Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Court Funds Office Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    In July 2011 I was involved in a RTC which led to me being awarded money for an injury sustained and some emotional trauma. Because I was 10 at the time of the collision and 11 when the money was awarded, my awarded money was put into a Court Funds Account for me, with my dad acting as my ligitation friend. I'm about to turn 17 in August and was wondering if the early release of funds they allow will be avaliable for driving lessons - and insurance after that. So, me and my dad have written to the court that awarded me the money to ask for my dad to be given the money, for him to then give to me for what I require. It's been a week since we sent the letter and we've had no response, do they take a long time to respond or have we done the procedure wrongly?
    • Very Important Poster

(Original post by KGTreacher)
    In July 2011 I was involved in a RTC which led to me being awarded money for an injury sustained and some emotional trauma. Because I was 10 at the time of the collision and 11 when the money was awarded, my awarded money was put into a Court Funds Account for me, with my dad acting as my ligitation friend. I'm about to turn 17 in August and was wondering if the early release of funds they allow will be avaliable for driving lessons - and insurance after that. So, me and my dad have written to the court that awarded me the money to ask for my dad to be given the money, for him to then give to me for what I require. It's been a week since we sent the letter and we've had no response, do they take a long time to respond or have we done the procedure wrongly?

Courts are by their nature, busy and this slow. I would allow 2-4 weeks, but if its that important then just call them and see if they can offer any guidance. If you get stuck after that post back and I will see if I can see what the criteria is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    Courts are by their nature, busy and this slow. I would allow 2-4 weeks, but if its that important then just call them and see if they can offer any guidance. If you get stuck after that post back and I will see if I can see what the criteria is.
    I'm not too sure that the letter I sent last Tuesday was the correct way to go about things. Further research has brought up a form which shows we can request the money from the court funds office, however I think I still need to see the court that awarded me the money. My account is a special account so its managed by a deputy (my dad) - not a ligitation friend as first thought. Further to my original post, do I still have to go through the court or do I have a court order from when I was awarded the money?
    • Very Important Poster

(Original post by KGTreacher)
    I'm not too sure that the letter I sent last Tuesday was the correct way to go about things. Further research has brought up a form which shows we can request the money from the court funds office, however I think I still need to see the court that awarded me the money. My account is a special account so its managed by a deputy (my dad) - not a ligitation friend as first thought. Further to my original post, do I still have to go through the court or do I have a court order from when I was awarded the money?
    Hi the information to obtain a payment is here and you ask the original court to give permission and then contact the court funds office.

Name:  court funds.PNG
Views: 15
Size:  21.7 KB

I believe you use this form.

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...ayment-request

Just confirm with the court the correct form. They will know straight away.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.