Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I don't know what to do Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I met this guy in uni who is my flatmate and my course mate. It was a dream come true. We became such good friends so quickly. Basically spent almost all of our time together and we got along really well. We are living together next year too. We are both single so after a couple of months of uni people already started asking if we were together and teasing us and it was really awkward but we just laughed it of. It became the norm but its not like we could stay apart because I saw him at uni and in the halls. We still were really close though and we put our awkwardness to one side. Christmas holidays came and we went home.
    In January when we got back everything changed. He literally couldn't care less about me when I got back to the flat. He stopped talking to me much but we still would spend time together with other flatmates,coursemates. Also we have the same friendship group too so we literally are always in the same conversations and the same parties etc. We still would go to uni together but we just didn't talk like friends. it was always awkward to the point we tried to avoid each other. He just doesn't joke with me, talk to me or anything. I tried to pretend as if things were the same but it seemed weird as I wasn't getting the same response back.
    We still pretend we are friends when we are around other people but its very evident that there is something not quite right.
    I don't know what to do as I am going to live with him next year too and I can't spent all of my time being awkward around a person. I know this might sound petty but it preoccupied my mind a lot because I lost a friend in him and I lost someone I really thought I could jell with.
    I tried talking to him about it but he just said he doesn't thing anything has changed and I stopped asking him because he was denying everything. Any thoughts on this. I just wanted to talk to someone because at uni everyone knows both of us so I don't want anyone to pick sides. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    bump

ReputationRep:
    Try talking to him again because something's evidently happened and living together with him being like this isn't fair on you. If he still insists that everything is fine between you two you could try talking to some of his close friends and see whether they know anything about why his behaviour has changed? Hope this helps you!

ReputationRep:
    Ahh thank you so much for taking your time to reply. yeah I will try again. Because we have the same friends too its slightly difficult but I will give that a try

(Original post by seasidestudy)
    Try talking to him again because something's evidently happened and living together with him being like this isn't fair on you. If he still insists that everything is fine between you two you could try talking to some of his close friends and see whether they know anything about why his behaviour has changed? Hope this helps you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whatthisisme)
    Ahh thank you so much for taking your time to reply. yeah I will try again. Because we have the same friends too its slightly difficult but I will give that a try
    Aw no problem, happy to help! I do understand that though, I think it'll be more than worth a try if it'll help put your mind at rest. Feel free to let me know how it all goes if you want, good luck

ReputationRep:
    very true..Thank you again and I will do

(Original post by seasidestudy)
    Aw no problem, happy to help! I do understand that though, I think it'll be more than worth a try if it'll help put your mind at rest. Feel free to let me know how it all goes if you want, good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whatthisisme)
    Hey, I met this guy in uni who is my flatmate and my course mate. It was a dream come true. We became such good friends so quickly. Basically spent almost all of our time together and we got along really well. We are living together next year too. We are both single so after a couple of months of uni people already started asking if we were together and teasing us and it was really awkward but we just laughed it of. It became the norm but its not like we could stay apart because I saw him at uni and in the halls. We still were really close though and we put our awkwardness to one side. Christmas holidays came and we went home.
    In January when we got back everything changed. He literally couldn't care less about me when I got back to the flat. He stopped talking to me much but we still would spend time together with other flatmates,coursemates. Also we have the same friendship group too so we literally are always in the same conversations and the same parties etc. We still would go to uni together but we just didn't talk like friends. it was always awkward to the point we tried to avoid each other. He just doesn't joke with me, talk to me or anything. I tried to pretend as if things were the same but it seemed weird as I wasn't getting the same response back.
    We still pretend we are friends when we are around other people but its very evident that there is something not quite right.
    I don't know what to do as I am going to live with him next year too and I can't spent all of my time being awkward around a person. I know this might sound petty but it preoccupied my mind a lot because I lost a friend in him and I lost someone I really thought I could jell with.
    I tried talking to him about it but he just said he doesn't thing anything has changed and I stopped asking him because he was denying everything. Any thoughts on this. I just wanted to talk to someone because at uni everyone knows both of us so I don't want anyone to pick sides. Thanks
    Give him a snickers cause....
    "Your not quite you when your hungry,(eat a snickers)"

ReputationRep:
    ahh thats where I was going wrong....Thanks!

(Original post by apeshit007)
    Give him a snickers cause....
    "Your not quite you when your hungry,(eat a snickers)"

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 26, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.