my permanent address, I will not be returning to Northern Ireland and will be staying in London after graduation from Uni.

Thanks
Shaun D SFE
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Bicyclepump)
This is my permanent address, I will not be returning to Northern Ireland and will be staying in London after graduation from Uni.

Thanks
Hi Bicyclepump,

You would apply via Student Finance England if you are residing permanently in London. The link below is the application form:

http://bit.ly/2tAXVNU

Warm regards.
Catherine SFE
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Bicyclepump)
Thanks Laura! If I may ask a follow up question please;

I started university being assessed through student finance NI. Now as an independent student my home address is London. Should I be applying still through student finance NI or apply with Student finance England?
Hi Bicyclepump

Are you going to be studying the same course or a new course while living in London?

Thanks Catherine
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (285)
56.21%
I don't have everything I need (222)
43.79%

Watched Threads