Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

CCF/ATC rivalry Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I'm a CCF(RAF) cadet and I've just come home from a mixed camp, there were 120+ ATC there and only a handful of us CCF and when we got there and signed in and said that we were CCF we were met with looks of disgust and for the whole week we were the butts of many jokes. By the end we had made lots of friends and managed to convince our new buddies that we were the exceptions to the CCF stereotype but while we were there no one would tell us why exactly there was such a big rift between the two branches of the ACO... every time we asked we were met with the same vague answer of 'CCF can't march', 'it's because none of you can dress yourselves' and 'none of you have respect for this organisation' but we clearly aren't considering 3/5 of us won awards at the end of the week... was there some event that created this eneminity? How can such an intense amount of disapproval just appear without a key event? SOMEONE HELP ME UNDERSTAND PLEASE XXX

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CCF(RAF))
    I'm a CCF(RAF) cadet and I've just come home from a mixed camp, there were 120+ ATC there and only a handful of us CCF and when we got there and signed in and said that we were CCF we were met with looks of disgust and for the whole week we were the butts of many jokes. By the end we had made lots of friends and managed to convince our new buddies that we were the exceptions to the CCF stereotype but while we were there no one would tell us why exactly there was such a big rift between the two branches of the ACO... every time we asked we were met with the same vague answer of 'CCF can't march', 'it's because none of you can dress yourselves' and 'none of you have respect for this organisation' but we clearly aren't considering 3/5 of us won awards at the end of the week... was there some event that created this eneminity? How can such an intense amount of disapproval just appear without a key event? SOMEONE HELP ME UNDERSTAND PLEASE XXX
    Lmao how long have you been in cadets? It's just jokes as far as I'm concerned, basically the same as the ATC/ sea cadets rivalry. And you might be the exceptions but CCF standards do seem to have a tendency to be lower than ATC standards, though that's not entirely your fault

ReputationRep:
    ATC are scum. JK I'm Army (CCF, Royal Fusiliers, Cpl) and tbh we haven't mixed with any ATC or sea cadets, we have dabbled with some ACF but even then really little. I think there is such a rift between CCF and other sections due to the fact that CCF is run within school rather than a community, that means the staff are less likely to have had army experience, but also most of the time the cadets are forced into taking part rather than actually wanting to do it.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 25, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to the armed forcesGuide to the Royal Air ForceA job in the Army

Featured recruiter profiles:

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Quick Link:

Unanswered Armed Forces Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.