Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am fully aware that against all odds I have missed the final deadline for the 2016/2017 loan request. The reasons for this are complex, but mainly stem from me not being careful enough reading the contract and assuming that the UK student finance worked the same way as the Hungarian student finance. My elder sister is studying in Hungary, and in Hungary one has to apply for the student loan only once and it is automatically warranted every year after that. I was careless enough to assume, based on my sister’s Hungarian finance experience, that this worked the same way in the UK.

Unfortunately I realised it just now – that is why I apply for the student loan for my 2016/2017 and 2017/2018 academic years at the same time and send a cover letter too to explain my situation.

Has anyone experienced this issue before? What would your advice be? Where can I contact Student Finance? (e.g. additional email address or other forums, aside from their PO Box and telephone number)
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Hi KornelFaludi,

You have absolutely done the correct thing in sending in your application with a covering letter to explain why you are applying after the deadline. It is at the assessor's discretion as to whether or not it would be accepted. If they do accept it, the application will be data entered onto the system for processing then once on the system it would be processed in line with our standard timescales of at least six weeks.

You can contact student finance via our social media channels on here or Twitter and Facebook. There isn't a direct email address for contacting us the best way for you to monitor for an update on this is to check your online account to see if an application has been added for the 2016/17 academic year or call us on 0300 100 0607 if you don't see anything online.

Thanks

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.