Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

TSR Plays Pokemon Red Watch

Announcements
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure a lot of you saw TwitchPlaysPokemon a few years ago, but for those who didn't, this is TSR Plays Pokemon, and an explanation can be found below!

For those of you that don't know Pokémon at all, the aim is to create a team of 6 Pokémon, and battle your way through the game, defeating the 8 gym leaders found within it, and eventually challenging the elite four. Alongside this, your aim is to fill out the Pokedex, which has a record of every Pokémon, and you complete it by catching as many of them as you can.

The way it's played is that each of you can post an instruction (Up, Down, Left, Right, A, B, Start, or Select) and each evening I'll run through them, entering them into the game. Naturally, this could result in utter carnage, as you'll all be in control of the game without being able to see it!

I'll update the game progress each evening, though I may set up a live stream if it doesn't work as is, and you'll be given a screenshot of where the TSR Trainer currently stands.

No more than 5 posts/moves in a row per person, please, and if this doesn't make sense at all, then let me know and I'll try and explain things more clearly!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    YES I LOVE THIS please do a capture of the movements though. I was in hysterics for days at this before.

anyway...

Start!

ReputationRep:
    Pick Charmander. :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    #Charizard4Life

ReputationRep:
    Are you going to screenshot each move made and post it?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AmeliaLost)
    YES I LOVE THIS please do a capture of the movements though. I was in hysterics for days at this before.

anyway...

Start!
    I'll certainly do this once I get it set up properly tonight!

(Original post by (づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ)
    Are you going to screenshot each move made and post it?
    At the moment I'm thinking of updating every few moves, rather than after every single one, but I'll adapt it if needed!

ReputationRep:
    I haven't played the originals. Is the "wow science" or "wow technology" guy in Pallet Town?

Left!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by orderofthelotus)
    I haven't played the originals. Is the "wow science" or "wow technology" guy in Pallet Town?

Left!
    He is indeed. I can run red and blue blindfolded I know it that well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Guru Jason)
    He is indeed. I can run red and blue blindfolded I know it that well.
    I really hope those NPCs are just the same guy, just for the banter. He's just there... showin you up... beating you to every new region...

Up!
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Right, so AmeliaLost got us to the start speech with Prof Oak, and orderofthelotus, I'm afraid your move didn't do anything because we're stuck in the speech still!

• Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    A!

I'm excited to name our character :3

Spoiler:
    Show

I need a life

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shadowdweller)
    Right, so AmeliaLost got us to the start speech with Prof Oak, and orderofthelotus, I'm afraid your move didn't do anything because we're stuck in the speech still!

Kay press right and then A when you get on the starter selection screen. :mmm:

But for now, press A!
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    A!

I'm excited to name our character :3

Spoiler:
    Show

I need a life

I've skipped us ahead through the dialogue at the start (I thought this would be more interesting for everyone), so we're now onto the name

I'm excited to see what kind of name comes out of this too, don't worry :lol:

Kay press right and then A when you get on the starter selection screen. :mmm:
    I think that might be cheating!

ReputationRep:
    I've skipped us ahead through the dialogue at the start (I thought this would be more interesting for everyone), so we're now onto the name

I'm excited to see what kind of name comes out of this too, don't worry :lol:

I think that might be cheating!
    Three right, then press A. :dontknow: I hope I'm not screwing it up if AmeliaLost had something in mind.

I didn't realise we were doing the start sequence together too. I thought you just skipped straight to the overworld.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Three right, then press A. :dontknow: I hope I'm not screwing it up if AmeliaLost had something in mind.
    Haha no I think you can only have three commands in a row though, not four. Usually the commands are one per post too, to increase the entropy (and because that was the limitation of Twitch's system) but that's shadowdweller's call!

down

ReputationRep:
    Haha no I think you can only have three commands in a row though, not four. Usually the commands are one per post too, to increase the entropy (and because that was the limitation of Twitch's system) but that's shadowdweller's call!

down
    Ohhh right. Gosh. This is new.

A.

ReputationRep:
    wait, wth this will take my whole life to do! it'll take 5 years just to pick a starter!

ReputationRep:
    B

• TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:

I didn't realise we were doing the start sequence together too. I thought you just skipped straight to the overworld.
    Right, this added a 'D' to the name!

down
    I'll allow it until we get into game world, or this will take forever :lol:

Ohhh right. Gosh. This is new.

A.
    You and AmeliaLost managed to add an 'M' to the name, but...

(Original post by Meany Pie)
    B

Meany Pie then deleted it :lol:

So we're at this point now:

• Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    You and AmeliaLost managed to add an 'M' to the name, but...

Meany Pie then deleted it :lol:
    Noooooo she lives up to her nakesake again :emo:

Down

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Forum Games Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.