The Student Room Group
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester

Did the Uni receive cancellation email?

I emailed admissions in the Social Care and Social Work department a few weeks ago, asking how my son goes about cancelling his course for September.[ Second year Social Care]. I was told he could email the admissions team and it would be sorted. He emailed them a good few days ago now, giving all his details, student ID and everything. He hasn't heard back from anyone, acknowledging his cancellation. Is this normal? EDIT. Just checked my emails and I sent the initial message on 3rd of July and someone called Janet Gough replied to me telling me to tell my son to email them, which he did a few days later.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by markova21
I emailed admissions in the Social Care and Social Work department a few weeks ago, asking how my son goes about cancelling his course for September.[ Second year Social Care]. I was told he could email the admissions team and it would be sorted. He emailed them a good few days ago now, giving all his details, student ID and everything. He hasn't heard back from anyone, acknowledging his cancellation. Is this normal? EDIT. Just checked my emails and I sent the initial message on 3rd of July and someone called Janet Gough replied to me telling me to tell my son to email them, which he did a few days later.

Although I can't help much with your question, I always tend to ask for read receipts for important emails so I know that someone has read it :smile:
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester
Reply 2
Original post by games211
Although I can't help much with your question, I always tend to ask for read receipts for important emails so I know that someone has read it :smile:

Hi. Sorry, what's a "read receipt"? Not heard of this before.
Hi. Sorry, what's a "read receipt"? Not heard of this before.

It's basically an email tracking tool .

''..a delivery receipt confirms delivery of your email message to the recipient's mailbox, but not that the recipient has seen it or read it. A read receipt confirms that your message was opened.''
Reply 4
Original post by games211
It's basically an email tracking tool .

''..a delivery receipt confirms delivery of your email message to the recipient's mailbox, but not that the recipient has seen it or read it. A read receipt confirms that your message was opened.''

Gosh, thanks. [ You learn something new every day] !!

The first place I would check to see if the withdrawal has gone through is your Sons UCAS Track. If we have processed the withdrawal it will show on there as withdrawn.

If you log on, and it looks like it hasn't been processed, then please give our Admissions Team a ring on 0161 247 5920 for an update. They'll be able to confirm that the email has been received.

Also, sorry to hear that you son is withdrawing. We wish him all the best in the future! :smile:

Rebecca
Reply 6
Original post by Manchester Metropolitan University
The first place I would check to see if the withdrawal has gone through is your Sons UCAS Track. If we have processed the withdrawal it will show on there as withdrawn.

If you log on, and it looks like it hasn't been processed, then please give our Admissions Team a ring on 0161 247 5920 for an update. They'll be able to confirm that the email has been received.

Also, sorry to hear that you son is withdrawing. We wish him all the best in the future! :smile:

Rebecca

Thank you. He still has work outstanding on his HND due to a bit of depression. The college has given him until the middle of August to hand it all in. But this means he will not be able to graduate with his qualification along with everyone else in his year and will not get his HND until September 2018.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending