Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

This is a weird one- bf's exes mum keeps stalking him... Watch

Announcements

My boyfriend dated his mum's friend's daughter for 5 months.
    Turns out I know this girl and I always got on with her.
    He's showed me texts he sent to his best friend whilst dating her saying he didn't like her and it was just a sex thing. Which she was ok with to start with.

They went on a massive family holiday together- everyone was there- 3 months into dating. His mum invited her.
    He's introducing me as is girlfriend and everybody is like 'Awwwh, so it didn't work out with *******' and I'm like

But her mum. She likes every status, every photo, everywhere we go she's there and obviously all she talks about is her daughter. She keeps inviting him out with her and her daughter and he's saying no. I actually once said he should go- to wind him up- because it's annoying him too. After he split with her, he was still trying to date and basically her mum was posting on his wall making out he was still seeing her daughter.

I talk to all of his exes other than her. His family talks to none of his exes other than her. He was going to block them all and tell them all to let it drop but that would be awkward for his mum so I told him not to.

I feel like the jealous girlfriend and i'm not usually- Would it annoy you?
    I know nothing will happen between him and her because he can't stand her. A part of me thinks it's funny because it's his karma for been nasty to his ex. I just don't feel like he's my boyfriend, it feels like i'm just a spare part.
    Maybe it's because I know her that it bothers me?

ReputationRep:
    You should just let him block her, his mum would probably understand his reasoning for doing it.

ReputationRep:
    He should just lose contact with them.

(Original post by (づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ)
    You should just let him block her, his mum would probably understand his reasoning for doing it.
    People will think I made him though- They'll think i'm a crazy new gf lol.

(Original post by TheAlchemistress)
    He should just lose contact with them.
    He never knew his mums friend before so that's how I feel too. But after the family holiday everyone is glued to each other and I don't want to make him feel uncomfortable. His mum wouldn't be happy with that at all and would probably hate me. Him and his ex were together for years and his mum doesn't even talk to her.... why talk to a holiday fling. It's all an odd set up in my opinion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    He never knew his mums friend before so that's how I feel too. But after the family holiday everyone is glued to each other and I don't want to make him feel uncomfortable. His mum wouldn't be happy with that at all and would probably hate me. Him and his ex were together for years and his mum doesn't even talk to her.... why talk to a holiday fling. It's all an odd set up in my opinion.
    Does he want to keep in contact with her family though?

(Original post by TheAlchemistress)
    Does he want to keep in contact with her family though?
    He's not particularly bothered. I think he's just trying not to upset his mum, or me lol. I don't mind the ex being on but not her mum....but then i feel guilty because her mum is a family friend. I guess he'll have to choose between me or them because i'm too chill for this ****.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    He's not particularly bothered. I think he's just trying not to upset his mum, or me lol. I don't mind the ex being on but not her mum....but then i feel guilty because her mum is a family friend. I guess he'll have to choose between me or them because i'm too chill for this ****.
    Fair enough.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 25, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.