Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Military Girlfriend Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,

So, reading through a couple of long distance posts, not that many people going through the whole military long distance experience, sooo heres mine.
    Me and My Boyfriend have been together for 2 years now and just last summer he decided to become a part of the Royal Air Force (RAF), And as much as I hated the idea of him leaving me from months to years on end, I supported his dreams and decisions and he's now in his phase 2 training sector of becoming a Gunner, which started on the 14th of June and lasts for 14 months.
    Its been very tough and I barely speak to him, The only time I get to hear from him is at 5am in the morning when he sends me a good morning text and in the evening when he's finished for the day (Which he never really is)
    However, Ive become a bit worried recently, so this weekend he came home and visited me, although all we did was have 'fun time' and party, Which I didnt mind at the time. But the moment he got back to his base on the Sunday afternoon he didnt call me at all, nor did he text me before bed or in the morning of Monday.
    Then once he'd finished work on Monday, He told me he was busy prepping his kit and couldnt talk, Which never usually stopped him from talking to me in the past, and he then 'Went to sleep' without a word to me and again, I didnt receive a text from him this morning. Is it too soon to tell he's bored of me? Or do I wait it out a little longer before confronting him? Might I add Im not a controlling girlfriend what so ever, I never demand his life around and let him live freely so Im really worried on how to confront him about this..
    HELPPP...!
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bbymeig)
    Hey guys,

So, reading through a couple of long distance posts, not that many people going through the whole military long distance experience, sooo heres mine.
    Me and My Boyfriend have been together for 2 years now and just last summer he decided to become a part of the Royal Air Force (RAF), And as much as I hated the idea of him leaving me from months to years on end, I supported his dreams and decisions and he's now in his phase 2 training sector of becoming a Gunner, which started on the 14th of June and lasts for 14 months.
    Its been very tough and I barely speak to him, The only time I get to hear from him is at 5am in the morning when he sends me a good morning text and in the evening when he's finished for the day (Which he never really is)
    However, Ive become a bit worried recently, so this weekend he came home and visited me, although all we did was have 'fun time' and party, Which I didnt mind at the time. But the moment he got back to his base on the Sunday afternoon he didnt call me at all, nor did he text me before bed or in the morning of Monday.
    Then once he'd finished work on Monday, He told me he was busy prepping his kit and couldnt talk, Which never usually stopped him from talking to me in the past, and he then 'Went to sleep' without a word to me and again, I didnt receive a text from him this morning. Is it too soon to tell he's bored of me? Or do I wait it out a little longer before confronting him? Might I add Im not a controlling girlfriend what so ever, I never demand his life around and let him live freely so Im really worried on how to confront him about this..
    HELPPP...!
    I think you have to decide if you can cope with him committing to a job that's for years of your lives as not having time to communicate with you is understandable but it sounds like he is struggling it

ReputationRep:
    Talk to him. It might be that he needs to do communication a little differently to cope... or that there's a problem he's not telling you. Either way you need to have a conversation (not a confrontation) about it.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 25, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.